Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To 2018

Zany

To 2018

2017 left a lot to be desired. And yet through bittersweet times we are still alive.
    As we enter 2018, we all likely have wishes and hopes for a future, both for better and for worse.
    Although these subsequent desires are each to their own, we all want one thing - resolve; in one way or another.

Universally, we can all acknowledge the fact (although it's a fact that every year is subjected to) that 2017 could have been better.

As for 2018, I hope for so, so many things for so many people. For my peers, my loved ones, for people I have never met, and those whom I'll never meet.
    Those who don't deserve the treatment they receive, those who sit in silence; fear gripping their minds and hatred choking their hearts.
    Those who are broken and don't know where their pieces went. Those who think they're gone, those who know what to do and those who don't.
    Those who want change, but don't know how to get it. Those who are sick of oppression, and only want hope.

To the hopeless, this seems beyond reality. As how could a single individual try (whether tangibly or spiritually) on behalf of strangers.
    Some strangers that are viewed by others as undeserving of such things. Unfortunate that it's not more than just specific people working for the common good.
    To the ignorant, there's nothing wrong in this world, or at least in their world. So long as nothing affects THEM, they don't have anything to fight for.
    To the scared, they don't know where to start. Fear is the most powerful weapon. It's grip is not one to release without a fight.

In Yemen, a civil war continues as it has since 2015. Children and woman are in grave danger as a result.
    In Iran protests continue to become deadly. In Egypt, 9 were killed at a church.
    North Korea continues to make serious threats of nuclear bombing towards America.
    Over 1,000 terror attacks throughout the world in 2017, much of which are not new to many countries, and many of which never making news.

Yet, 2017 proved to be an incredible year in other aspects.

LGBTQ+ community has never had more support, and Australia officially legalized same-sex marriage early December.
    Despite continual political and viewpoint friction between the citizens of the United States, these divisions have also brought more people together.
    Marches and peaceful protests happened worldwide throughout 2017, in a search for justice in everything from political unrest to immigrants' rights or to womens' rights to LGBT rights to racial rights.

Diversity has never pushed through the tightly bonded seams of tradition so hard before, and it's beautiful to watch.

We're all human. Humans are naturally selfish, stubborn individuals. Instinct and following the pack come naturally to us just as any other animal. This, that many people see as our biggest flaw, can also be used as an advantage. As long as we keep pushing for others to be on specific sides, as long as we insist that one side is right and everyone else is wrong, as long as we let ignorance drive us and we put walls up to avoid what we see as inferior, of course there won't be resolve.

We need to thrive on each other. We need to listen with more than the surface. We need to understand the origin of others' opinions, and find compromise. With millions of people in this world, it won't solve world peace. But doing this in general, to all, and passing this down to our future generations, will make a bigger change than you (and I) can comprehend. With political standpoints, when you disagree with every thing a person says - you don't have to change your mind, but open it. The other side isn't wrong because they disagree with you. You may think they're wrong, they probably think you're wrong, you both may have your reasons.

The human race isn't born hating others.
    It's not born running away from those who are different in skin color.
    Or criticizing those who decided on a different sexual orientation.
    It's not born fearing those who act and look differently.
    Or being closed minded.

No, that comes from the influence of environment, what they learn, what they adapt to, what they're taught from the day they comprehend.
    Our children are our future. They won't be perfect little precious children who don't do anything wrong because they come from your blood, no matter how much you want to think so. But we NEED to teach them what life is truly about. Not who's right or wrong. Not who deserves what. But it's about understanding each other. Learning to adapt, and overcome.
    But that's the beauty of life; we make mistakes. The point is to learn. That's what the world hopes will happen. Without mistakes, we can't acknowledge and comprehend. Without dislike, we wouldn't know what love is. Without problems, we wouldn't know what life really is. We NEED challenges thrown at us, us curious, frustrated yet determined humans.

As 2018 begins, my hope is for the diverse to keep pushing. The ignorant to open their windows and let some air in. That we keep on learning from what we've done in 2017, and push for our next generations who need us now. We need to raise our voices for the voiceless.

I love you all, sorry for the essay. I felt this in my heart, and I wanted to share it the only way I really can.
    May your 2018 be filled with blessings and bumps in the road, for yourself and everyone you love.

Zany, I feel that I should point out that only a number changed...

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be rude or anything but...

- - - Updated - - -

It's only a number....
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Zany, I feel that I should point out that only a number changed...

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be rude or anything but...

- - - Updated - - -

It's only a number....
    seems like the whole point of the post went over your head completely

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    i don't understand what you mean, a number changed?
    2017 -> 2018

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    2017 -> 2018
    I realized what you meant and changed my post. Don't drag the post off topic, and I think it's more than apparent the idea behind the post wasn't just "happy new year".

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    I realized what you meant and changed my post. Don't drag the post off topic, and I think it's more than apparent the idea behind the post wasn't just "happy new year".
    I'll be quiet now...

Ali's right, age is just a number.
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    Ali's right, age is just a number.
    ... and that changing it won't change anything

(Unless u said #Y2K, then that'd change a lot of things)

Nothing’s going to change

- - - Updated - - -

Besides my grades

idk what this is
    2017 was terrible for me. But hey I have 70 more years..