Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A basing guide to newbies

Frag Grenade A basing guide for newbies

Hello everyone,
    Being an old player, you'll probably know most of this. Being a new player, you'll probably hear the word "basing" a lot around Graal Era. Interested to know what it is?

1) What is basing?
    Basing is basically something close to an event done continuously by gangs. It basically consists of a building where you kill other players. Your objective is to clear the base and take it which is done by taking the "flag" of the base (looks like a safe in most bases, a statue or an actual flag).

2) How is basing done?
    As mentioned before, you gather a gang of people or get recruited by one. You kill players inside the base and take the base flag, which is usually taken through harming it with weapons. The hard part comes in keeping the base flag. This is what the flag looks like:

3) Where can I find a base?
    Bases are located everywhere, in both northern and southern parts of era. They are usually shown through the "Zones" section on the map which shows you the areas of the bases while the star represents the location of the building.

4) What do I need in order to base?
    • Decent Guns
    • A gang with a good amount of members
    • 5 hours of online time (to enter the base)
    • A lot of food or other healing items
    • A good melee (less needed)
    • Proper practice before entering a base
    • A lot of patience (gang/raids/taking a base/etc.)

5) What will I gain?
    Every once in a while the nearby shops will reward you with an amount of gralats (varying on area/no. of members/and other). Amounts can be as low as 10 gralats or as high as 100 gralats
    But that's not all of the rewards.
    When you base, your gang earns basing hours and is therefore rewarding based on their amount of hours
    Current rewards:
    1. 2000 hours: A unique hat for the leader and 6 other members he chooses
    2. 4000 hours: a secret gang hideout which anyone can enter, contains 3 rooms (including a private room for gangs and allies)
    3. 6000 hours: +3 rooms to your gang hideout. In the private room, a grab version of the first hat will be added (worn temporary)
    4. 10000 hours: Another unique hat for the leader and 4 others, 10 other members get the first hat
    5. 15000 hours: a gun skin (for the most popular gun in the gang)
    6. 17500 hours: the leader and 14 members get a new hat (permanent). It is also added to the gang hideout (temporary)
    7. 22500 hours: +1 room to the gang hideout
    8. 25000 hours: a custom melee to the leader and 14 other members
    9. 30000 hours: a custom gas mask to the leader and 14 other members
    10. 35000 hours: another unique gun skin to the gang (most used gun)
    11. 40000 hours: another gas mask for the leader and 14 other members
    12. 45000 hours: +1 room to the gang hideout
    13. 50000 hours: a healing melee for the leader and 9 other members
    14. 55000 hours: another gun skin for the gang

Yeah you can gain all from that from basing, in addition to being a well known and feared gang.

6) What are some weapon recommendations?
    For melees, mostly anything works, just make sure to pick a quick melee to break doors/take the base. It is not recommended to use melees to kill other players unless they are lagging.
    As for guns things can be complicated. Here are some recommendations based on the most popular suggestions in the gun market.
    • For beginners: ACR (12k), M16 (15k), Dart Gun (10k tickets at Arcade), XM25 (20k tickets at Arcade)
    • For intermediates: M4 (55k). Optional: M4 attachment (45k). PDW (70k). AK74u SD (35 EC). Artillery cannon (27 EC)
    • For professionals: Shipka (120k). PBP shotgun (125k). Metal Storm (150k). BAR (200k). Minigun (200k - not recommended). Flamethrower (100 EC)

Please make sure to add gun recommendations as this list is incomplete and would use some improvement.

7) Any advice for basing?
    Work cooperatively with your gang, try to ally or be in peace with other gangs for backup, create a sub tag to keep your loyal members in, kick un-ranked players if they are offline for more recruiting space, establish an easy way to communicate with ranks (discord/kik). And most importantly keep healing as dying can give the enemy a chance to take the flag.
    * Important note: make sure to avoid trash talking other gangs. This can actually make you avoid wars and will make your gang look less toxic *
    Make sure to drop any other advice in the comments

I know this guide is far away from complete, which is why feedback would be great for this post. Keep in mind that this guide is intended for beginners.
    Thank you for reading!

wonderful article, add [img] and [/img.] without the dot for the photos so they dont look like a link

Last edited by Joeyaudi1; 06-15-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

+ rep
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

definition should be

basing is a contest of having more allies and who ever becomes the gang that befriends each major gang can hold any base for as long as they want and any small gangs who try to say otherwise gets a handful of allies thrown at their face

nice thread tho

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    definition should be

basing is a contest of having more allies and who ever becomes the gang that befriends each major gang can hold any base for as long as they want and any small gangs who try to say otherwise gets a handful of allies thrown at their face

nice thread tho
    funny
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    definition should be

nice thread tho
    i mean, you're not false lol. Yeah but recently allies can't help in bases as they'll get killed like normal enemies.
    thanks tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    wonderful article, add [img] and [/img.] without the dot for the photos so they dont look like a link
    thanks joey. i've been trying to figure that out because i forgot how to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    i tried. how ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTM View Post
    i tried. how ;-;
    1. First open the image in a new tab in your browser where it's all by it itself.
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/attachm...9&d=1529091063

2. Copy or cut the URL

3. Paste the image's URL into the post box and put [IMG] and [/IMG] (like this: [IMG]imageURL[/IMG])
    Ta-da!
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Nice guide. But may be pretty useless since we all here are mostly experienced players/veterans,

Btw, fix rewards because the new basing system will change them

Quote Originally Posted by Wast View Post
    Btw, fix rewards because the new basing system will change them
    As soon as they are changed I'll fix them. Any link to the new reward system though?

Nice