Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want to improve at PvP and git gud. Anything I should know?

Question I want to improve at PvP and git gud. Anything I should know?

Hiya everyone, I've got yet another question.
    I've never been good at PvP/Competitive, but I'd like to get better in order to be useful to my gang in basing.
    Is there any help/criticism you guys can provide to me so that I can improve? I think the main issue are my guns, which the only good ones are Taurus, Dual AP7, M-16, ACR, and a Glock18. I want to buy better guns but I think it'd be better to work on skill and tactics because even if I bought a Minigun or PBP, it'd be useless without proper skill.

I don't know if it's helpful, but I understand that higher spread seems to help because it gives a higher chance to hit a moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by Muon View Post
    Hiya everyone, I've got yet another question.
    I've never been good at PvP/Competitive, but I'd like to get better in order to be useful to my gang in basing.
    Is there any help/criticism you guys can provide to me so that I can improve? I think the main issue are my guns, which the only good ones are Taurus, Dual AP7, M-16, ACR, and a Glock18. I want to buy better guns but I think it'd be better to work on skill and tactics because even if I bought a Minigun or PBP, it'd be useless without proper skill.

I don't know if it's helpful, but I understand that higher spread seems to help because it gives a higher chance to hit a moving target.
    I wouldn't recommend using the taurus unless your sparring. It you want to stick to basing and pking, i'd recommend using the ACR and Glock with attachment while saving up for a pbp, pdw sd, m4 or even a sten. Maybe a bar if you aren't feeling lazy.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    I wouldn't recommend using the taurus unless your sparring. It you want to stick to basing and pking, i'd recommend using the ACR and Glock with attachment while saving up for a pbp, pdw sd, m4 or even a sten. Maybe a bar if you aren't feeling lazy.
    I wouldn't recommend guns like the ACR for basing and pk.

ACR is like a poor man's shipka. Glock + attachment feels like a neo rifle. Sten is more suited for spar.

Muon, while there is a certain threshold where skill beats utility, but I think you need to start with better tools before working on skill.

Out of all the guns JYGSHELBY suggested, I would say that PDW is the best in terms of overall utility (spar + pk).

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I wouldn't recommend guns like the ACR for basing and pk.

ACR is like a poor man's shipka. Glock + attachment feels like a neo rifle.
    What do you mean? The ACR is fine for basing besides the slightly high freeze.
    And Glock with attachment is a bit faster than neo rifle, has a larger clip, and is automatic.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    What do you mean? The ACR is fine for basing besides the slightly high freeze.
    And Glock with attachment is a bit faster than neo rifle, has a larger clip, and is automatic.
    Oh, so the attachment makes it automatic! I thought the glock was just terrible, but I didn't have the attachment.
    I figured that since G18 does the same damage as M-16, which is automatic by itself, that I shouldn't have bought the G18. Guess I should save up for the attachment then.

Thanks for the replies!

Isn't the Glock good for basing and sparring.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Isn't the Glock good for basing and sparring.
    You could just get a makarov and save yourself a few thousand gralats. It's a great cheap beginners gun for sparring.
    I haven;t really tested the glock with basing though.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

For basing I would just recommend an m4, shipka and a bar. You will see yourself not really using any other gun even though you own them.
    :}
    Need help? Pm me here on the forums or in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by PINEHONEY View Post
    For basing I would just recommend an m4, shipka and a bar. You will see yourself not really using any other gun even though you own them.
    M4 would be useless if you alrdy own shipka and bar

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    I started sparring with an MP40 and a Famas.
    You don't really need a big weapon to be good, even with my Shipka, Socom and Morano Thompson, I still love using my Famas because of how steady it is and how comfortable I feel with it.

Spread is good, but in large amounts, it won't function as well as you really wish it would.
    I bought the Famas last year with the intention of looking for a poor man's M4, which is pretty much what it is. It's just automatic, but when you tap it, it works much better.

I suggest you upgrade your arsenal before trying to beef up in PvP. I also highly recommend that you start sparring in the Multiplex, that's really how I did it and I did surprisingly well. I did a bunch of practice spar, however.

If anything, I highly recommend setting aside some time for an MP40, I won my first 100 spars with it and it's a lot of fun to start with. Everything else just comes with time, mate.