Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Incentive ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    nah nah nah heres whatcha gotta do.
    be toxic towards them. ez
    Depends on the situation I guess. Sometimes they do want that reaction and they find it entertaining so RUIN THEIR MOOD

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Depends on the situation I guess. Sometimes they do want that reaction and they find it entertaining so RUIN THEIR MOOD
    I think If I say X is alive they will block me. There that?s all it takes
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post
    Are you still a PR? you have so much hatred for the community..
    I've been resigning and coming back due real life problems, but it made me see both parties and compare them. Also don't forget that even PRs are part of the community because we also have a connection to the game through players, and we PRs also have player accounts.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Finally someone that isn?t a crybaby

- - - Updated - - -

I just do it for fun lmao

Zany
    Sorry about the stupid question mark glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Yes I agree with your take on this and I thank your effort for raising this up.

However, you have failed to consider the fact that the current administration is one which majority of the players do not have a faith in. The fact that they refuse help to players who has had their accounts revoked for no apparent reason despite concealing this refusing in "toonslab support" only goes to show they lack accountability.

I do not want to discourage you, and in fact I have some ideas we could use to incentivise good behaviour. But all these are only possible if the administration can prove itself to be an accountable one - if they themselves cannot even provide clear justifications to the unjust banning of players, why trust that they would implement any of these ideas to better the community?

The fact that the community is in such a pitiful plight only goes to show the efforts of the administration. Maybe the upper echelons are there to deceive or keep the current admins in the dark about all these sudden removal of player accounts , which explains little objection to what the management did, but the fact that these have yet to be accounted for only deepens my belief that this administration will not go far in making the community a better place.

And permabans are just part of the story. No one has to this day offered sound explanation as to why Kirzey and Anero have been permabanned despite their contributions to the game. As someone who believes in meritocracy I believe their work in the game does not in any way warrant such treatment.

That said, its not that I don't take what you've said seriously, but untill the administration proves itself to be taken seriously, don't expect much of any ideas this thread is going to generate to materialise. you're just doing a mob appeal.
    You completely took that off the deep end; this thread in itself has absolutely nothing to do with staff, faith in staff, and the small percentage of staff that are (and can be) permabanning. The decision to help toxicity is the players?, not the staffs?.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    But anyway, since you're so keen on getting this solved, I shall offer you some explanations based on research why they behave like that. Hopefully it'll help you think of an idea, but whether or not the administration accepts it is another story.

1. Thinking cyber name calling/swearing etc is okay
    Players think its okay because they are used to doing so to their friends (real life/in graal) in the form of self-endearment. Its basically banter that both parties understand and accept (which goes to explain why some are not reported when they do so in game, and therefore go unpunished). Since they go unpunished/their friends accept, they develop this into a habit based upon the assumption that everyone whom they interact with will accept, so they think its okay.

2. Cyberbullying/harassment/ breaking the rules/ being toxic
    part 1:
    Accept the fact that its a virtual world and every one is concealed behind a screen, their avatars no reflective of their personal self. No personal ego/reputation is at stake (that is, if I offend the world in era, no one will no me irl) so there is no incentive for them to behave properly. If my identity is hidden, even if I harass someone, no one is going to shame me irl, nor will anyone know about it irl so why would I care? Because of a lack of inclination to values and proper conduct in the virtual world since they take on another identity, they tend to behave differently from their usual self. Trust me, most of the people who swear at you in game won't dare to do it irl.

Part 2: since its everyone takes on a new identity, there is no difference in irl status/age. A kid can swear at an adult in game through the avatar, but won't do it irl because they are anonymous, which boosts their audacity to do such things. A kid who has been constantly disciplined to do the right thing irl will find him or herself with freedom in the game, and so will attempt to do whatever they don't get to do irl. (just like how you'd go on a food frenzy if you have been deprived of food for days).

