Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we address this?

Banned

Can we address this?

Greetings everyone, my post tonight is basically some constructive criticism in regards to the way the forums are run at the present. These forums are supposed to act as a way for individuals to interact and connect to on another, as well as voicing their opinions and beliefs on certain issues and things of the like. However more and more recently I've seen a crackdown on the content thats been posted, and quite frankly I think enough is enough. As stated before this forum was designed as a way for our thoughts and concerns/issues to be put on a platform for others to take notice of. While I don't condone toxicity, racism, and ill-intended posts, it's really become unfair that threads are being slapped down with an iron fist.

For example, one of the BIGGEST complaints I've seen on the forums and in-game is the very poor customer support system that we have in support.toonslab, so bad in fact its become a meme of it's own. Point being that the support is very poorly managed and run which results in people waiting days for a reply for something that could have been done in a few hours. Support systems are supposed to run effieciently and timely, so in all honesty there is no excuse as to why it takes this long.

Besides this fact, I've also come to notice the heavy handedness in-game staff have taken towards steering the posts in these forms, shutting them down with simple replies such as "not to be discussed here" or "go to toonslab support and submit a ticket". As I just covered the latter option really doesn't work, so where can we the players get the help we need when the structure we have in place fails to provide it? I'll be honest, there should be FORUM moderators who play the part of deciding what's allowed or not, not in-game staff. If staff are just going to moderate the forums the position really shouldn't exist. Also as I said, discussions should be allowed to be open here, this is the only place we can come together as a community and where staff can see our concerns and feelings, so instead of brutally shutting us down, why not open up to us and try to relate?

PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way marginalizing all staff and saying that all are guilty of this, what I am simply addressing is the disturbing mannerisms displayed by some of the staff that I have taken notice of.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    I'll give this thread 1 hour before it's closed and you're possibly banned.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Please submit a ticket or contact Tristan, one of our best staff members.

This is just not true. Homeless witch always gets back to me within 5 hours. They prioritise tickets. It would be fallacious to believe that no one replies or it the ticket system is defective. Of course nothing is perfect but I think the toonslab support is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Oldbie #Tetris4Life
    I know a lot (About iEra and more)- feel free to ask
    I know how to script (:- java, gs2, c++
    I have left sadly however I am contactable through:
    Di"s"co"rd: GTA Tetris#4587
    E-Mail: GTA.Tetris (at)hotmail(dot)com
    Kik: GTA123X
    Cannot contact me? Pm any Tetris member in the gang called Tetris

Banned
    The reason people are redirected to toonslab support is because normal in game staff do not have the power to resolve the issue. Only toonslab support has that authority, so you would have to go through them.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I don't know era anymore

Jeez... everyone's hopping aboard the "era sucks now" train as much as i hate being that guy we really shouldnt question everything staff does, I mean sure they've had a faulty system compared to the previous years but maintaining same server quality and efficiency is very difficult comparing the amount of players they've had before and with the small staff members they have (you can't blame them really on that one, almost all the possible and mature Era community members know it's not worth working for a server that only pays you in in-game currency while you actually put in work and effort into being an admin.)

We really need to be much more understanding, Pressure itself is hard to overcome and adding these additional opinions you guys have ain't gonna make it easier. We need to understand and accept what Era's about to become. Sure, we all want SNK back but how good was he really? Seems to me that a community see's a staff member as a "good" part of the team if they interact and give what players they actually want. Not that I hate snk (he's a great guy), but if you guys are seeing him as the "perfect" manager it would be extremely hard to surpass the standards snk has already set for homelesswitch.
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    The reason people are redirected to toonslab support is because normal in game staff do not have the power to resolve the issue. Only toonslab support has that authority, so you would have to go through them.
    the in game staff are the cause, of course they have the power to undo the cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    Jeez... everyone's hopping aboard the "era sucks now" train as much as i hate being that guy we really shouldnt question everything staff does, I mean sure they've had a faulty system compared to the previous years but maintaining same server quality and efficiency is very difficult comparing the amount of players they've had before and with the small staff members they have (you can't blame them really on that one, almost all the possible and mature Era community members know it's not worth working for a server that only pays you in in-game currency while you actually put in work and effort into being an admin.)

We really need to be much more understanding, Pressure itself is hard to overcome and adding these additional opinions you guys have ain't gonna make it easier. We need to understand and accept what Era's about to become. Sure, we all want SNK back but how good was he really? Seems to me that a community see's a staff member as a "good" part of the team if they interact and give what players they actually want. Not that I hate snk (he's a great guy), but if you guys are seeing him as the "perfect" manager it would be extremely hard to surpass the standards snk has already set for homelesswitch.
    The management got worse, bad apples are affecting the good ones.

Also we should understand that not all new admins would be as good as the old ones we've had in the past, we need to understand maturity in different age generations are very "unique" from one another. Don't be surprised if we get a jake pauler, fidget spinning, Tide capsule eating, and logan paul advocate as a staff. Any kid could be admin if they could construct a very mature looking application for pr postions.
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Zany
    Because no one likes reading my rants, I'll say a few brief points that need to be considered.

-There are two sides to everything. Each side has its wrongs, neither side is necessarily right.

-More things need to come into consideration. Leaving it at that.

-Times have changed. Old staff aren't here anymore. The player base has grown and have become more... diverse. The rules have adapted with the player base, and these staff are only trying to do their jobs (except in 5% of situations).

-Half the posts on the forums are complaints (i.e. the swear filter, VIP, lack of things in games, about what IS added in game, about staff, about bans, about graphics, etc.) not actual ideas and suggestions. And when there are ideas and suggestions, it's normal users that tend to say why they wouldn't work before staff come in and, as you say, "brutally shut" these ideas down.

-Also, news flash, staff are players too. They do relate to players. The swear filter is faulty for them too, rules apply to them too, they have problems with the game too. They are acutely freaking aware of every single thing players have to say about the game because they hear it every. single. day. Sick of hearing people think that staff live under a rock. These suggestions have been said numerous times before, staff already know about them, and when posts are made about them, it almost always involves bashing down the staff team in one way or another or causes toxicity without an actual suggestion to fix the situation.