Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are Events Dead? And Staff?

Events were hosted a couple times yesterday and from my couple hours of playing today there were 3-5 hosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a requirement for a PR or any Staff/Admin to host events, like some said earlier maybe you've just been unlucky and not have been online at the time to attend events.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I came to a point where I started thinking that events bring more bad than good, you get 5-6 ecs a day to host, so you only get to choose 6 events, if you don't choose carefully you're immediately a corrupt admin who gives favoritism to others, if you host CTF they say CTF is overhosted, if you don't, they say you never host CTF, and that goes on for days, if you host an event but change up the ritual a bit to spice things up they explode with "that it's not how the event is hosted" and then complain to higher staff which puts us PRs in trouble even if innocent, and I'm not going to mention about the backlash from players.
    In the end it's the staff's choice to host or not, or how to host, so I'm saying this for myself, no idea for others, but I don't feel like hosting, not because of being busy, but for just not feeling enthusiastic about hosting, and I understand you guys want ECs, but if only 10% are grateful for the events I don't see a reason why someone should continue to do so.
    I don't know if it sounds harsh or not, but i once hosted an event where hundreds of people attended, when the event finished I read the pms and only 3 people out of hundreds thanked me, it made me smile to see such caring people and that was the reason why I hosted the time after that, but 3/4 of the times that I host no one thanks me except the winners. I didn't expect anyone to thank me at the time, cause I never did when I used to attend events but then again, I never complained about them not hosting.
    Give Thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
    You shouldn't expect thanks when you get paid to do it lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...86-Event-Times
    (The most recent link to a similar topic)

The majority of the staff team are PRs. When a PR is on their staff account, the priority is handling reports and uploads. If only one PR is available to be online at a time, they should not leave their duty as a PR unattended to host events, since reports and uploads are time sensitive. Recently, I do think we have been a little short staffed, but there should be some new Trial PRs coming in soon since cally just had a session for Australian/Asian PR applications. I believe Junz also said that he hoped to open applications once he was a little less busy irl. Not to mention what Joey said, some staff just don’t like to host events, partially or fully because of how they get treated by players when they do host.

As for staff being afk: are you certain that they are afk? Some staff members just choose not to respond to things like “hi” or requests like “doll me” and “host noob”. If they’re not responding to players that need actual help, then I really have nothing to say since I don’t speak for them. I am pretty confident that most PRs will answer and provide as much help as possible though.

Here’s what it’s been like for me as a PR recently:
    When I log in, there’s maybe one or two PRs on. Someone asks me to host, and I say “Not yet, I just got on and I always do some work before I host.”
    Few minutes later, I’m the only PR on since the other(s) had been on for awhile and maybe had to leave to do some other stuff. I get a pm saying “Host now?” And I have to say “Sorry, I cant host when I’m the only PR on”.
    Blah blah blah time passes and I do Pr work for awhile.
    Another PR gets on. I’ve been on for awhile and at this point, I don’t really feel like doing events since it would add like 30 minutes to my online time or I just don’t have that kind of time at all. So I get off my staff account.

Also, you might want to check out the Administration List, it could be that your time zone or whenever you play just doesn’t have a lot of PRs online
    You smell

- - - Updated - - -

Make a set time to host when others are on, turn pms off, monitor the event.

Simple, smooth, keeps the players happy .

A little organization goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    Read the last 3 sentences I posted, also I'm not paid to host events, but on a side note, if there is a waiter on my table serving food I always thank him for his service, although I know not everyone does the same.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Read the last 3 sentences I posted, also I'm not paid to host events, but on a side note, if there is a waiter on my table serving food I always thank him for his service, although I know not everyone does the same.
    You get 5EC daily for hosting, if it was not part of the job there would be a team specifically for hosting which would get them instead.

Also i thank when a good service is provided, not hosting out of spite for the players you work for is not good service.

"I understand you guys want ECs, but if only 10% are grateful for the events I don't see a reason why someone should continue to do so."

You get 5EC daily for hosting, if it was not part of the job there would be a team specifically for hosting which would get them instead.
    It's not, it has never been forced upon.

Also i thank when a good service is provided, not hosting out of spite for the players you work for is not good service.
    I don't expect thanks from anyone, since everyone here wants to have fun through events I bring out my best positive self, it's just sad to see people who ask for events and beg, literally, then complain at the end of the event.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Banned

- - - Updated - - -

You smell

- - - Updated - - -

Make a set time to host when others are on, turn pms off, monitor the event.

Simple, smooth, keeps the players happy .

A little organization goes a long way.
    I don’t think this level of organization is necessary for something done as often as events. Players would get on only for events, making the player count surge and increasing lag. Nobody wants that in events right? Plus, things can quickly change irl, a staff member may be planning to host but then suddenly has to do something else. I believe auctions have a timer like that because they can only be hosted by certain staff on a pretty infrequent basis. If the staff planning to host has something come up irl, they have to ask another staff member with auction rights to fill in.

"I understand you guys want ECs, but if only 10% are grateful for the events I don't see a reason why someone should continue to do so."
    Firstly, how do you know how much they are paid, as I know their minimum award is 10k gr and ec MONTHLY for doing such things as checking reports and helping people out with different kind of issues but there is nothing said about that staff HAS TO host the events so theres nothing criminal if somebody of PRs has never hosted an event. It is actually some sort of hobby to gift players entartainment and host events. Finally, staff isnt supposed to expect thanks for the job but the point was that they are being more hated than liked for hosting events, and thats ofcourse dissapoints.

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Player Relations don't get paid to host. They get paid to police Era. :/
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

They get paid on there staff account an player account or just staff account?
    Javi's Production