Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Player Submission Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    You: Is he making this thread because he lost?
    Me: Yes and no.

First of all, let me congrats the winner of this year's contest. =o
    Second of all, let me scold whoever reviewed this year's contest. (WreX, if it's you, *censored*)

What in the world do you see? I see bad hats that aren't well shaded, confusing, and unappealing.

Soul, I love you man, but your current hat doesn't deserve first place. If anything, I think your red hat deserved first. Honestly Soul, what the heck is that blue crystal unappealing 'copy-n-paste-one-sprite' hat? Who is reviewing these hats?

Mel, you did fine, but you sure didn't deserve any spots in the top 3, your hat lacks shading, has an incredibly weird looking back sprite, and bland coloring. Oh there's cute little floating things? Yeah, I don't care, quality is poor nonetheless.

Momma Player, you deserve 1st place, hell your mask is incredibly well shaded, great simple coloring, and an amazing outline - perfection, but if anything, it's a generic Christmas idea. A reindeer that is a gas mask.

Kaitou K., what the hell is that? There's no sort of outline for the white fur, god it looks ugly. Man, did you even add any sort of outline? It's so ridged. What's up with the shading? Poor lighting. How irrelevant is the back sprite too. I'm surprised you won.

Blue, Kelsi, Uzi, you did well. Good job. (Not top 3s though. Too generic and lacks creativity.)

WreX, ReBorn, Olirus, whoever the hell is reviewing these works, focus on them. Don't simply go for the 'o it looks cute lol' and pass it. That's stupid. Surely Soul had very complex shading which made the hat look better in texture-wise, but it doesn't deserve first just because of that.

Texture, Shading, Outline, AA, Lighting, Creativity, Logical, and Not Repetitive
    is what matters, keep that in consideration.

Jeesh, this year sucked. Few of the hats in gifts were awful.
    I feel the same way man
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

No offense to Wrex but his graphics are crappy what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    He has a long way to become a true GFXA. Put him down to GFX Staff and promote my Raul.

I'm waiting for a gfx admin to reply this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Melone View Post
    I'm waiting for a gfx admin to reply this thread
    I am too. =(

I understand how you feel! Like yes, Soul is an amazing artist but his work for this competition isn't that outstanding. I expected better tbh. No, i'm not salty because I didn't place if you are wondering. I just found it weird too. The theme was strictly Christmas, but there were hats Winter themed (like Soul's and that guy on 3rd place). There's a difference between Christmas and Winter. Yes they are a little similar but not everybody celebrates Christmas and drink hot cocoa okay (like people living in SEA and Aussies we have summer) I just hope that for future competitions, they'll judge carefully and be more clearer with their rules/requirements.
    Yes ok thx bye

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kelsi; 12-31-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    He has a long way to become a true GFXA. Put him down to GFX Staff and promote my Raul.
    don't turn this into a flame thread please - you can criticise the outcomes but refrain from targeting particular persons.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I think the reviewer was a bit lazy and just checked the first people who sent and approved.

Anyways, I saw your works and I think yours are way better than theirs. You also gave them a good constructive criticism.

support from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    I was on Wrexs thread earlier and i saw some of his works, got to say that i agree with you, the things he makes doesnt fit the game, its just a complete freestyle, his graphics are good, but they dont fit the game, i think he made that one biiiiig sword and the shield, y`know, the one that was for VIP

Ain't Christmas in winter?!? So its allowed.

Secondly, there was hardly any hype for contest, so no push for producing good quality work.

Finally, the ENTIRE room had 0 appeal to people like the melees were bad.
    Check my profile for exclusive look at albums of My shop themed items and the progress on each projects!
    Albums progress on pause due to to school

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Johnny View Post
    Ain't Christmas in winter?!? So its allowed.

Secondly, there was hardly any hype for contest, so no push for producing good quality work.

Finally, the ENTIRE room had 0 appeal to people like the melees were bad.
    No, Christmas isn’t in winter for Australians and Asians