• Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Solution to Basing That Would Actually Work

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Canavi View Post
    I I also like the idea of the 7 unique gang hats. I had an idea where instead of the leader picking who gets the hat, the system logs each helpers amount of hours put into basing with a specific gang, the members who helped the most would get a gang hat spot instead of the leader choosing who gets one, it would prevent bias.
    I thought about this too but what about AFKers

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    I thought about this too but what about AFKers
    Afkers generally get kicked from the gang before they have a chance to rack up hours. Also, I like this idea, but if the gang system was to be changed from hours to pks..then maybe change it so the top people with the most gang kills (like i explained in the beginning of the thread)get rewards. I'm still not sure if I like this idea, because some people have great leadership ability, and deserve the rewards even if they don't necessarily put as much time into the gang.

Banned
    If base scores revolve around kills, then it becomes more easily boostable. You just convince some friends to join some random gang and run in the base with the pretense of trying to take the base, only to get killed by you and your other buddies holding the base. Also, if no ones attacking the base you?re at, aren?t you just sitting around for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    If base scores revolve around kills, then it becomes more easily boostable. You just convince some friends to join some random gang and run in the base with the pretense of trying to take the base, only to get killed by you and your other buddies holding the base. Also, if no ones attacking the base you?re at, aren?t you just sitting around for nothing?
    exactly. its a novel idea, but in practice there are too many loopholes that can be used.
    heyhey

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    I'm not sure why your friends would do that for you, and the fact that there would be multiple gangs in the base at the same time means your boosters aren't guaranteed to be killed by the gang holding. The way this would be set up, would cause wars across the map in order for gangs to get their kills..im very doubtful that there would be a chance for a gang to be by themselves in a base and have their friends come so they can boost. Also, I don't think you would ever be sitting around doing nothing for the reasons I just gave. Remember gangs need to own the base in order for their kills to count toward the gang total kills.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazzSLudio View Post
    I'm not sure why your friends would do that for you, and the fact that there would be multiple gangs in the base at the same time means your boosters aren't guaranteed to be killed by the gang holding. The way this would be set up, would cause wars across the map in order for gangs to get their kills..im very doubtful that there would be a chance for a gang to be by themselves in a base and have their friends come so they can boost. Also, I don't think you would ever be sitting around doing nothing for the reasons I just gave. Remember gangs need to own the base in order for their kills to count toward the gang total kills.
    I'm kinda basing this on how bases are as of right now. Small gangs are still intimidated by the massive like 20 people in the already established gangs, so there aren't any real challengers. Usually when I run into a base right now, it's pretty empty except for the gang holding the base (aside from the occasional wars between two larger gangs). This is actually what Sam is trying to fix with the basing rework, I believe.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    In retrospective, I like the emphasis of this idea, but something makes me feel like there's loopholes.

As Failure mentioned, one gang can boost off of another at that point.
    Changing the basic ideology on basing isn't the only issue though, layouts feel bland at times. There needs to be more pizzazz to basing.

I left for a good six months and the only thing that was different was Plasma Corp (which I really love honestly xoxo Junz).

I'd really like to see this as a supplementary plan (in case the basing rework flops).

Yes basing right now is dead, but that is because of the current rewards system that is based off hours. All the gangs have alliances, and there is hardly any action. What I suggested is if that was all changed to a system based off pks like I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, then gangs would have to go to war against other gangs or else get slower gang pks. And if only the gang holding the base has their "gang pks" count, then other gangs would have to raid a base, take the base, and get kills. Because of how that would take place, bases would be nothing like they are now. I believe every base would be a war, and it would sort of rotate through all of them as the "mob" moves around.

Leveler
    Maybe like every 10 pks you get in a base within a certain time will add you like 1 minute to ur total time and you have to own the base

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    Maybe like every 10 pks you get in a base within a certain time will add you like 1 minute to ur total time and you have to own the base
    Hmm very interesting idea..although I think 10 might be a bit too high to motivate gangs to do something other than afk in the corner. Maybe every 1 kill adds a minute to their hours, and then make the gang rewards harder to get.