Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingame profile update - offline notifications

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    i think whatever was on the front page before should stay on the front page besides MPX stats. the language bar isnt important and could even be moved next to the flag icon to free up the profile.
    If kills and spars move back to the front page and the language thing was moved elsewhere, what else besides the mpx stats do you think should go on the second page?

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    If kills and spars move back to the front page and the language thing was moved elsewhere, what else besides the mpx stats do you think should go on the second page?
    Possibly an option to add interests? That may seem far-fetched but it could be a filler.

So here are my thoughts about the new update...

I hate how the PM & add buttons are placed on the right side of the screen, i was so use to it before but now its in a different place which is very frustrating and if they were not to change it would take time to get use to, that's why I prefer the old profile interface.

I wish they just didnt add it in the first place it looks ugly and is simply unnecessary
    Why not focus on something more productive things rather then changing a profile, like something people would enjoy.

Yes, I understand, the old profile was very simple and basic but that's the reason why it was so good and everyone loved it.
    All the information was on the screen at once right when I needed it which was very convenient.

Idk this is just my opinion about the whole new update.
    No hate, just feedback

Soldier
    Also by adding this profile update we can no longer see if a player is playing classic or era or zone. Come On some people play era and classic, I should be allowed to see which game they are on :/

Logged in after like 6 months of inactivity just to say this:

I liked the old profile system mainly because it was simple and not cluttered with a bunch of other stuff.

The add and pm buttons are way too intrusive and ugly, along with the fact that they are on the right, not on the left, is something that will always be an eyesore despite the fact that we probably need to get used to it.

Since when was "language" ever something we needed to put on our profile?

Haha, you don't know my language if it's private...

If you wanted to get less criticism for this, you might as well put an option to revert back to the old system in the player settings (similar to the old emote system option which I still use) so that people who never wanted this in the first place can be happy.

Also, get rid of align, one of the most useless "stat" that staff hasn't bothered to work with since the very beginning.

Giving us the ability to put the stats that we're interested in on the very first page would sort of make this bearable, along with the options to privatize specific stats (e.g. money, relationship, MPX duo) so that players can show whatever they want to show.

Some staff earlier in this thread commented that we were "begging" for new updates and were being ungrateful- to which I say that while we do want updates, a majority of the people on here never wanted an UI overhaul, they were looking for new content, new guns etc. Also, there was literally no warning or indication that this was going to happen or that a majority of players wanted this, so the playerbase has somewhat of a right to be upset about the new changes especially when the presiding attitude from staff is pretty much "You wanted updates and now you're b****ing about how it's terrible."

There's absolutely no communication going on between staff and player base, which is why staff will always get flak for whatever they do b/c they don't talk with the players and ask what they'd like to see. A bit of a heads- up in the form of a "patch notes" before the actual update is implemented would actually be nice so that one day we're not hit with a massive overhaul like this and get pissed off.

@Failure, you mentioned that the players were being unreasonably upset and that you wanted to know exactly why. That's a good step in the right direction. I just hope the rest of the staff team actually bother to follow your lead and decide to actually ask players what they want before a change is made instead of after they make a mess.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 06-07-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Logged in after like 6 months of inactivity just to say this:

I liked the old profile system mainly because it was simple and not cluttered with a bunch of other stuff.

The add and pm buttons are way too intrusive and ugly, along with the fact that they are on the right, not on the left, is something that will always be an eyesore despite the fact that we probably need to get used to it.

Since when was "language" ever something we needed to put on our profile?

Haha, you don't know my language if it's private...

If you wanted to get less criticism for this, you might as well put an option to revert back to the old system in the player settings (similar to the old emote system option which I still use) so that people who never wanted this in the first place can be happy.

Also, get rid of align, one of the most useless "stat" that staff hasn't bothered to work with since the very beginning.

Giving us the ability to put the stats that we're interested in on the very first page would sort of make this bearable, along with the options to privatize specific stats (e.g. money, relationship, MPX duo) so that players can show whatever they want to show.

Some staff earlier in this thread commented that we were "begging" for new updates and were being ungrateful- to which I say that while we do want updates, a majority of the people on here never wanted an UI overhaul, they were looking for new content, new guns etc. Also, there was literally no warning or indication that this was going to happen or that a majority of players wanted this, so the playerbase has somewhat of a right to be upset about the new changes especially when the presiding attitude from staff is pretty much "You wanted updates and now you're b****ing about how it's terrible."