Hope it helps.
    Well, I appreciate your ideas, but considering you?ve brutally harassed me before I struggle to take it seriously. Nonetheless, you?re not wrong about the ?hiding behind the screen?, but I think my point is also being missed; I don?t think it will all go poof, and normal ?bashing? and non directed cursing and things of that nature aren?t what I mean at all. I?m talking about death threats, flat out cursing others out, and other threats/?actual? harassment. Anyways, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    It’s impossible to make them disappear but “we” can lessen them by:
    -hiring more active PRs
    -if a huge amount of players decided to ignore them or give them the opposite reaction of what they want, they’ll eventually realize what they’re doing is stupid or they won’t be enjoying it

I want to clear up the fact that I never suggested it would “disappear”. Merely, I’m just trying to move towards improvement. But yea, I see what you’re saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post
    In a game where we kill eachother words hurt more than the bullets

Cry me a river this isn't politically correct era

- - - Updated - - -

If this was reddit i would make multiple accounts just to upvote this

- - - Updated - - -

Are you still a PR? you have so much hatred for the community..

- - - Updated - - -

What you're describing isn't toxicity, rudeness maybe.. You're not entitled to anything for helping people out the sooner u understand that the more enjoyment you'll get out of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what a toxic player REALLY is:
    1. Someone complaining on teamates, over things his teamates cant do anything about, making it unnesecary flaming.
    2.Someone who is constantly griefing, damaging, or missusing chat.
    3.A player who can never take the blame on himself and so lashes out negatively to others.
    4. An abusive player.
    “Politically correct Era”? Not my idea; once again, toxicity is when you?re getting threatened, when you?re getting cursed out, racism. You can?t force someone to suck it up when something like that happens. I?ve been tracked down to my city before, given multiple death threats, among other things. If you think that?s okay, okay. That?s your opinion; but do you have any ideas instead of saying what you?re saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chocofly View Post
    This is the internet. A place where everyone, can be anyone they want.
    The guy was being a deck in an online game. It happens. It's real life. Not everyone has to be nice to you.

The community is made up of pre teens, not primarily "older" people. (20s etc)

You can't force a way of thinking for people, to create " A better community "

What is a better community? A community in which everyone is happy? Creating a false state of reality?
    It's forced.

Someone said something mean, I suggest ignoring.

" And don't throw the "It's my right to say what I want!" argument at me; that right, like ALL rights, comes with limits. "
    The right for free-speech doesn't have any limits. It's to say whatever you want. And the best thing about the internet, you can say anything you want back. Or just block them. Etc.

I've been called a few vulgur slurs for supporting someone I look up to, which happens to be the President of the US.
    But I man up, and ignore. It's life.
    I understand that, I?m not trying to be Snow White here. I?m talking about pure harassment; threats, being cursed out (multiple pms of just that), racism. Not the simple and considered okay things. Thanks for responding anyways

Also, your freedom of speech does have limits. Hence why you’re punished for verbally abusing others; racism, threats and similar things are not exception to that. If you abuse your speech freedom and therefore impede on another’s freedoms, yours are limited. Research it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    It?s just a game, stop being a crybaby. They don?t actually mean it because they?re trolls.
    If you don?t care about my thread, then don?t respond. Actually read it and what I mean if you’re going to respond.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I was a bit snippy but there were way too many misunderstandings. Read my above ^ reply to clear things up. To summarize, this isn’t to find a complete be all and end all, this isn’t a staff based thing, and “toxicity” is referring to threats, racism, and severe verbal abuse (which is all too common).

I appreciate all responses nonetheless.

- - -
    Words aren’t just words. Words can change someone’s life. Words can create little to huge problems. Words can cause civil wars or wars in general...

- - - Updated - - -

The US has a high crime rate “violent crimes per 10,000 people across the entire population (not specifically those with or without disabilities). The U.S. average violent crime rate is 38.8 with a range of 12.4 in Maine to 120.6 in the District of Columbia. Of the cities examined, Detroit, Memphis and Baltimore have the highest violent crime rates, with rates that are over four times the national average.”

I’m pretty sure the UK is way lower comparing to the US... UK isn’t failing at all

Words are just words.

