Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Better Next Year

This year sucked. Wait, there was a quest right?

Yep the time for opening presents should be fair for all the players

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

make it less rng based

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    This year sucked. Wait, there was a quest right?
    The Ice Maze was okay.

But that's not the important part; whoever thought of the Graal Grinch is a true genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    The Ice Maze was okay.

But that's not the important part; whoever thought of the Graal Grinch is a true genius.
    Killing an admin isn’t a new idea

There was a quest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Killing an admin isn’t a new idea
    Obviously not that part.
    The pure ideology behind a 'Graal Grinch' is creative, I think it's really cool.
    I was talking about the Graal Grinch in itself, not the event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhunt3r101 View Post
    There was a quest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I believe the Ice Maze is considered to be a quest, due to having to find the Ice Rock and trying to get through the challenges to get the Ice Hammer.

There is no fair way to do the exotic coin release aside from as soon as presents go live. Yes it's inconvenient for some, but it's still doable if they really want to. I know considering the presents are at 3am for me which is probably one of the worst timezones out there.

If you release it periodically then it just means that the ituners who buy 1000 presents will be more likely to win, because they'll still be opening their presents whilst everyone else with smaller amounts of presents have already opened theirs and wasted their chances.
    Whilst yes it's inconvenient, it at least means since they're all found within the first 30minutes, it means it goes to a variety of people as everyone is opening them at the same time which means even if you have 1000 presents, you aren't going to be able to open all those presents within that 30 minute time-frame, so it's fairly even as to the majority of people with a decent amount of presents (at least 100) of being able to win it.

The whole point of the exotic coin was a completely random item that a new/poorer play could potentially win/ sell to boost their graal experience. I don't want it to just reward the people who swap presents with themselves and just see the rich get another rare item to sit in their inventory with the rest of their rare stuff, or sell it to become even more rich.
    This and other approaches to the system has been discussed before among staff, and there just isn't really any way of doing the coin release that doesn't give one party an advantage over everyone else.

Only solution I see is to make the present opening more apparent (with a countdown) and make it slightly earlier so it isn't as bad for non-american timezones

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    There is no fair way to do the exotic coin release aside from as soon as presents go live. Yes it's inconvenient for some, but it's still doable if they really want to. I know considering the presents are at 3am for me which is probably one of the worst timezones out there.

If you release it periodically then it just means that the itunes who buy 1000 presents will be more likely to win, because they'll still be opening their presents whilst everyone else with smaller amounts of presents have already opened theirs and wasted their chances.
    Whilst yes it's inconvenient, it at least means since they're all found within the first 30minutes, it means it goes to a variety of people as everyone is opening them at the same time which means even if you have 1000 presents, you aren't going to be able to open all those presents within that 30 minute time-frame, so it's fairly even as to the majority of people with a decent amount of presents (at least 100) of being able to win it.

The whole point of the exotic coin was a completely random item that a new play could potentially win/ sell to boost their experience. I don't want it to just reward the people who swap presents with themselves and just see the rich get another rare item to sit in their inventory with the rest of their rare stuff, or sell it to become even more rich.
    The system has been discussed before, and there just isn't really any way of doing the coin release that doesn't give ituners an advantage over everyone else.
    Speaking of, where are the new Exotics?

That system seems slightly functional, I see how it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    Speaking of, where are the new Exotics?

That system seems slightly functional, I see how it makes sense.
    Not coming out for awhile, want people to have a chance to trade the coins/ speculate first