Thread: What do you guys think of Linux?

What do you guys think of Linux?

What do you guys think of Linux OS.

I've used Windows for a long time in my life.

IMO Windows recent updates has left a lot asking in times past.

More & more pushy more & more spying more & more ads more & more expensive has undoubtedly given PC users something more to consider when making OS choices.

I've never been a fan of Windows OS updates because I never really liked learning a new UI as well as it not being as intuitive as it could & should be.

& the straw that broke the camels back undoubtedly was when my PC forcefully upgrade my PC to Windows 10 WITHOUT my permission!

Microsoft has gone crazy: Windows 10 is now a recommended update for all Windows 7/8.1 users unless you're running their Enterprise versions. That means your computer will automatically update to Windows 10 unless you either disable the Windows Update service completely or set Windows updates to the manual mode.
    In May 2016 Microsoft started deceptively updating users' PCs to Windows 10 regardless of your Automatic Windows Updates settings or the way you interact with the GWX application.
    Windows 10 spies on you and even more so on your children aka phones home (welcome NSA/CIA/thoughtcrime/1984)! Microsoft added spying features to Windows 7/8.1 as well (more general list). Microsoft officially admits that automatic spying cannot be disabled in Windows 10.
    The official Microsoft guide on Windows 10 telemetry settings contains this beautiful tidbit: "Ability to gather user content, such as documents, if they might have been the trigger for the issue". Now, Microsoft states that user files can be requested only on the "Full" level of telemetry, however you need to bear in mind that this feature is built-in, it's remotely triggered, and it can be used to get any of your data any time they want.
    In April 2017 Microsoft published a list of things it's collecting from your PC at the basic telemetry setting (Web Archive copy).
    THIS IS PC RAPE!

I've now made my leap to KALI LINUX & theres no looking back.

The quotes are from:
    https://itvision.altervista.org/why-...-10-sucks.html

Read it highly recommended & F*ck Windows!

Acronyms
    OS- Operating System
    UI- User Interface

Well, linux is a good OS, its alllows custom OS. But not all the things you love are available to linux, some games and some programs arent available to linux, so therefore, windows is what you should be on

Any particular reason you're using Kali as your main OS over another distro?

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Any particular reason you're using Kali as your main OS over another distro?
    or Ubuntu