Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Revive the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Oh thanks for reminding us.
    Np I’m here to spread positivity

Here's some ideas to revive the forums, based on what I've noticed.

1. The admins should start more threads that invites discussion. For example, Update Wishes Thread 2017. That thread generated a lot of response with players suggesting ideas. It also shows that the development team is receptive of ideas of players, so that encourages players to actively participate on the forums. One limitation though, is that there is no development manager now and the current development staff are inactive in getting the ideas of players. (I don't see a 2018 update wishes thread...)

2. I've noticed that threads are getting very repetitive, with players suggesting the same ideas and starting threads again and again about the same topic. Repetition makes the forums boring, and it is boring either because 1. the issue has not been rectified nor 2. players felt that they are not being heard because the relevant staff do not give a response to it (even a NIL reply can go a long way in solving this issue). This is why I emphasis on active participation by staff such as the manager on the forums as well as a conclusive and clear response by relevant staff on issues.

3. There is the Gangster /Cop faction that helped to rev up the forums but it was run by BBoy and Tricky...I wonder if they are still there to keep the faction forums alive.

4.We could encourage roleplaying over the forums, which I have seen taking place before, e.g. Washington White House DC and gangs, even though there is limited roleplaying on the forums relative to the game. The forums did not seem like a place inviting of roleplaying...maybe its because nobody participates? or they feel its against the rules? We could have in game "schools" and "military units" informing us of their developments in game such as a recent war that was fought etc. I've done it before and it was quite well received...the forums can encourage that.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

i honestly think bringing back the supreme chatter monkey achievement is one of the best ways to generate new forum activity. sure, 80% of people will join and leave straight away, but thats still 20% who will join and be active.
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

hey, just checking in to see if Era actually has implemented any ways of attracting new forum members or if its just been left to die

hello to the remaining 3 users who will read this post
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Hello and nope, i dont think there is.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Remember how Snk revive the Forum by using FreeEC method? That was how I discovered Forum lol
    来玩王者荣耀呗,就看你份上就带你飞一把!

"Come and play with me Wang Zhe Rong Yao, see as you as my friend, i will carry you"

用这个QR Code来玩呗!
    Use this QR code to play!

Maybe you don't have to actually implement the forum system in the game, but somewhere players can see what's the hot/trending threads of forums for them to check. It's like advertising forum whilst giving them information about the current forum's thread. It's not a big advertisement but starting from small is still different from nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

When they tap/click the hot threads, they will be redirected to that thread or forum's home page.

I saw someone suggesting an item rewards for players to stay on forum and keep being active, it doesn't have to be an item that will give them advantage from other players. Can be just cosmetics like special hats. Correct me if I'm wrong but moderators have an in game forum hat, why not make a special hat for the registered members too? Doesn't have to reward them by just registering in forum, because everyone knows that they'll likely just register and get the reward then leave without opening the forum ever again.

Rewards requirements can be anything like total posts, online day/monthly/yearly streak, total reputation(might motivate people to post more helpful posts), total friends etc. whatever ideas are in your minds. Can be discussed later when it's actually happening.

- - - Updated - - -

But again, it really depends on current staff's motivation on bringing back forum active again while players will support them.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.