Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Refunding My Echidna Head.

Banned

Refunding My Echidna Head.

So basically Ive uploaded this Ugandan Echidna Head several times. I was told by SEVERAL staff that it was legal, yet it still keeps getting refunded. Before you comment that its copyright infringement or a meme head, just so you know the head is based off of a DEVIANTART original character thats based off knuckles from sonic. Because of the fact the character is original and from a third party, it TECHNICALLY is not illegal. Its an unlicensed and unprotected character that as I said, is from a drawing. If you are going to allow STAFF as well as OTHER players to have such a head, I should be given the same treatment.

If the head is illegal (which by this point as I stated isnt),STAFF should not be allowed to wear it freely. Im kind of sick and tired of these biased and unclear upload rules.

I uploaded the same head as XR not only once but twice, and both times they were allowed by different staff members. The only reason why i dont still have them is because i was just testing them on before i gave another staff an edited version of it, so i personally refunded them.

Yes, the character has been popularized lately, but that doesnt change the fact that:
    1. It is not a direct copy of the original character owned by SEGA.
    2. It is an original recreation of a copyrighted element, thus it cant have a copyright since it is not the copyrighted element itself.
    3. It surged from DeviantArt, "The World's Largest Art Gallery In Your Hand" as described by the website masters themselves. Which is basically an image sharing community for content creators.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

please show a screenshot or something of the head
    Hai C:

Could you show us the head file?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Yea pretty upset and curious as to why mine got refunded, its a head from classic created by GKM, so no we didnt make it. It isnt even copyright, as explained by iMagic, and last time I checked animals were allowed as customs. An echidna is a real animal, and the colour should not matter. I mean tbh theres pink Care Bears in the game

Banned

This is the head, as stated before by XR and iMagicBae, the head is DIRECTLY INSPIRED by the DEVIANTART image, that is not LICENSED or COPYRIGHTED. Whats more, because of the stupidity and lack of clarity that is the upload rules, people are unable to express their artistic creativity because of the way in which uploads are handled.

This was the original artwork and character created by GregZilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasim View Post

This is the head, as stated before by XR and iMagicBae, the head is DIRECTLY INSPIRED by the DEVIANTART image, that is not LICENSED or COPYRIGHTED. Whats more, because of the stupidity and lack of clarity that is the upload rules, people are unable to express their artistic creativity because of the way in which uploads are handled.

This was the original artwork and character created by GregZilla.
    He looks too much like Knuckles

Well it's a character from another game and also neither human or animal.
    Pretty disappointing to hear that a staff member was wearing that upload
    Hai C:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    He looks too much like Knuckles
    regardless of what he looks like, HE isn't knuckles, which is why it SHOULD be legal. I don't see any fat echidnas in any of SEGA's series.

Plot twist: the staff was Mikel