Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Presents (Rant)

Christmas Presents (Rant)

I have video footage of me opening 110 red presents (worth $500 each) and getting nothing but food and furniture. Nothing that you wouldnt get on the $300 or $200 presents. Why is it that the most expensive gifts are the most worthless ones?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Development Team
    Well it's by chance that you get good items. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    I have video footage of me opening 110 red presents (worth $500 each) and getting nothing but food and furniture. Nothing that you wouldnt get on the $300 or $200 presents. Why is it that the most expensive gifts are the most worthless ones?

it is luck based so...
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Sell the food and try again
    That’s besides the point.
    I’m starting to think that you spam threads with whatever you want as long as it is loosely related to the thread in some aspect - don’t.

——

I opened roughly 200 $500 presents and I got some melees, food and furniture - nothing interesting.
    Yeah they’re nice but very niche
    I’m pretty sure iMagic is complaining about the contents of the present though, not the rates.

I gave Rima all the presents I bought with $100 USD and she didn't get an exotic coin. D:

I bought roughly 200 red $500 presents spread across two accounts.

I got 4 ec's in total after opening all my presents, with two of the ec's coming from the presents from Santa.

No golden gun, just duplicate items, tons of food and traps.

Obviously no exotic coin.

Not going to lie- slightly disappointed that I got nothing really interesting.

I feel like this year was sort of weird in terms of history in that there really wasn't any discussion on what items will in be the presents, as opposed to last year, where we discussed the types of rare items and golden guns we would ideally like in our presents.

There was a lack of transparency and open discussion on what the players were hoping for from purchasing presents and I think that's why a lot of people are/ were upset.

I believe one improvement management could definitely improve on is to at least inform people about what they could get from presents.

There's a lot of misinformation about whether or not exotic coins are in certain colors of presents as opposed to prices and what the chances of getting an ec in a $300 present is compared to a $500 one.

Make this clear for everyone. Inform people about what they're going to get b/c with all the post- purchase nerfs/ changes we get after buying an item, people who usually actively purchase stuff are going to be reluctant to buy things.

Also, HW, if you're reading this, if you want to be half as respected as snake, take action and communicate with your players. One aspect of snake that I really liked about him was the stickies that he would post (albeit infrequently) about certain updates or prompt us on what we as a community would like to see in the future.

Though Christmas is only one holiday, I suspect that this is one of the best selling/ profitable days for the company. If you want the current people who buy the presents that you're selling right now, you need to actively have people who act as a liaison between management and players so that what ever items that we would like to see (i.e. winter umbrella, gold butterfly knife) in the presents could at least be discussed and acknowledged so that what we say doesn't fall to deaf ears. Whether that means you making a forum account and at least giving us a patch notes or a heads up, or releasing the exotic items and showcasing them early prior to the present opening date to hype people, is completely up to you.

All I'm saying is, this was by far one of the most disappointing events I have been involved in, especially when this was my first time actually spending gralats on Christmas.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 12-25-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I bought roughly 200 red $500 presents spread across two accounts.

I got 4 ec's in total after opening all my presents, with two of the ec's coming from the presents from Santa.

No golden gun, just duplicate items, tons of food and traps.

Obviously no exotic coin.

Not going to lie- slightly disappointed that I got nothing really interesting.

I feel like this year was sort of weird in terms of history in that there really wasn't any discussion on what items will in be the presents, as opposed to last year, where we discussed the types of rare items and golden guns we would ideally like in our presents.

There was a lack of transparency and open discussion on what the players were hoping for from purchasing presents and I think that's why a lot of people are/ were upset.
    How do u get 2 ECs from santa?

I didn't open any presents this year. You didn't get any hats?
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post

You do get more items in the $500 presents though. Like, 7 food in the $500 ones vs 2 food in the $100 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    How do u get 2 ECs from santa?
    I had two accounts, with 100 presents each.

I got one free present from each account.

In total, I got 2 ec's from 200 presents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    You do get more items in the $500 presents though. Like, 7 food in the $500 ones vs 2 food in the $100 ones.
    That's besides the point.

What he's saying is that there's really nothing fundamentally different from a $500 present v. a $300 present with the exception of a very very low chance to win something that we have no idea will be decent/ fun to use/ cool.

What he wants is something that really sets apart $500's from the $300's rather than getting more food from them.