Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Obs free skin

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchrevolution View Post
    What has Era become?

This is disgusting, that staff actually spy on people outside of graal to have a reason to jail someone. Have you guys done background checks on him as well?

It won?t surprise me if the game gets taken off the appstore sooner or later. The stuff that has been going on is very shady.
    Staff don't 'spy' on him. We were contacted by players ingame who provided links/ screenshots which we then checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Who are you to say i wasn't joking? I already knew staff were in my stream (As you were again tonight, lurking like a clown ��). I can talk however I would like in my stream, if you take it the wrong way that is on you. "If he wants to donate me a tier 3 for free and be a nice guy who's to stop me from being a nice guy and giving him a free skin" seems you are trying to find anything you can as an excuse. You are not a regular viewer of mine and have no clue of all the inside jokes we have. So please, what other proof do you have? None, which means staff acted incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you think you have some top secret spies finding information on me which I find hilarious. You only know about me "selling my account" because I trolled about it on stream. Once again showing you have no idea what you are doing. It is okay though, era staff will always justify their mistakes.
    Never been in or watched your stream other than to check your past broadcast to see if your claim was true. Never lurked or watched your real-time stream.

As I said there were multiple instances. You can deny it all you want it's extremely obvious by the way you say it that it is not a joke. You're just trying to play it off as one because it's all you have after being caught out. Don't know how someone can donate $24.99 for free. Doesn't exactly seem free if he's paying you 24.99, and receiving something in return, doesn't work like that, and isn't an exemption from punishment. People have tried that on Runescape where they also have a RWT problem, by streaming gambling events/ accepting twitch donations for items and their accounts were permanently banned.

Like I said I don't watch your livestream, I was referring to a different source that I got for you trying to sell your account, interesting to hear you're "joking" about it on your livestream aswell hoping somebody might donate you money for your account "as a joke". Either way, future warning for anyone even considering buying his account that as soon as his accounts IP changes, it'll be tracked and if it's someone other than himself it'll be reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention Worldwide (Darkside) got a 14 hour jail for USD with concrete proof (his status). I get jailed for 10x the hours and my skins made public with no proof. That tells you something about era staff.
    Depends on what the USD is of and his previous warnings. If he was selling items then the items should have also been removed, if it was his gunskin then the same will happen to him although I haven't heard of it if it was.

I wanna watch the video what's your twitch

Quote Originally Posted by keerzee View Post
    They have your IP... I doubt it's said anywhere on the forums about what private data it collects but your IP, is something that they have.
    LOL I don't use wifi I use data so it's kinda stupid

It is when you get jailed for 180 hours and that "skin" took you 35,000 hours of basing. Bitz couldn't even reach 500, that is why he is irrelevant here, same with all the staff.

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 I get perma banned for calling era staff **** on my stream, keep lurking ��
    You didn't get 35,000 hours, your gang did. You should be apologising to those members for taking advantage of their time and effort by trying to make a few hundred off selling their skin instead of crying abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I'll just leave it at this;

I wasn't involved with actually taking action against Duke so whilst I don't actually agree with the length of his jail time- (that being said I don't know what the standard USD jail times are) and whilst yes I agree it sucks for the gang members, ultimately the severity of the punishment is necessary in order to create some way of preventing this from happening again in the future.

USDing has always been an issue, staff are WELL aware of when it happens, and it's pretty obvious to see. Just nothing can really be done about it (despite us wanting to) as most of the 'transactions' occur off Graal, and evidence such as Kik conversations isn't really good enough to take action against most of the time as a result of it being so easy to photoshop/ fake.

Duke can deny that he was selling it and say that he was 'joking' and we can go around in circles, but as he said his clips are still public so go look at them for yourselves. There are multiple parts throughout his stream where he said that "if a player donated him a tier 3 sub, costing $24.99, then he would donate them a skin". Substituting the word sell/ give for donate is not a loop hole that allows you to USD. He isn't a charity, and he wasn't joking. I went back and watched through his stream (and the clips in their entirety several minutes before and after so see if there were any indications that him saying that was a joke) after seeing him claim the clips were taken out of context to see if that was the case. No time in the 2-3 separate instances did he say/ sound like he was joking. He was asked by multiple DIFFERENT players at different points throughout the stream and each time he told them if they donated tier 3 he would give them the skin. One instance a player asked him about donating 4.99 to which duke responded along the lines of that being a tier 1 sub, and that it would have to be a tier 3 if they wanted to get the skin. A pretty specific statement to make for just a joke.

As for anyone being able to grab the skin- I actually don't like it myself purely for the aesthetical reason that I think it looks dumb how there are a few hundred players running around with a purple and black scifi looking gun, that doesn't even visually represent the gun it is meant to be (actually thought it was a BAR skin the first time I saw it). But as said earlier the only other alternatives are removing it from everyone, as if Duke gets unjailed then he'd probably just try sell it again, or whoever took over his gang would try do the same if he doesn't return. Didn't actually expect that we'd ever even be able to enforce the rule against USDers because of how hard it is to physically prove it, however I would hope this happening sends a message to other gangs who have been/ are planning to USD not to do the same now that they know that we will not hold back on enforcing it. I think the main reason most people are using the skin is purely because they like/ dislike Obsidian and because it's something new, so people will probably go back to the default skin after awhile. If not i'll probably eventually remove access to the skin, and just make a new Metalstorm skin to hopefully convince some of those people to stop using it.

