Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moderators that can speak multiple languages?

Banned

Moderators that can speak multiple languages?

Hey all, so I was wondering whether or not the era-go site could hire some moderators that speak multiple languages for example: German, Spanish, or Dutch. This came to mind after the fact that someone made a post in German and one of the moderators as well as the people that answered the post replied in English, as if they expected the person to understand the answer. This is kind of important because there are many players outside of the United States that play Era and do not speak English. Why should these people not be allowed to post simply because you can't speak the language they do? The management should take these non-english speakers into account, otherwise you are doing a disservice to the community.

Thanks for your time

This is a good idea but its hard to come by people who can moderate and speak another language.

I dont see why we cant be more accomodating to people who dont speak english. google translate exists for a reason.
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    This is a good idea but its hard to come by people who can moderate and speak another language.

I dont see why we cant be more accomodating to people who dont speak english. google translate exists for a reason.
    Google translate isn't very good at translating some languages. For example, it messes up in grammar a lot in when translating to Arabic or Urdu.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Google translate isn't very good at translating some languages. For example, it messes up in grammar a lot in when translating to Arabic or Urdu.
    grammar isnt that important when it comes to understanding the meaning behind someones message
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    grammar isnt that important when it comes to understanding the meaning behind someones message
    Well in English, grammar can be a big key to understanding what they?re saying. Like aren?t you wanting to being very nicer to talking me. And yes I?ve seen people that actually talk like that.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s up with them question marks lol
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Google translate doesn't work every time. I've seen kids fail tests because of using Google translate, this is because the same word can mean like 2 other things in french. So I wouldn't rely on google translate because it may give you a whole new sentance that isn't right

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

I agree with this. Ive always been against that new rule and I’ve got maybe two warnings for posting in another language.

True it’s possible to understand the meaning behind the msg or you could simply message a PR ingame if it got confusing

- - - Updated - - -

It’s actually funny people who post in a foreign language don’t usually swear or break any rules they actually need help or asking a question

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Chikala

I highly doubt ANY of you even know what said word means and if any of you accurately translate, I'll give you 2k shells.

See the issue? I could go about the forums speaking in another language and it would be tough for anyone to even decipher whether I'm going against the rules or not.

If there are Moderators who thoroughly understand the language then it's all good? Idk.
    That's why it's recommended that all posts be made in English.

Although true, How are you going to reply to a German post in English? Smh
    I'd rather you reply in a broken Grammar Google translated version so that it conveys the point across.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Chikala

I highly doubt ANY of you even know what said word means and if any of you accurately translate, I'll give you 2k shells.

See the issue? I could go about the forums speaking in another language and it would be tough for anyone to even decipher whether I'm going against the rules or not.

If there are Moderators who thoroughly understand the language then it's all good? Idk.
    That's why it's recommended that all posts be made in English.

Although true, How are you going to reply to a German post in English? Smh
    I'd rather you reply in a broken Grammar Google translated version so that it conveys the point across.
    they just wanted a specific moderator for specific languages to have an easier communication process when non-english speakers have difficulty in expressing theirselves, they didn't ask for a translator lmao
    Last edited by Minho; 02-24-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

I Can speak Spanish English And japanese
    But i only use english in era
    the pain and the pleasure all come together , there's no reason why