There's absolutely no communication going on between staff and player base, which is why staff will always get flak for whatever they do b/c they don't talk with the players and ask what they'd like to see. A bit of a heads- up in the form of a "patch notes" before the actual update is implemented would actually be nice so that one day we're not hit with a massive overhaul like this and get pissed off.

@Failure, you mentioned that the players were being unreasonably upset and that you wanted to know exactly why. That's a good step in the right direction. I just hope the rest of the staff team actually bother to follow your lead and decide to actually ask players what they want before a change is made instead of after they make a mess.
    I gotta disagree that the old profiles were uncluttered, I absolutely hated the fact that you would have to wait for MPX duo scores to show up. The new adding and pm buttons might take some getting used to, I think it was placed like that to keep some consistency between your profile and other players’ profiles.

I don’t think it’s going to be possible to have an option to revert to and from the old profile system, as far as I know it’s much more complicated than simply changing out graphics and ganis or whatever like what was done with the emojis.

Not sure how letting players customize what is shown on their own profile would work, but it could be cool. Downside being it could confuse and trick newer players.

I do agree that we need to interact with the player base more and gauge opinions for things like this, but for now I guess we can only give constructive criticism and see what happens.

Also, I didn’t mean I thought players were unreasonably upset - I actually think it’s pretty justified. Players get used to one thing, then it completely changes and that can be disturbing. However the complete hate is a little harsh, someone did work hard to renovate the profiles. Overall, I personally feel like it does make the profile cleaner and easier to read, though I am a pretty big fan of proper use of empty space.

After playing around with it a little yesterday, I can see why players are more upset than the majority of staff seem to be. I think the new profile system appeals more to staff members since our kills and stats and stuff don’t matter on staff accounts. So keeping it hidden and out of the way makes it look neater and less cluttered. However, those stats are more important to players than staff, and it’s just a pain to have to scroll to check someone’s stats and see kind of how they spend their time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    I gotta disagree that the old profiles were uncluttered, I absolutely hated the fact that you would have to wait for MPX duo scores to show up. The new adding and pm buttons might take some getting used to, I think it was placed like that to keep some consistency between your profile and other players’ profiles.

I don’t think it’s going to be possible to have an option to revert to and from the old profile system, as far as I know it’s much more complicated than simply changing out graphics and ganis or whatever like what was done with the emojis.

Not sure how letting players customize what is shown on their own profile would work, but it could be cool. Downside being it could confuse and trick newer players.

I do agree that we need to interact with the player base more and gauge opinions for things like this, but for now I guess we can only give constructive criticism and see what happens.

Also, I didn’t mean I thought players were unreasonably upset - I actually think it’s pretty justified. Players get used to one thing, then it completely changes and that can be disturbing. However the complete hate is a little harsh, someone did work hard to renovate the profiles. Overall, I personally feel like it does make the profile cleaner and easier to read, though I am a pretty big fan of proper use of empty space.

After playing around with it a little yesterday, I can see why players are more upset than the majority of staff seem to be. I think the new profile system appeals more to staff members since our kills and stats and stuff don’t matter on staff accounts. So keeping it hidden and out of the way makes it look neater and less cluttered. However, those stats are more important to players than staff, and it’s just a pain to have to scroll to check someone’s stats and see kind of how they spend their time in the game.
    I feel like the whole debate about the application of using profile space efficiently could have been easily solved by removing the align status and the hitpoint indicator. With those two lines out of the way, it would have been easy to replace them with the MPX duo stats. In addition, there would have been one extra space to put Plasma related stats there as well.

Regardless of the fact that FB era very inconsistently shows the next page of the profiles after using the sliders, the only thing I can take away from this is that this change was just a very rude awakening to an otherwise ok thing that we had going on.

Based on the previous comments about how Classic's scripts were taken to pretty much make this new change, I'll dispute your claim that someone worked tirelessly to implement this update but in the end, it is what it is.

Well a new PM update. Good thing about it it shows how many pms you have waiting (just noticed the noob got a sad face)

Works like a thread ?vv (pretty much like olwest but they have an option to disable it)

But if you wanted to re-read ur pm from ur pms history it won?t be shown as a thread

Annndd the pm box is now bigger than before

Ahmad is stealing my job of announcing new updates...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Ahmad is stealing my job of announcing new updates...
    You be ok Jihad <3