Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Obs free skin

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    USDing is not a joke, and you were chatting in game. It is different from voice chatting some vulgarity, everyone curse in real life but it is not allowed in game.
    To be fair USD is very common, many traders have been jailed for it and there are constant "kik me (username) about items" it is because they want to sell items for USD. This is why I think Dukes jailing and skin giveaway is wrong, you cant just give away somebodies skin and enforce a much larger jail when the USD jail is the same for everyone. There is 1 option, which is USD, differences of "selling for skins" is not a variant of USD. It is simply USD, hence why his jail should be a normal USD one with the normal hours.

My solution is look at the proof being provided, which is the stream, doesnt matter if he is joking or not, if there is no physical evidence of him doing it, he shouldnt be punished. Im not saying the staff was wrong In this, but it should be reviewed.
    yo

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    I mean if he is using vulgar language in game. If he is just talking in the stream we can't do anything about it.

LOL make me famous bud.
    This'll probably be the only time I'll point this out, but do you ever just read what you write before you send it or do you just clack your fingers across the keyboard and click enter?

You can't solve issues by making smart-*** remarks such as 'LOL make me famous bud'. You're a grown man that is looked up to by players in this game. Grow up and start acting like one.

Honestly, I respect that you're an SPR that has an important job in game and on the forums, but you seriously need to stop aggravating things.
    Not only is it just plain rude, it's immature, should know better.
    Just do it the BitzSam way and stop answering at some point. Seems to work pretty well even though it makes people angrier.

Things like that just cause more issues than solving anything.
    Sure, let's just trust bias opinions of people who didn't follow the rules Lmao...

I'll just leave it at this;

I wasn't involved with actually taking action against Duke so whilst I don't actually agree with the length of his jail time- (that being said I don't know what the standard USD jail times are) and whilst yes I agree it sucks for the gang members, ultimately the severity of the punishment is necessary in order to create some way of preventing this from happening again in the future.

USDing has always been an issue, staff are WELL aware of when it happens, and it's pretty obvious to see. Just nothing can really be done about it (despite us wanting to) as most of the 'transactions' occur off Graal, and evidence such as Kik conversations isn't really good enough to take action against most of the time as a result of it being so easy to photoshop/ fake.

Duke can deny that he was selling it and say that he was 'joking' and we can go around in circles, but as he said his clips are still public so go look at them for yourselves. There are multiple parts throughout his stream where he said that "if a player donated him a tier 3 sub, costing $24.99, then he would donate them a skin". Substituting the word sell/ give for donate is not a loop hole that allows you to USD. He isn't a charity, and he wasn't joking. I went back and watched through his stream (and the clips in their entirety several minutes before and after so see if there were any indications that him saying that was a joke) after seeing him claim the clips were taken out of context to see if that was the case. No time in the 2-3 separate instances did he say/ sound like he was joking. He was asked by multiple DIFFERENT players at different points throughout the stream and each time he told them if they donated tier 3 he would give them the skin. One instance a player asked him about donating 4.99 to which duke responded along the lines of that being a tier 1 sub, and that it would have to be a tier 3 if they wanted to get the skin. A pretty specific statement to make for just a joke.

As for anyone being able to grab the skin- I actually don't like it myself purely for the aesthetical reason that I think it looks dumb how there are a few hundred players running around with a purple and black scifi looking gun, that doesn't even visually represent the gun it is meant to be (actually thought it was a BAR skin the first time I saw it). But as said earlier the only other alternatives are removing it from everyone, as if Duke gets unjailed then he'd probably just try sell it again, or whoever took over his gang would try do the same if he doesn't return. Didn't actually expect that we'd ever even be able to enforce the rule against USDers because of how hard it is to physically prove it, however I would hope this happening sends a message to other gangs who have been/ are planning to USD not to do the same now that they know that we will not hold back on enforcing it. I think the main reason most people are using the skin is purely because they like/ dislike Obsidian and because it's something new, so people will probably go back to the default skin after awhile. If not i'll probably eventually remove access to the skin, and just make a new Metalstorm skin to hopefully convince some of those people to stop using it.

I personally think if the jail time is higher than standard USD jail times it should be reduced, but as a warning to Duke, we are aware that you're trying to sell your account so as a warning for anyone trying to buy it, the account will be monitored and if we see any changes in IP/ etc then your money will be wasted as the account will just be reset, and it certainly doesn't help the possibility of you getting unjailed/ a shortened sentence if you continue to try do it.

can u guys also punish traders that usd more severely? all they receive is jailtime. The item they were usding should be removed from their account.

