Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Revive the Forums

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webmaster gives a pretty good description of what a webmaster does and is required to do.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    We need a new webmaster
    i vote for failure
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    i vote for failure
    No can do, babydoll, I don’t know much about website design and development and my HTML experience is very limited.

Why don't we ask one of the old web masters to come back?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Leveler
    I could be a webmaster but I forgot I have 20 warns. Marg will take over (he has "0" warns) good webmaster pick

It’s not gonna be easy to find a Webmaster. They don’t just pop out of nowhere and decide to become one. I believe the Manager or an overall Administrator is the one responsible to find someone like Bboy. I mean do we know someone who knows a language or two in programming or HTML? Who knows the rest of the requirements? Yeah maybe someone in the staff team knows how but you gotta check if they are available. But in general, it is going to be a challenge since the rest of the knowing-staffs are goner.

No can do, babydoll, I don’t know much about website design and development and my HTML experience is very limited.
    yet again failure lets me down

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    yet again failure lets me down
    I mean, I know a couple other programming languages so I could probably learn HTML decently easily with a bit of effort.

Also keep in mind that the webmaster is a very high position, and what they do with the OFFICIAL forums for the game is very representative, no matter how inactive the forums are. The webmaster would have to have earned a high level of trust from the higher ups to even be considered for the role. If you give some random pr the webmaster role, what happens if they get fired and decide to take their frustrations out by ruining the forums?

I mean, I know a couple other programming languages so I could probably learn HTML decently easily with a bit of effort.

Also keep in mind that the webmaster is a very high position, and what they do with the OFFICIAL forums for the game is very representative, no matter how inactive the forums are. The webmaster would have to have earned a high level of trust from the higher ups to even be considered for the role. If you give some random pr the webmaster role, what happens if they get fired and decide to take their frustrations out by ruining the forums?
    i mean obviously the position wouldnt go to some random PR, but someone would have to be promoted, you couldn't give the role to a higher up without them having to leave their old role permanently

I have little to no experience with HTML and CSS.
    My Website
    I gave up after a week because too much. xP
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!