Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Section of The Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    mi amigo no bueno ariba ariba vamanos (i learned that from dora)
    Estoy el mapa

eres feo (youre ugly)

I learned that using translator. It's easy to say and remember
    Hello, not sure how to upload a photo in my signature so
    Contact me in Graal,
    IGN: Drov. Castella
    Gangs: Castella, Eat Defeat, Ours

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    After this is legit I'm going to learn Spanish
    It won't happen.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEpicGen View Post
    I just learned that on the forums, it is against the rules to post in a language other than english. Since the forums are a main english forums, I feel like quite a bit of the playerbase is left out of the wonders that is our forums. Don't say that there's not many spanish speakers who play era, because I've seen plenty of them. Head to the southridge hospital or the beach house with the green notland hat in the shower and tell me how many spanish speakers you find.

I propose that a spanish section of the forums is implemented so we can attract more diversity to the forums. There won't be anything from the past translated from our english section, but instead, those who speak spanish and english (like a translation moderator for news & rules posts by admins) would translate threads as soon as possible and put them into the spanish section. It still separates them from the forums in a way, but this will enable people who speak spanish as their primary language can discuss topics and staff actions.

Now, I realize that this may take a lot of work. We'd need some more moderators, and the website would have to be revamped again to fit these new changes. However, if implemented, I believe that the spanish part of the era community will become more social, and be more connected with the game than previously.
    I would guess the decision to keep it in English is because the majority of the players can read and speak English. If we started making sections for other languages it would be a lot of duplicating threads, translating from English to another language. Why go through the trouble of making an entire thread in another language when you can just copy paste the English thread into google translate and get an idea of what is going on.

Also if another language such as Spanish is added there should be other languages as well and it would be unfair to anyone who speaks a language other than English or Spanish.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Yo hablo arab?

- - - Updated - - -

*arabe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngelNoah View Post
    eres feo (youre ugly)

I learned that using translator. It's easy to say and remember
    No tu

- - - Updated - - -

Soy muy gaupo
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    I would guess the decision to keep it in English is because the majority of the players can read and speak English. If we started making sections for other languages it would be a lot of duplicating threads, translating from English to another language. Why go through the trouble of making an entire thread in another language when you can just copy paste the English thread into google translate and get an idea of what is going on.

Also if another language such as Spanish is added there should be other languages as well and it would be unfair to anyone who speaks a language other than English or Spanish.
    Speaking in other languages was never a problem on forums

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    . Why go through the trouble of making an entire thread in another language when you can just copy paste the English thread into google translate and get an idea of what is going on.
    If its so simple to simply put a message into google translate why are forum users not allowed to post in other languages for you to read through google translate?
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Not that it is me who determines the rules however it is a rule that the forums are english-only. There is valid reasons behind this (those including that we lack the knowledge in every language)
    iEra Communications Admin
    Ol'West Developer
    Era-Go Webmaster

Doing this is highly improbable. Speaking in another language on the forums is a problem because not everyone will follow what is being discussed, and won't be able to contribute. English is the most common language for people playing the game and using the forums, and if not, they are still able to read and use the forums, but will need to translate it themselves. I agree with what Tristan says on this.
    my discord is xiv#2549

You're presenting an idea that will rarely be used on the forums. Just about no one speaks spanish or will speak spanish and if someone doesn't understand, google translate is your best friend.