Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Presents (Rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    How many presents did u open?
    Like 520

Doesnt the drop rate of gold sten go up if the gift has a looong letter in it? I mean my friend sent me a gift, it had a pretty long letter, and i got EC from it, then i got EC again, then EC again from santa, so 3 EC but no sten :/

I was getting better items from the $100 gifts than in $500 ones. Furniture and melees were just duplicates and I got that green banner probably 13-14 times in a row. Kind of feels rigged when you're one of the first people to open gifts almost maxed out on all color and get nothing but food, while someone gets 2 exotic coins while opening roughly 30-40 presents total, I don't believe it either but it happened.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    I was getting better items from the $100 gifts than in $500 ones. Furniture and melees were just duplicates and I got that green banner probably 13-14 times in a row. Kind of feels rigged when you're one of the first people to open gifts almost maxed out on all color and get nothing but food, while someone gets 2 exotic coins while opening roughly 30-40 presents total, I don't believe it either but it happened.
    I feel like a saw more varieties of melees and hats, along with furniture from the $100 presents than the $500.

It doesn't feel like I'm getting rewarded as a player who spent 5 times more on a gift than someone who only spent $100.

The way I coded it was based on factors- there are limits to how many 'rare' items were released, such as

• 20 of the best gun (i.e. 20 Souizens, 40 Bars, 10 Chemical Guns)
    • 20 of the Exotic Coins
    • No limits on Event Coins
    • No limits on Golden Guns

The reason I limited it was because I had to ensure Era didn't have a 1000 players with the best guns. This is where the 'Open your presents ASAP' comes in? However, it isn't really the case as last year I know there were still guns that hadn't reached their max amount when I stopped the presents.

I would've done it slightly different this year - I would've taken in to account the volume of warnings you have had this year and reduced your chances by 3% per warning.

All the items are purely random - i added certain restrictions with guns (such as if it's dual, max you can get is x2); I would've liked to have seen the community more engaged (as somebody mentioned). I always approached you guys each year to find out which guns were in the presents. Out of curiosity, what items were actually in the presents?

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    The way I coded it was based on factors- there are limits to how many 'rare' items were released, such as

• 20 of the Exotic Coins

The reason I limited it was because I had to ensure Era didn't have a 1000 players with the best guns. This is where the 'Open your presents ASAP' comes in? However, it isn't really the case as last year I know there were still guns that hadn't reached their max amount when I stopped the presents.

I would've done it slightly different this year - I would've taken in to account the volume of warnings you have had this year and reduced your chances by 3% per warning.

All the items are purely random - i added certain restrictions with guns (such as if it's dual, max you can get is x2); I would've liked to have seen the community more engaged (as somebody mentioned). I always approached you guys each year to find out which guns were in the presents. Out of curiosity, what items were actually in the presents?
    Golden Sten, Reindeer Mount, Red/Green/Purple Laser Goggles, Truck Toy, Xmas banner,Weird Bird huh , golden/purple/red/green sword, ice staff, ice cutter sword, winter disc blade, Lollipop Sword

That's all I know so far

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

• 20 of the Exotic Coins

O wow, chemical guns and bars were in the presents in the past? .

I like the idea of good behavior being rewarded.

In your eyes, would you have coded it so that the time and the amount of warnings were both taken into account?

(Time = When you got warned)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    O wow, chemical guns and bars were in the presents in the past? .

I like the idea of good behavior being rewarded.

In your eyes, would you have coded it so that the time and the amount of warnings were both taken into account?

(Time = When you got warned)
    Those guns were examples haha

Probably not time - just the category; i.e. hacking = knocked by 5%, staff impersonation 1%

Big Cheese Sottocapo

• 20 of the Exotic Coins

This would've been an amazing idea. I've been a good boi this year

Those guns were examples haha

Probably not time - just the category; i.e. hacking = knocked by 5%, staff impersonation 1%
    In your opinion + past experience as a manager for the game, what do you think was the biggest fluke/ flaw this Christmas/ holiday season the game experienced?

(i.e. presents being subpar, no discussion on what the players wanted in the presents, exotic coin distribution or perhaps something else?)