I personally think if the jail time is higher than standard USD jail times it should be reduced, but as a warning to Duke, we are aware that you're trying to sell your account so as a warning for anyone trying to buy it, the account will be monitored and if we see any changes in IP/ etc then your money will be wasted as the account will just be reset, and it certainly doesn't help the possibility of you getting unjailed/ a shortened sentence if you continue to try do it.
    That's basically how Twitch works...you can sub to a streamer if you wish to support him or sub to him to get some advantages.

If we take ErycTriceps who has about 6k viewers, he has a subcount that once reached he gives away a gun skin, that's basically the same as what Duke did. If you sub to him with a T2 sub you also get the advantage to join on his private server, that's not USD'ing. When people ask him what they need to do to get that well he just replies that it'll have to be a T2 sub in order to get it. That's basically what Duke did.

"What do I need to do to get Obs skin?" You need to T3 sub.

Not trying to defend anyone here, or say he actually did. Just stating that this is what all streamers do.

Edit: is Duke even a Twtich partner ? He can't have people sub to him if he isn't.
    If he isn't then that just shows he was joking as he can't even get the money, and that staffs judged the situation way too quickly.

Banned
    Staff don't 'spy' on him. We were contacted by players ingame who provided links/ screenshots which we then checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Never been in or watched your stream other than to check your past broadcast to see if your claim was true. Never lurked or watched your real-time stream.

As I said there were multiple instances. You can deny it all you want it's extremely obvious by the way you say it that it is not a joke. You're just trying to play it off as one because it's all you have after being caught out. Don't know how someone can donate $24.99 for free. Doesn't exactly seem free if he's paying you 24.99, and receiving something in return, doesn't work like that, and isn't an exemption from punishment. People have tried that on Runescape where they also have a RWT problem, by streaming gambling events/ accepting twitch donations for items and their accounts were permanently banned.

Like I said I don't watch your livestream, I was referring to a different source that I got for you trying to sell your account, interesting to hear you're "joking" about it on your livestream aswell hoping somebody might donate you money for your account "as a joke". Either way, future warning for anyone even considering buying his account that as soon as his accounts IP changes, it'll be tracked and if it's someone other than himself it'll be reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on what the USD is of and his previous warnings. If he was selling items then the items should have also been removed, if it was his gunskin then the same will happen to him although I haven't heard of it if it was.
    You are simply clueless, Twitch is revolved around "someone donating $24.99 for free". I can provide all my sub/donation logs from TwitchAlerts to prove you wrong. I recieved donations/subs much before I had the metal skin. It would be pointless thoughas you would still not admit you were wrong. Clip one time in any of my streams where someone bought a skin, oh wait you cant.

Also why are you lieng about lurking in my channel, you and Grief were in it. Also sounds good if my ip ever changes I will be reset, thats a great idea. Remind me to never login to era unless Im at my house.

- - - Updated - - -

But if I can get a high staff with a brain that actually replies with any sort of decency then I would be glad to show you every donation/sub log in for the past month then you can think of your next excuse.

The thing is, we just gotta accept what era became. One big corrupt mess where some staff members add spar wins to their ios accounts and get away with it. Oh I totally forgot you?re not allowed to speak about some staff members, if you do so you?ll get insta jailed.

I mean even if duke USD?d, btw I find the term ?USDING? childish and such a stupid term. Anyways if he did he shouldve just gotten the jailtime. But clearly you guys couldn?t leave it like that, you had to make the skin free as well to set an ?example?. What example? people been ?USDING? in this game for ages.

The excuses the staff make up are pathetic and childish. But hey who cares right? thats what you get if over 80% of the staff team is underage.

You didn't get 35,000 hours, your gang did. You should be apologising to those members for taking advantage of their time and effort by trying to make a few hundred off selling their skin instead of crying abuse.
    Duke lead them to 35,000; Therefore, got them 35,000. MAY have not been online ALL the time but the majority of it he was.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchrevolution View Post
    The thing is, we just gotta accept what era became. One big corrupt mess where some staff members add spar wins to their ios accounts and get away with it. Oh I totally forgot you?re not allowed to speak about some staff members, if you do so you?ll get insta jailed.

I mean even if duke USD?d, btw I find the term ?USDING? childish and such a stupid term. Anyways if he did he shouldve just gotten the jailtime. But clearly you guys couldn?t leave it like that, you had to make the skin free as well to set an ?example?. What example? people been ?USDING? in this game for ages.

The excuses the staff make up are pathetic and childish. But hey who cares right? thats what you get if over 80% of the staff team is underage.
    They always have been corrupted