Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Admins

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Bloody hell, does nobody on these forums know anything about paragraphs?
    Me but that can stay in school

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Just by the way, since some people are talking about events now: there?s a correlation between few staff members online and events being rarely hosted. Obviously, if no one is on, then no one is going to host events. But, if only one PR is online, then they shouldn?t host either, or else nobody is checking reports and uploads and whatnot. The priority for online staff members should always be the staff role, not hosting events. If there isn?t only one online PR...please, please do not ask them to host.

Also, if there was a separate role for event hosters, what would they do when not hosting events? Would they just host events the whole time they are online? Eventually everyone is going to have a chemical gun if that happens, and won?t that just be funnnnnn.
    I feel like you can hit 2 birds with one stone. (Always wanted to say that and if it's not grammatically correct then you may alt + f4)
    Keep Player Relations, but also have an Events Team.
    Any staff can still have the ability to host, but Events Teams shall be have hosting as top priority (Give them 10 ec or something as well). When the Events team are not hosting, they can be helping pr's with reports only.

Quote Originally Posted by A Player View Post
    Hello,

For the past 1/2 weeks I have noticed that only 2-4 admins have been online at any given time. I thought there were 39 Player Relations yet through most of the day there are <4. Most likely there are 2 admins on and I understand that there are different timezones but there are like 10+ admins in a timezone. Today for example there has only been 1 admin online and 2 sprs (which are 'logged out'). I just think the PRAs/ SPRs should really look at the inactivity of some admins and fire them if needed. Yesterday I found 10+ people waiting for their uploads to be uploaded with 0 admins online. I saw a guy who had been waiting for an hour. I mean, come on, seriously.... And I dont really care they dont all host events- but they are not doing their job which is to check reports/uploads and sometimes host events (their option tbh). 39 PRs - no just no. I never ever see more than 5-7 prs log on in a WHOLE DAY (24 hours).

Let me know your thoughts about the situation.
    39 staff? Check again bud. Where you pulled that number from is beyond me.
    As failure stated, exams are approaching (Gentu you'd better be revising) and they'll be very busy.
    I myself am revising 7+ hours a day and It ain't easy especially if you have a social life (I don't so I'm still gaming a tonne).

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's not as simple as just hiring more, as you dont always need multiple PRs on at once, but it always is a challenge to find suitable candidates who can be online during those transition periods between regions as thats usually when no PRs are on.
    This.
    In addition:
    Let's be real here, nobody tells the Gospel truth when filling applications.
    I'll be "online for 4+ hours everyday" my bottom. After a while, the drive to stay on for large periods of time shall deteriorate.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    me pls me only us timezone sir only 21 jail better then me other acc only 87 there sir i make great admin becuz me is kind to every player unless they say me noob i will jail they for hack oh and my last jail was only 2 last week k thx 4 hire adiam sir
    I feel like nobody on the server has that many warnings, I'd be proud of such an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer Savage View Post
    Events can take like 10-20m max if it was to host the hoster opens all four categories for like 10-20 players each and starts them all together. Once all four done he can just end and keep the two ec or host any two other events for big numbers at that?s it

- - - Updated - - -

That isn?t fun ofc. But let?s say 5 ET members are hired they all host their ecs and they are done with their job that?s it. If your gonna tell me they don?t deserve monthly payouts and etc, then lower their payouts and only make it like 3-5 ec for them instead of 1-3 and 20k gralats etc. They can monitor event bots too. To prevent teaming since it isn?t allowed no where and people are getting warns and jails for teaming in events now
    Open for 10-20 players!? RIP the staff's PM inbox.
    With the limited amount of events, it would make sense for staff to open for as many players as possible.
    Events last over 30 minutes if done well.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Stfu
    Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by HotPocketGenocide View Post
    Make me pr, I have no life to do anything with so Ill always be available.

Make me pr, and ill better relate to eras majorly underrepresented black community and give them the voice they so much deserve. Plus, black era players need a remodel of they color to look up to.
    After all, the last black admin we had was SNK.
    Lol whut

Snk is the whitest white guy between all the white people

- - - Updated - - -

Whiter than iGrant
    of all people you chose iGrant?
    If there's anyone I'd mention it'd probably be Junz or Olirus, they sound pretty posh.

Quote Originally Posted by HotPocketGenocide View Post
    I met with snk in real life....His skin color is black. Me, SNK, and Obama had lunch together.
    Lay off the drugs.

Me but that can stay in school
    Please educate these mortals.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

I disagree unless you host the long events and let only 50 people in (tts, catastrophe etc) it really takes 20 mins on average say 2 chance, 2 team, 2 race.

The less people you let in the longer it usually takes..

But really why don't they just host teams if they know players like it, about the hate it's part of the job to relate with the players and this is era the most toxic of graals.. can't handle what comes with it step down..

Having no tutorial is really on the higher staff not prioritizing finishing the games basic and much needed features.. or learn from when you start, it's not that dam hard most act like we're asking them to give their legs

Starting an Events Team would be the best choice. Hire like 5 members 6-10 ec each. Player doesn?t require any crazy past like no jail or warnings. Update all the events to be and have like a medal that if grabbed automatically gives the winner his ec just in event bots to prevent that staff from cheating or doing whatso ever. The medal should be placed in the winner box still and no where else so lag spikes don?t occur and 4-5th places win. Ask about payouts? 5 ec per month imo is way than enough and their are -tons- of players that are willing to work this job for just 5 ec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post

And then, of course, if you do all races, you get extreme hate from players. In fact, if you don’t do any team events, you get a huge amount of hate. Given that, events take around 30 minutes if you have a relatively quick team event. Unless you miraculously get like a 2 minute team spar, which has happened before, I won’t lie. And then if you want the events to go quicker, you could host for a smaller amount of people. Which, of course, leads to more hate from people who can’t get in. No matter what you do to try and host for players, you get a lot of hate, which is probably a major reason lots of staff members don’t host, even when there are many online. And, you know, there’s no actual tutorial for it, you have to get a prior staff member to help you out if you don’t know from participating and watching.

But I digress, this thread is more about how there aren’t a lot of player relations members online, not about how rarely events are hosted nowadays.
    Rather gain hate from 10-20 noobs or hate from 90% of the server or 100% of the main event players?

Waaki probably has that many warnings, probably more. Almost everyday i see him jailed.