Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GST 2018 - Map & Updates

Manager

GST 2018 - Map & Updates

Hey guys - i finished the map a couple days ago (created a layout, and finished the levels for it in game), and thought it'd be a good idea to post the layout for it so you can all begin creating strategies for it. Just to clarify, this will be MPX gun only - no other weapons will work.

Also - there will be a ping limit. If your ping spikes above 800 three or more times, you will be auto-kicked from the arena.

Here's the layout for the GST Map:

GST Layout.png

If something is red, that means you can shoot through it.

Additional Info
    - I'll be posting brackets later this weekend, so look out for that (i'll just bolt it onto the end of this thread).
    - Also, here's a little glimpse inside the arena to get an idea of the size (visuals may change in the final version): GST Size.png
    - If there's anything you dislike about it let me know (via comments here) - as long as it's constructive and not just a vague statement with limited context behind it i'll take it into account and make modifications in accordance to it.
    - Map Layout updated (can't shoot through some walls you could previously shoot through)

Brackets

The brackets this year work the same as last year (continually intensify).
    Here's a summary of how they work: Brackets Layout.png

Auto Qualified Gangs:
    1. Flushy - Not participating
    2. Curse
    3. Tetris
    4. iFreeze

Base Battle:
    1. Broken Myth
    2. TryHarderr
    3: Blacke
    4: R1p - DISQUALIFIED

5: Fin
    6: Meg0rb

7: Combat

Gang Spar:
    1: Segra
    2: Shrekt

3: Hoodrat

4: PurpleAlien

5: SaltTeam6ix
    6: Zenon

Brackets
    - As flushy is not competing, an additional spot was given to Base Battle (significantly higher score for 7th place bb in comparison to 7th place gs)
    - The first match would have been Auto Qual 1 (Flushy) vs BB 6 (Meg0rb), however as Flushy isn't competing it was changed to Combat vs Meg0rb.

Here are the final brackets: GST Brackets New.png

In word form for those who don't have an account, these will be the first matches:

1. Combat vs Meg0rb
    2. TryHarderr vs Hoodrat
Segra vs R1p

4. iFreeze vs SaltTeam6ix

5. Tetris vs Fin

6. Broken Myth vs PurpleAlien 

7. Shrekt vs Blacke

8. Curse vs Zenon

GST Date

The GST will be held on the 21st of July - 5PM GMT + 1 (London Time)
    If any unexpected circumstances occur then the date may shift slightly, however that is very unlikely.

To check when the GST is for you, use: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

- Note: Time changed from Sunday to Saturday, as in some time-zones 5PM GMT + 1 is quite late (+ a lot of people have school / work the next day)

Flags
    As per usual - this year we will have purchasable flags that players may buy and use to show support for their favourite GST Team.

However this year gangs will be able to create their own flags, as long as:

1. The flag fits the flag template:
(the flag must be contained within this, the only thing that is allowed to be edited is the rectangle highlighted in white, also do not resize the flag).

2. The flag is appropriate (nothing vulgar or offensive in any way, cannot contain copyrighted material).

3. The flag contains the gang name in a clear and well sized format.

The deadline for sending me your flag is the 14th of July.
    If you fail to send me your flags by this date then your gang will be given a default flag. (basic flag with gang name and leader’s head).

Once your flag is complete, the leader of the gang should contact me (pm in game) and i will approve the flag if it meets the above criteria. 

Flag template: Flag.jpg

Rosters

Please note - the final team rosters must be sent to me by the 15th of July latest (12 members, max 4 subs).
    A PM has been sent to each leader with submission info.

Include the GraalID of your member, or specify their current name in the gang (this must be the name they use for GST).

Disqualified:
    - R1p: Disqualified as gang was disbanded, and re-created by someone who attempted to sell the spots.

GST Rewards:

Basic Rewards: 5 EC per round. GST 2018 Participation Badge. Access to the GST qualified gangs lobby for 1 year.

1st: Hat (Protects against gas), choice of custom melee or custom MPX gun skin, custom hideout (3 levels), 1st place trophy, 30 EC extra PER member.
    2nd: Hat (Doesn't protect against gas), 2nd place trophy, 25 EC extra PER member.
    3rd: 3rd place trophy, 20 EC extra PER member.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Junz; 07-20-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Leveler
    Nice

Gj but I think these red walls are too much

That bottom centre/ red portion looks like it will cause a mad dash to get a control of since there’s a long hallway between the two sides that makes it easy to spam through. Maybe a wall or two to prevent mindless spam?

Can we get hit by the red parts if we have a stand off like at top or no damage.
    I know we can shoot trough them but can they do damage if we stand off?

i dont like how the walls marg pointed out are so far back, you dont want to stay that far back, and mid there is no cover, the walls are useless.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by A Player View Post
    i dont like how the walls marg pointed out are so far back, you dont want to stay that far back, and mid there is no cover, the walls are useless.
    It's not for an initial position.
    They're for if you get pushed back; they're pretty much a final stand point for bot, before rotating up.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Minix Revla View Post
    Can we get hit by the red parts if we have a stand off like at top or no damage.
    I know we can shoot trough them but can they do damage if we stand off?
    All 1 block walls work the same, if you're touching them and the side is shot, you will take damage

Try making the mid zone less cramp? Kinda hard to dodge when its so small and cramp
    Adopt one today!

the arena shouldve been made vertical not horizontal it's very unfair