Thread: Guide on how to spar.

Guide on how to spar.

Hello Graalians, long time no see. I promised people that watch my videos to make a tutorial on things that one can do to improve in spar and today i finished the script for my video.

Soon i will release that video with this script being read aloud along with visual aid of what i mean. If you have any questions about sparring leave them here and i will answer them in my video.

Here is my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJo...OkzV5RJeomaQpA

Here is the Tutorial:

Before this tutorial starts i need you to understand that at the end of this video you will not go and obliterate every player out there. The things that i am about to teach you are so that you can progressively get better at sparring. It will take time but it will be rewarding.

Requirements:
    First and foremost, there are a few requirements that you must meet in order to someday become a great sparrer. Some of which include a good connection, a decent gun and VIP. If you cant buy VIP then just make sure that you have speed boost, a perfect condition gun and lots of bullets.

Weapon:
    A good weapon is essential for sparring, note that i said good and not powerful, the common misconception is that the stronger the weapon, the better it is for sparring, but in reality, the weaker the gun, the better you will get with it. Let me explain myself. A player that goes from 0 spars to 10 thousand wins with a starter gun will by far be better than a player who does the same but with a bar. The reason for this is that the more you compensate the lack of power of your gun with skill, the less you will depend on the advantages of a powerful gun. The traits that you need to look for on the perfect gun for you are low to medium freeze, a high or decent clip (14 or more bullets) and just for the sake of modern sparring 9 damage on perfect shape. The firerate doesnt matter as much as people think, when you use the gun long enough you'll get used to the firerate.

Techniques:
    Just like any other game, graal era has combos and certain skills that you can develop to improve your chances of winning a match. Good skills to develop are a fast response time, dodging and problem solving. These are just a few that i can name from the top of my head.
    Starting with response time: There are a lot of websites that can train your reaction time, my reaction time to things occuring in my environment is an average of 200ms. You can check your own response time on the website that i will leave in the description.
    Dodging: Dodging is one of the most important parts of sparring, the ability to weave through bullets without taking damage sure comes in handy in risky situations. And it can open opportunities for finishing off your opponent. What i used to do to practice dodging was to go to a base, and join the gang that currently owned it, then i would try to dodge the bullets from my own teammates. The reason why this was so effective is because even if the bullets did hit me i would not be damaged by them. At this point it was just a matter of trial and error until i eventually became decent at it.
    Problem solving: There is situations where your opponents wont be playing nicely just like you are, and here is where problem solving becomes essential. The ability to over power an enemy that is in the first place trying to overpower you, whether it is by lagging or using a stronger weapon than yours, is perhaps one of the most important skills you can learn. There is of course a few tricks for each situation. For example if your opponent is lagging you can try to figure out the pattern in which he is moving and shoot where you think he is going to go instead of where he actually is. If he instead is sparring with a stronger gun then try instead to play defensively and not rush him. Let him fall to your bullets. Same can be said if the player is lagging on you.

The trick to getting better at sparring:
    If you are player who only plays era once or twice a week and you dont have the time or the energy to get more than 50 wins a day i am sorry but sparring is not for you. The only 100% working method to get good in spar is to do it a lot and to do it often. What i used to do is that i would set myself a daily, weekly, and monthly goal, thats how i got vector in 4 months and m4a3 in 6 and a half months. I know all of us have things to do in real life, me for example, i have to go to school, so what i did was that i made a schedule, i would do 100 spar wins every day from monday to friday, and then i would compensate the weekend and do 150+ or 200+, the plus meant that after i achieved the minimum i would not stop there, i would do more if it was possible. That way i was getting 800+ wins a week, which is about 2500+ wins a month. That is 30,000 wins in a single year, and thats an incredible amount, in 2 years you could be one of the people with the most spar wins in the game. Its all about making a habit of it. But that was just my way of doing it, you dont have to do 100 wins a day, you can do 50 and 100 in the weekends and that is still very good, also as you get better you can increase your daily wins. Dont say that 1 year is too much, time flies and most of the good people in era have been playing it for a few years now, you just have to make the commitment.

Lastly, i could go down to much more detail, and tell you that staying in the bottom is an advantage because how the game is built or tell you how to know when to rush or where to shoot or how to know where your opponent is most likely going to move so that you can shoot there, but all this is stuff that you wont remember or have time to do when you are inside of the arena, that is because you dont have the experience that i do to instinctively do these things, therefore there is no point on trying to teach you.

Thats pretty much all you need to be good at spar, it all comes down to a good gun, a good connection and a lot of free time. Experience will make you as great as you can be.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iMagicBae; 03-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Dodging: Dodging is one of the most important parts of sparring, the ability to weave through bullets without taking damage sure comes in handy in risky situations
    For any new sparrers this is the most important tip. It is way more important to dodge bullets then it is to aim at your opponent. Due to latency even if you aim a bullet and hit a player on your screen, it doesn't mean it hit them on their screen. If the bullet does not hit them on their screen they will not take damage, just as you won't be damaged if you dodge all the bullets

This is a really nice guide
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

If you want to build up on dodging and accuracy it's best to start with mpx but that's a great guide for sparrers.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Stick this

Well, I guess I can't be a good sparrer ever. Thanks to the servers being crap for people in AUS