Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taurus skin-my own creation

Development Team
    Can ya'll stop being nice and just admit it's really not that good. Like don't sugarcoat it.

Yeah it can be harsh, but that's what criticism is about, if you wanna get good then you need to keep on practicing, study style, and try to replicate them. Learn how their shading works and such. Play with light sources.

Try and replicate this gun for example, or put your own twists on it, could even try to follow the lighting as a guide to your shading. Start with references first man, eventually you won't need them as much.

As for your lines, they look a bit jaggy, meaning they're not as smooth as you'd probably like them to be.
    An example:

So in other words, use the 1-2-3 step of ordering pixels instead of 1-3-1 and such, and try to make sure everything has a shape, like I noticed the trigger guard (thing around the trigger) is a single line. It would look better if it was at least 2-3 pixels wide.

----------------------

If you wanna learn some more, check out this site.

http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
    Last edited by Tricky; 06-19-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    the trigger) —-
    But it is really cute

I don't give cc's to guns. I don't know much about them, as in art-wise.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    I don't give cc's to guns. I don't know much about them, as in art-wise.
    It applies to everything.

Spoiler

It applies to everything.
    y'know as i've always been mentioning in my posts i know that i suck. this was just an idea hoping that an admin would see it and fix the taurus gun since it's terrible cause even the bullet wasn't coming out of the muzzle. now i haven't ever been expecting any of my sketches to be implemented i've just been trying to give some ideas. i am not goot at gfx and haven't been expecting to hear/read good reviews. so yea

now about the taurus gun. i've asked iMask to fix it and it's been fixed. the hallowed rifle skeleton skin has got the same problem yet):
    and by the way the gun that i tried to draw was this one not the one you've shown to meTaurusRevolver_2_TaurusIntl.jpg
    thanks for the help i'll read the tips on the website and try to improve my crappy skills. i appreciate it!!<3

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Anerafisher View Post
    y'know as i've always been mentioning in my posts i know that i suck. this was just an idea hoping that an admin would see it and fix the taurus gun since it's terrible cause even the bullet wasn't coming out of the muzzle. now i haven't ever been expecting any of my sketches to be implemented i've just been trying to give some ideas. i am not goot at gfx and haven't been expecting to hear/read good reviews. so yea

now about the taurus gun. i've asked iMask to fix it and it's been fixed. the hallowed rifle skeleton skin has got the same problem yet):
    and by the way the gun that i tried to draw was this one not the one you've shown to meTaurusRevolver_2_TaurusIntl.jpg
    thanks for the help i'll read the tips on the website and try to improve my crappy skills. i appreciate it!!<3
    I know, I intended to get a different gun, although still similar to what you have.

If need be, I could edit your gun and show you how you could improve on it. It would have to be a .png file though.

I do not intend to hurt your feelings or anything of that sort, I'm just trying not to get your hopes up too high yet, since friends tend to be "too nice" sometimes, and when that person shows that piece of work, it won't look so great to others yet they were told by their friends that it was amazing.

Spoiler

I know, I intended to get a different gun, although still similar to what you have.

If need be, I could edit your gun and show you how you could improve on it. It would have to be a .png file though.

I do not intend to hurt your feelings or anything of that sort, I'm just trying not to get your hopes up too high yet, since friends tend to be "too nice" sometimes, and when that person shows that piece of work, it won't look so great to others yet they were told by their friends that it was amazing.
    you're right thank you i understand that none of these guys are my friends though. anyways i don't really mind if this skin is edited or not since i just want era to have better gun graphics and stuff (the current taurus skin seems crap to me to be honest) so yea
    thanks again(:
    yet there's another problem with the guns too there are guns which don't work properly as they should i mean some guns with useless muzzles since the bullets aren't coming off them i've tried to reach some developers with this issue but no one really cares about it):

It looks really weird.