Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Plasma Corp Shop - Official Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    i just seen this, interesting. will have to check it out...
    Nick, are you telling me you haven't seen the big built with electricity coming out of it?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Throughout the past few days, I?ve been playing this game mode pretty strenuously and here are a few thoughts and suggestions so far:

Like many others, I really enjoy the concept of the Plasma Corp survival game mode. When I first played it, it seemed fun and energetic as well as a pretty good challenge upfront. On top of that, my eyes were glued to the wonderful rewards and items available in the shop, especially the Antimatter Staff, and I was eager to get them but, as soon as I started grinding a few things hit me:

1) The Game gets too hard too fast
    After the first wave of the game, the mercinary class?s health goes from a stick of butter to an iron rod- which is able to tank multiple Bar shots, which is combined with it dishing out enough damage to cut my health down significantly-and only after a handful of waves! This same concept goes for many other classes who miraculously become juggernauts over the course of a couple of waves. This combined with the overall quantity they become make it very difficult for players who aren?t necessarily seasoned veterans in graal, which leads me to my second point:

2) The Player base is misrepresented
    As of the past few days while I have been playing this new mode, almost all gangs I saw in the survival room were not Plasma Corp hardcore dedicated gangs, on the contrary, nearly all of them were groups of friends who enjoyed playing Plasma Corp with their friends casually. As a result, most players of Plasma Corp who I played with while joining these gangs were casual players however, there were also a few Plasma Corp enthusiasts who tagged along. This being said, the usual gang size that I got to play with was about 6-8 people. However, the majority of people would die within the first few rounds due to the exponential difficulty and in many cases the game would not last even 20 rounds (none of my games went 30 rounds). When you keep this in mind, you can see that many of the concurrent players don?t really get to benefit from the Plasma coin market, which is an issue when the game mode is getting little competitive attention.

One solution I have for supporting the current active player base is the implementation of giving a plasma coin per wave completed. This would reward players for their repetition and commitment to the game mode on top of allowing players to earn coins at a more realistic rate to keep the shop items within reach of players. For example, a 25 wave match usually takes between 40 minutes to 1 hour, which would mean that in order to get 100 plasma coins, a decently proficient player would have to play up to 4 hours which is comparable to the time a decent sparrer is able to get 100 wins (approximation from experience). The reason why I compare earning the plasma coins to spar is that, just like spar, a player who has a worse gun is going to have a rougher time getting to those high wave counts consistently compared to someone who has a better gun. With this, players would still have to sink a solid amount of hours in order to grind for their goal weapons but it would be more achievable than the current system which benefits the more competitive players who are more experienced and organized (at this point no one has even hit the wave 75 marker yet!).

A solution I have to make the game a little smoother in the transition from easier to harder would be to focus on one aspect of the enemies at a time (increasing numbers or increasing stats) while nerfing the stat increases in the earlier waves to make the enemies stats resemble how they?re described in the info room for a longer period while giving newer players a stronger chance to survive. This should only really affect the early game while maintaining the competitive edge of how many waves people can last later on.

Overall, I really believe this game mode has great potential that hasn?t been truely realized by most of the players yet, hopefully you can find something interesting and helpful in the my jumble of thoughts. I?m very sorry if it seems disorganized and poorly written- it?s currently 5am but I felt like this could not wait. XD

Could I suggest the implementation of giving a coin per wave completed? The majority of the concurrent players who play plasma seem to be more casual and not as competitive as the system is designed for. In many of the games I’ve played in over the past few days, the initial group of players entering survival has been ranging from 6-8 players and, out of those, usually 2 would usually make it to wave 15 which means most players aren’t earning significant coins in order to make use of the shop and it’s higher priced items. In my experience, games have never lasted 30 waves and it could take up to an hour for a 25 wave match. With the implementation of a coin per round, it encourages the casual base to play more to achieve more realistic goals as a decent player could make 100 coins in 4 hours, which is comparable to the time a decent sparrer takes to get 100 wins. The current system rewards competitiveness despite the presence of crypt which was already designed to be a competitive survival mode while making earning sufficient coins seem unreachable as no current gang has even hit the max 75 wave coin marker.
    Last edited by failure; 06-24-2018 at 02:42 AM.

