Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complex request

Complex request

I made a thread like this and the idea got stolen and not even applied in the proper way. Way before complex had a ping-limited room i requested that the idea would be applied to complex for various reasons.
    1. Given the variety of the guns that can be used in complex, a good connection can be the deciding factor between a skillful player and an abusive gun.
    2. No attention is ever payed to complex, the genesis of all sparring. The only changes ive seen done to it is repositioning of rooms and other esthetic changes that dont affect nor improve the sparring experience.
    3. "It's neither of our faults". Yes, i understand that bad connection is the inevitable result of having international servers, and that foreign players are not lagging on purpose (VPN users aside), however that didnt stop you from liberating Multiplex from this burden.
    It is not fair that US players have to suffer, struggle, predict and overcome other players because they cant acknowledge their bad connection and stop sparring. Moreover you guys came up with a solution (ping-limited rooms) and are not willing to apply it where it matters the most.
    Switching to multiplex is not a solution for me. All my stats are invested in complex and that is not going to change.
    And no, im not pissed nor am i just raging over this, i've dealt with this problem literally the 49,000 times that my character has stepped in that arena. However it is horrible for new sparrers to have to deal with this granted they dont have the guns and the experience i have, to deal with the problem in a more personal manner.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

I have dealt with some players that don’t appear to be lagging, but don’t take damage unless you fully rush them and use half your clip on them with only 1 bullet actually doing any damage. This is referred to as eating or as some people like to call it, “dodging on my screen.” The problem with that is if I use a Melee or explosive gun it does damage to them on my screen so that means the game registers the players location on my screen and deals the damage but why isn’t this the case with bullets? When people lag in place you need to Melee then so what I’m asking is why can’t the same thing that’s allowing melees and explosive guns to deal damage to high ping users be put into bullets. This would provide a solution to any ping related issue within the game and prevent players from abusing delay or lag to their advantage.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    It's a huge frustration, even if you do have good latency, it can be a good thing sometimes.
    The server has practical epilepsy a lot, but it's far, far less from what it was in 2016, at least it's mildly playable now.

I live in West Texas and my latency never falls below 150-ish for the most part (but I had to buy a better wifi package, which wasn't an issue).

The worst part of it is when the server actually runs well and then lags up or just crashes.

I hate when I'm basing and the opposing gang rushes the flag, but they don't take damage and manage to lower the HP of the flag, which makes it easier to take.

And those people that say 'op lag', lol.

Manager
    If you want a ping limited room that's something that i can look into adding, i'll try making one right now and see if it works haha.

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    If you want a ping limited room that's something that i can look into adding, i'll try making one right now and see if it works haha.
    What’s the maximum ping

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    What’s the maximum ping
    The maximum ping in the MPX Ping room is 350, so i'm just going to make this room 350 also and see if it's suitable.

Manager
    Alright made it - Just waiting for permission to move it to main.

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    The maximum ping in the MPX Ping room is 350, so i'm just going to make this room 350 also and see if it's suitable.
    No, haha. The people who lag are usually under 350 and above 200. Make it 200 maximum so it can actually serve a good purpose.

Last edited by iMagicBae; 01-26-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    No lmaom the people who lag are usually under 350 and above 200. Make it 200 maximum so it can actually serve a good purpose.

Nah, you're not taking ping spikes into account. It'll be 350 for now, and i may change it in future. Sparring laggers with consistent ping is easy, it's the ones that have ping spikes (and as a result teleport and bullet wall) that are annoying. Also if someone has a ping between 200 and 350, it's pretty likely that while sparring it may jump above 350 (small amounts of latency are pretty common), hence it won't be as much of an issue as you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    No lmaom the people who lag are usually under 350 and above 200. Make it 200 maximum so it can actually serve a good purpose.

Again, another thing that would benefit players who live in the US