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    can u guys also punish traders that usd more severely? all they receive is jailtime. The item they were usding should be removed from their account.
    Anyone caught USDing will be punished if there is good enough evidence to proof it. I had always thought the USD punishment was the removal of the items/ a reset in the past but if that's not the case anymore then you'll have to ask a PR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I'll just leave it at this;

I wasn't involved with actually taking action against Duke so whilst I don't actually agree with the length of his jail time- (that being said I don't know what the standard USD jail times are) and whilst yes I agree it sucks for the gang members, ultimately the severity of the punishment is necessary in order to create some way of preventing this from happening again in the future.

USDing has always been an issue, staff are WELL aware of when it happens, and it's pretty obvious to see. Just nothing can really be done about it (despite us wanting to) as most of the 'transactions' occur off Graal, and evidence such as Kik conversations isn't really good enough to take action against most of the time as a result of it being so easy to photoshop/ fake.

Duke can deny that he was selling it and say that he was 'joking' and we can go around in circles, but as he said his clips are still public so go look at them for yourselves. There are multiple parts throughout his stream where he said that "if a player donated him a tier 3 sub, costing $24.99, then he would donate them a skin". Substituting the word sell/ give for donate is not a loop hole that allows you to USD. He isn't a charity, and he wasn't joking. I went back and watched through his stream (and the clips in their entirety several minutes before and after so see if there were any indications that him saying that was a joke) after seeing him claim the clips were taken out of context to see if that was the case. No time in the 2-3 separate instances did he say/ sound like he was joking. He was asked by multiple DIFFERENT players at different points throughout the stream and each time he told them if they donated tier 3 he would give them the skin. One instance a player asked him about donating 4.99 to which duke responded along the lines of that being a tier 1 sub, and that it would have to be a tier 3 if they wanted to get the skin. A pretty specific statement to make for just a joke.

As for anyone being able to grab the skin- I actually don't like it myself purely for the aesthetical reason that I think it looks dumb how there are a few hundred players running around with a purple and black scifi looking gun, that doesn't even visually represent the gun it is meant to be (actually thought it was a BAR skin the first time I saw it). But as said earlier the only other alternatives are removing it from everyone, as if Duke gets unjailed then he'd probably just try sell it again, or whoever took over his gang would try do the same if he doesn't return. Didn't actually expect that we'd ever even be able to enforce the rule against USDers because of how hard it is to physically prove it, however I would hope this happening sends a message to other gangs who have been/ are planning to USD not to do the same now that they know that we will not hold back on enforcing it. I think the main reason most people are using the skin is purely because they like/ dislike Obsidian and because it's something new, so people will probably go back to the default skin after awhile. If not i'll probably eventually remove access to the skin, and just make a new Metalstorm skin to hopefully convince some of those people to stop using it.

I personally think if the jail time is higher than standard USD jail times it should be reduced, but as a warning to Duke, we are aware that you're trying to sell your account so as a warning for anyone trying to buy it, the account will be monitored and if we see any changes in IP/ etc then your money will be wasted as the account will just be reset, and it certainly doesn't help the possibility of you getting unjailed/ a shortened sentence if you continue to try do it.
    Who are you to say i wasn't joking? I already knew staff were in my stream (As you were again tonight, lurking like a clown &#128514. I can talk however I would like in my stream, if you take it the wrong way that is on you. "If he wants to donate me a tier 3 for free and be a nice guy who's to stop me from being a nice guy and giving him a free skin" seems you are trying to find anything you can as an excuse. You are not a regular viewer of mine and have no clue of all the inside jokes we have. So please, what other proof do you have? None, which means staff acted incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you think you have some top secret spies finding information on me which I find hilarious. You only know about me "selling my account" because I trolled about it on stream. Once again showing you have no idea what you are doing. It is okay though, era staff will always justify their mistakes.

i mean its not really a big of a deal lmao the skin looks dumb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheStars View Post
    i mean its not really a big of a deal lmao the skin looks dumb
    It is when you get jailed for 180 hours and that "skin" took you 35,000 hours of basing. Bitz couldn't even reach 500, that is why he is irrelevant here, same with all the staff.

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 I get perma banned for calling era staff **** on my stream, keep lurking 😂

What has Era become?

This is disgusting, that staff actually spy on people outside of graal to have a reason to jail someone. Have you guys done background checks on him as well?

It won?t surprise me if the game gets taken off the appstore sooner or later. The stuff that has been going on is very shady.

Banned
    Not to mention Worldwide (Darkside) got a 14 hour jail for USD with concrete proof (his status). I get jailed for 10x the hours and my skins made public with no proof. That tells you something about era staff.