Maybe solo you could get coins earlier because having a team is so much easier. But solo eventually there'll be to many enemies to deal with. Seems like a waste of time to go solo because it takes so much longer to even get plasma coins most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plasma Corp Shop - Official Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb69 View Post
    Maybe solo you could get coins earlier because having a team is so much easier. But solo eventually there'll be to many enemies to deal with. Seems like a waste of time to go solo because it takes so much longer to even get plasma coins most of the time.

Then Don?t go solo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Then Don?t go solo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just an idea. Because some people just want to solo?

The reason I’m proposing one coin per wave completed is because I believe the way the feature was received and how the game was intentioned is currently mismatched. Out of the players I see playing this mode, none of them are intrested in spending their entire dayhard grinding this game mode in order to get 30 coins, it just seems unreasonable to hold such high standards to these more casual players in order for them to earn rewards in the shop while the the more experienced players, who this mode is engineered for, don’t use it often. A result of this is the current state of this feature in which the playerbase is scarce in comparison to other competitive features such as basing and sparring. In general, I don’t believe that the buffing of coin counts at the specific levels will help solve the issue when players can’t even reach those waves consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Junz View Post
    Hello!
    I'm sure a lot of you have been waiting patiently for the release of the Plasma Corp shop, so i'm glad to be able to say the wait is over.
    We've been working very hard over the past couple days and have completed most of the shop items.
    Some items are currently not purchasable - as their stats are yet to be finalised. Those will release in future. (indicated by a 'coming soon' next to the item).

The shop will be updated constantly, so expect to see new items very soon!

Current Item List

Misc Items:
    - Plasma Cookie - 10 for 2 Plasma: Heals 50 hp over a period of 50 seconds. Consumable healing item.
    - Charged Atom - 10 for 1 Plasma: Throwing weapon, deals 8 damage on hit.
    - Orb Emote - 50 Plasma: An emote, hold up a red hot ball of plasma.
    - Cyborg Head, Assault - 75 Plasma: A head straight off of the Assault cyborgs from Plasma Corp.
    - Cyborg Head, Chief - 75 Plasma: A head straight off of the Chief cyborgs from Plasma Corp.

Furniture:
    - Plasma Table - 5 Plasma: An animated Plasma table, grab to change colour.
    - Plasma Chair - 3 Plasma: A dark purple chair from Plasma Corp.
    - Plasma Totem - 20 Plasma: A totem from Plasma Corp.
    - Void Environment Stabilizer - 35 Plasma: Place to change the atmosphere of your house to void.
    - Plasma Lantern - 2 Plasma: A glowing lantern filled with plasma.

Hats:
    - 8 Hats, locked to kills ranging from 500 to 500,000
    (survival kills, get kills in Plasma Corp to unlock the hats, say showsurvivalkills to see your current kills)

Melees:
    - Flux Dagger - 1500 Plasma: A quick 9 damage dagger.
    - Photon Hammer - 2500 Plasma: An 8 damage hammer with knockback and a special jump ability that deals 10 damage.
    - AntiMatter Staff - 5000 Plasma: An 8 damage staff with a special healing ability, and the ability to wear on back.

Guns:
    - Flux Pistol - 1500 Plasma: 8 damage in perfect. Two firing modes with different stats. Comes with a laser that can be equipped. (Stats differ on laser mode)

Leave all input and feedback below!

Update 1 - 17/04/2017

Buffed Coin rate to:
    2 coins per 5 rounds (starting at round 15)
    3 coins per 5 rounds (starting at round 25)
    6 coins per 5 rounds (starting at round 35)
    12 coins per 5 levels (starting at round 50)
    20 coins per 5 levels (starting at round 75)

Solo has been introduced - you can now play by yourself.
    Hey Junz, this may be a very late question, but mind if you give me the stats of the Flux Pistol in terms of every kind of stat like freeze, reload, etc? I'm planning on buying it.
    Last edited by R4dicGB; 02-24-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R4dicGB View Post
    Hey Junz, this may be a very late question, but mind if you give me the stats of the Flux Pistol in terms of every kind of stat like freeze, reload, etc? I'm planning on buying it.
    I'm not sure if Junz will respond, but it possible to click here to view the Era Item Database, which contains an incomplete list of the Flux Pistol's statistics.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by R4dicGB View Post
    I'm wondering if it's possible If people can still be plasma dev's without being a graphics or levels admin

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk