Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Presents (Rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    In your opinion + past experience as a manager for the game, what do you think was the biggest fluke/ flaw this Christmas/ holiday season the game experienced?

(i.e. presents being subpar, no discussion on what the players wanted in the presents, exotic coin distribution or perhaps something else?)
    If I am 100% honest, the one thing that hurt me the most is that Era didn't celebrate it's 7th birthday on the 21st December.

I always saw Christmas as the time for 'gifting' - I always tried to make everything cheap; and drop a few free EC's every day. That being said, this is the most stressful time of the year and it made me happy seeing everybody's reactions to the presents being opened which made it all worthwhile. I always spent at least 2 to 3 hours on Era on Christmas day every morning to ensure the presents had no issues and we crammed as much stuff in there as we possibly could. I really appreciated every staff member that helped over Christmas and last year I let the development staff choose any item from the EC store up to 100 EC's depending on how much they contributed

come back pls
    In Game Name: Javah.

Have Any Questions Or Need Help? PM Me Ingame!

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    If I am 100% honest, the one thing that hurt me the most is that Era didn't celebrate it's 7th birthday on the 21st December.

I always saw Christmas as the time for 'gifting' - I always tried to make everything cheap; and drop a few free EC's every day. That being said, this is the most stressful time of the year and it made me happy seeing everybody's reactions to the presents being opened which made it all worthwhile. I always spent at least 2 to 3 hours on Era on Christmas day every morning to ensure the presents had no issues and we crammed as much stuff in there as we possibly could. I really appreciated every staff member that helped over Christmas and last year I let the development staff choose any item from the EC store up to 100 EC's depending on how much they contributed
    No homo i love this guy

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayzay View Post
    No homo i love this guy

I love him full homo

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

+Rep

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

snk for pope
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

snk you were an excellent manager

Those guns were examples haha

Probably not time - just the category; i.e. hacking = knocked by 5%, staff impersonation 1%
    So, if I'm understanding what you said correctly, if there's a 15% to get a rare and a player does something he isn't shouldn't do, like hacking, the chance him getting a rare is reduced by -5%, Meaning that he only has a 10% chance to get the item? Wow gg Snk that is creative
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Been gagged like twice this month

Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

The way I coded it was based on factors- there are limits to how many 'rare' items were released, such as

• 20 of the best gun (i.e. 20 Souizens, 40 Bars, 10 Chemical Guns)
    • 20 of the Exotic Coins
    • No limits on Event Coins
    • No limits on Golden Guns

The reason I limited it was because I had to ensure Era didn't have a 1000 players with the best guns. This is where the 'Open your presents ASAP' comes in? However, it isn't really the case as last year I know there were still guns that hadn't reached their max amount when I stopped the presents.

I would've done it slightly different this year - I would've taken in to account the volume of warnings you have had this year and reduced your chances by 3% per warning.

All the items are purely random - i added certain restrictions with guns (such as if it's dual, max you can get is x2); I would've liked to have seen the community more engaged (as somebody mentioned). I always approached you guys each year to find out which guns were in the presents. Out of curiosity, what items were actually in the presents?
    Yea that was a cool idea that another staff was discussing for next year, to have a 'naughty' and 'nice' list so players who had been bad with lots of warnings would get decreased chances for their presents. Still would probably need to come up with a way to prevent players from just using an alt account that has no history on it though

For the present contents I heard it was the same as last year at least for the rare items, just swapping last years items with new ones.

There were actually more of the 'limited' guns than last year, just since it was the metalstorm i'd assume that most of the players who bought lots of gifts probably already had the gun, so wouldn't have got a second one which is why to them it seemed like they didn't get anything.

The rare items for this year were a mount, the umbrella melee from last year, a snowflake melee, the gold gun, exotic coin and the store gun.

I think that's the same number of rares as last year, with the 2nd store gun from last year being swapped with the mount item