Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Era Still Use Flash Player?

Will Era Still Use Flash Player?

Hello guys. It has been a long time since I used to be a member on these forums.

Anyways, I missed Era. Despite the absurd price of guns and the boringness of grinding for gralats, it was still fun just to run around and shoot people. So, I wanted to play it once again. However, I have noticed that Era from the era.graalonline.com website still uses Flash Player to run. Seriously... I thought almost every web browser has disabled Flash nowadays due to low optimization of security issues. I was wondering... Why is Era still using Flash player, something that will likely die out on browsers in the future? Are there any plans to migrate the game to a different engine for browsers?

Second of all, how shall I play Era again? I am not interested on playing Era on Mobile because I find using mobile controls are harder for me than computer controls. My current browser Firefox doesn't support Flash anymore, and I see no point in getting Flash if support for it is declining. WHat shall I do to play Era again?

I'm back, and I hope I will enjoy talking to the forum community once again.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

Welcome back!
    Well on Chrome sometimes the game shows up a black screen after the loading bar and somehow I have to find a button saying ''OK'' on the screen. Also it's taking long to load the game. Facebook or not.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Yeah it uses flashplayer. If you download the latest version of your browser you might not need flashplayer. I think some browsers have a built in work around to run flashplayer games.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

I thought that newer browsers would be installed without Flash player, so how would that help?

Also, if Era uses Flash Player, how will workarounds exist or work anyway? Going on Era on the newest version of Firefox or Edge doesn't work, as both browsers has stopped supporting Flash (I have both browsers and the page still requires Flash), and I am sure Chrome also doesn't support Flash anymore.
    I would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAssassin View Post
    I thought that newer browsers would be installed without Flash player, so how would that help?

Also, if Era uses Flash Player, how will workarounds exist or work anyway? Going on Era on the newest version of Firefox or Edge doesn't work, as both browsers has stopped supporting Flash (I have both browsers and the page still requires Flash), and I am sure Chrome also doesn't support Flash anymore.
    I just know that when I bought my laptop a year ago, one of my browsers required me to download flash player while the other didn't. I don't remember which one but I use firefox, chrome and opera
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Spoiler

Yet that doesn't tell me anything helpful. Both Edge and Firefox do not come with Flash Player installed, and Flash is being discontinued. So how will I be able to play Graal Online in the future? Are there any plans for it to change engines?
    I would never know.

The Safari browser since the release of the first iPhone Steve jobs advertised the lack of flash player but the ability to load flash programs. Don't know if it's still the case today, but it's worth the try.
    Also I do think edge has it preinstalled.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Yet that doesn't tell me anything helpful. Both Edge and Firefox do not come with Flash Player installed, and Flash is being discontinued. So how will I be able to play Graal Online in the future? Are there any plans for it to change engines?
    That is good to know. I had no idea flash was going to be discontinued. So I did a bit of research and if you google it, they will stop making updates for flash in 2020, but will continue their partnership with the browsers to keep it running.

"Adobe today announced that Flash, the once-ubiquitous plugin that allowed you to play your first Justin Bieber video on YouTube and Dolphin Olympics 2 on Kongregate, will be phased out by the end of 2020. At that point, Adobe will stop updating and distributing Flash. Until then, Adobe will still partner with the likes of Apple, Mozilla, Microsoft and Google to offer security updates for Flash in their browsers and support new versions of them, but beyond that, Adobe will not offer any new Flash features."

Source - https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/25/ge...flash-in-2020/

I don't think there is anything to worry about

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    The Safari browser since the release of the first iPhone Steve jobs advertised the lack of flash player but the ability to load flash programs. Don't know if it's still the case today, but it's worth the try.
    Also I do think edge has it preinstalled.
    You're right, I am now able to play Graal again on the PC!

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    That is good to know. I had no idea flash was going to be discontinued. So I did a bit of research and if you google it, they will stop making updates for flash in 2020, but will continue their partnership with the browsers to keep it running.

I don't think there is anything to worry about
    Alright then, Flash Player may still be around, but what about in the Future? What happens if there are better engines to appear? Will Era just stick with Flash because it is hard to switch engines?
    I would never know.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    You're right, I am now able to play Graal again on the PC!

Alright then, Flash Player may still be around, but what about in the Future? What happens if there are better engines to appear? Will Era just stick with Flash because it is hard to switch engines?
    Graal might shift their direction to an all-mobile set (the option that is cheaper and more effective, and let's all be honest here, the true rhetoric of Graal at this point) or maybe even seek out other languages to build off of.

HTML5 and WebGL are slowly innovating, and I wouldn't be too surprised if they were the 'it' factor of the Internet that Flash was early on.

Either way, I think Unix will move with the web, he always has. Only time will tell.