Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Revive the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    So we’re starting some discussion amongst staff members on how we can revive the forums. From this thread so far, I see y’all want things like increased staff activity, more competitions and forum events, and maybe like in game items for forum achievements and stuff. Any and all ideas are certainly welcome, so let’s hear them.

(Disclaimer: I’m not super sure how possible it would be to do the whole in game items things, we would need to ask to a developer when they have the time, as well as get approval for all this)
    it would be great if you could bring part of that discussion in here to make it more open, but i understand if that cant be done

id be weary about having ingame item rewards for posts and for simply joining the forums as that could just lead to more spam and un used forum accounts

you could try some sort of poll system where each week, players vote for the top poster of that week and they receive some sort of reward, like a hat or an ec

you could even try having several catagories like funniest, etc
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    it would be great if you could bring part of that discussion in here to make it more open, but i understand if that cant be done

id be weary about having ingame item rewards for posts and for simply joining the forums as that could just lead to more spam and un used forum accounts

you could try some sort of poll system where each week, players vote for the top poster of that week and they receive some sort of reward, like a hat or an ec

you could even try having several catagories like funniest, etc
    Not sure how in-depth I'm allowed to go, but some of what is being discussed is integrating the forums in-game somehow and maybe revamping it so it's easier to navigate, as well as just making it a more useful resource for players

Not sure how in-depth I'm allowed to go, but some of what is being discussed is integrating the forums in-game somehow and maybe revamping it so it's easier to navigate, as well as just making it a more useful resource for players
    are you talking about integrating the forums into the way Zone did? by making the forums actually in game? because j dont think thats a very good idea

- - - Updated - - -

i think before any changes are made a new web master should be hired first, who can communicate effectively with the forum community exactly what changes are being made and why, and ask for opinions

Banned
    are you talking about integrating the forums into the way Zone did? by making the forums actually in game? because j dont think thats a very good idea

- - - Updated - - -

i think before any changes are made a new web master should be hired first, who can communicate effectively with the forum community exactly what changes are being made and why, and ask for opinions
    What are the issues with Zone's in-game forums? I plan on checking them out pretty soon once my finals are up. I think we were playing with the idea of something similar, but not quite the same. Something to advertise a little more, maybe making it read-only in-game to give a taste of the forums, while still allowing for the larger in-depth posts that we sometimes get on here.

What are the issues with Zone's in-game forums? I plan on checking them out pretty soon once my finals are up. I think we were playing with the idea of something similar, but not quite the same. Something to advertise a little more, maybe making it read-only in-game to give a taste of the forums, while still allowing for the larger in-depth posts that we sometimes get on here.
    i havent checked out zones forums a few years, but last time i was on it was clunky and hard to navigate. its a lot easier using a browser or tapatalk

read only posts would be good, like maybe the top topics are shown in game and then a link to the forums, that would be a cool menu option

Banned
    i havent checked out zones forums a few years, but last time i was on it was clunky and hard to navigate. its a lot easier using a browser or tapatalk

read only posts would be good, like maybe the top topics are shown in game and then a link to the forums, that would be a cool menu option
    Yeah, kinda like a read-only trending/most popular type thing with a link to the real forums? That way people can see what we talk about here pretty easily, and have a way to give input. It could also be used for small updates, like the little changes to plasma corp balancing that aren't announced. If something small but significant is changed, a thread would be made here, people would comment on it or whatever, it would become a currently trending thread, people see it in-game and are informed on what's new, and then have a way to express feedback and concerns if they want to

Of course, I'm not sure how possible it is to script these things since I know all of zero GS2, so we would have to wait on some developer and webmaster(?) feedback. Also keep in mind that none of what I say is official or confirmed in any way, we're just tossing out ideas

Yeah, kinda like a read-only trending/most popular type thing with a link to the real forums? That way people can see what we talk about here pretty easily, and have a way to give input. It could also be used for small updates, like the little changes to plasma corp balancing that aren't announced. If something small but significant is changed, a thread would be made here, people would comment on it or whatever, it would become a currently trending thread, people see it in-game and are informed on what's new, and then have a way to express feedback and concerns if they want to

Of course, I'm not sure how possible it is to script these things since I know all of zero GS2, so we would have to wait on some developer and webmaster(?) feedback. Also keep in mind that none of what I say is official or confirmed in any way, we're just tossing out ideas
    im sure it could be done in some way

id love to see a developer or someone in charge of making these decisions communicating on this thread though

So we?re starting some discussion amongst staff members on how we can revive the forums. From this thread so far, I see y?all want things like increased staff activity, more competitions and forum events, and maybe like in game items for forum achievements and stuff. Any and all ideas are certainly welcome, so let?s hear them.

(Disclaimer: I?m not super sure how possible it would be to do the whole in game items things, we would need to ask to a developer when they have the time, as well as get approval for all this)
    Ask Junz for ideas he?s like smart so he gonna save time

So we?re starting some discussion amongst staff members on how we can revive the forums. From this thread so far, I see y?all want things like increased staff activity, more competitions and forum events, and maybe like in game items for forum achievements and stuff. Any and all ideas are certainly welcome, so let?s hear them.

(Disclaimer: I?m not super sure how possible it would be to do the whole in game items things, we would need to ask to a developer when they have the time, as well as get approval for all this)
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but there's an event, called Ramadan, coming up in May 16th. Why not have a GFX competition for Ramadan like the one there was for Christmas?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but there's an event, called Ramadan, coming up in May 16th. Why not have a GFX competition for Ramadan like the one there was for Christmas?
    That would totally be up to Olirus, since he's the Graphics/Horse Admin. But I'll message him and let him know that someone wants a competition for this