Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Server

New Server

Enough said. We need a new server. The fact that we are using the same server as when the game first came out like 6 years ago and the average player count was 150. Player count has risen just a bit since then, only like 3000 people now. Along with all the extra people comes spammy guns, extra activity, and chat spam leading to an overtax of the server. Christmas day was particularly awful. The player count was up to 4500 and the lag was unreal. Staff were trying to host events and could hardly manage with all the lag. Seeing how in the past 6 years the player count has gone up so much, I'm assuming it is going to continue to rise which means we will need a new server eventually anyway. May as well just get it now. Tell unixmad to deal with it, sometimes you have to invest money to make money.

Yea not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    Enough said. We need a new server. The fact that we are using the same server as when the game first came out like 6 years ago and the average player count was 150. Player count has risen just a bit since then, only like 3000 people now. Along with all the extra people comes spammy guns, extra activity, and chat spam leading to an overtax of the server. Christmas day was particularly awful. The player count was up to 4500 and the lag was unreal. Staff were trying to host events and could hardly manage with all the lag. Seeing how in the past 6 years the player count has gone up so much, I'm assuming it is going to continue to rise which means we will need a new server eventually anyway. May as well just get it now. Tell unixmad to deal with it, sometimes you have to invest money to make money.
    Uximad doesn't care about the server. He makes 1 m a year off of Graal. If he wanted to update the server, he would have done it a loooong time ago
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

As long as the current server is running and there aren’t any serious issues, it probably won’t happen.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    As long as the current server is running and there aren’t any serious issues, it probably won’t happen.
    Something tells me if Era crashes, Uximad still won't care lol

He'll update the server when it crashes and won't work again. Actually, like Zernov said, while it still working he won't update it

I doubt Era will ever have a brand new updated server. The best we can hope for would just be improvements to the current server.

Not going to happen.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    He'll update the server when it crashes and won't work again. Actually, like Zernov said, while it still working he won't update it
    Lol rip thst sad truth

Can someone attack the server or smth like that so we can get a new one