If words effect you, then that's YOUR problem. You can't censor every human on planet earth, because A few people grew up with rainbows and marshmallows.

From someone who's witnessing the UK's failure, trust me. It's failing.
    Here are just a few example.

We have a shortage of police. YET, the police spend enough time to arrest over 3000 people for stuff said on the internet.
    NHS is failing.
    London just over took New York with crime.
    Teenagers are walking around the streets stabbing people, nothing being done.
    No free speech.
    Immigrants are being shipped here in the thousands, when we can't handle them.
    We have a government who still hasen't gone through with Britain leaving the EU.
    Every party, except UKIP, are soft, useless and pretend as if being gay is the best thing that as ever happend.

No one is disciplined.
    Which is why we have millennials fighting to get their rights removed.
    Words affect everyone including you

- - - Updated - - -

Why are these people getting arrested? Trash talking the royal family..? Cursing the government?

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Sorry about the stupid question mark glitch.

You completely took that off the deep end; this thread in itself has absolutely nothing to do with staff, faith in staff, and the small percentage of staff that are (and can be) permabanning. The decision to help toxicity is the players?, not the staffs?.

Well, I appreciate your ideas, but considering you?ve brutally harassed me before I struggle to take it seriously. Nonetheless, you?re not wrong about the ?hiding behind the screen?, but I think my point is also being missed; I don?t think it will all go poof, and normal ?bashing? and non directed cursing and things of that nature aren?t what I mean at all. I?m talking about death threats, flat out cursing others out, and other threats/?actual? harassment. Anyways, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to clear up the fact that I never suggested it would ?disappear?. Merely, I?m just trying to move towards improvement. But yea, I see what you?re saying.

- - - Updated - - -

?Politically correct Era?? Not my idea; once again, toxicity is when you?re getting threatened, when you?re getting cursed out, racism. You can?t force someone to suck it up when something like that happens. I?ve been tracked down to my city before, given multiple death threats, among other things. If you think that?s okay, okay. That?s your opinion; but do you have any ideas instead of saying what you?re saying?

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that, I?m not trying to be Snow White here. I?m talking about pure harassment; threats, being cursed out (multiple pms of just that), racism. Not the simple and considered okay things. Thanks for responding anyways

Also, your freedom of speech does have limits. Hence why you?re punished for verbally abusing others; racism, threats and similar things are not exception to that. If you abuse your speech freedom and therefore impede on another?s freedoms, yours are limited. Research it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don?t care about my thread, then don?t respond. Actually read it and what I mean if you?re going to respond.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I was a bit snippy but there were way too many misunderstandings. Read my above ^ reply to clear things up. To summarize, this isn?t to find a complete be all and end all, this isn?t a staff based thing, and ?toxicity? is referring to threats, racism, and severe verbal abuse (which is all too common).

I appreciate all responses nonetheless.
    I don't recall having had any interaction with you over here or having done what you've alleged. And that's out of topic, moreover. PM me if there's any dispute about anything you are unhappy with.

If you are going to start a thread inviting responses that you are going to dismiss using ad hominem and "poisoning the well" logical fallacy, this forum has no place for you. I will say this seriously and I hope my language is not too difficult for you to comprehend.

You are trying to drive at a point in which it is morally worthy to support, but you have disregarded its impracticality and failed to conceive of its feasibility given its current administration. Your suggestion on this is ambitious, with little regard for its feasibility. Many schools are trying to curb this issue and if they can't I don't see why a game can. You do not consider the current administration in implementing your ideas, making this thread derived from pure narrow-mindedness, foolishness and impulsiveness.

Since you have refused to take some of ur responses pertaining to your topic seriously, I see no point in trying to argue with you. What I've pointed out are based on research and are based logically - you can believe it or not, its up to you. I find it absolutely disgusting of a user like you to start a thread only to treat your respondents in such a manner, its an utter disregard for their opinions (which you invited in the first place).

Many of your respondents are providing personal and insightful views on the matter raised and I definitely appreciate their discipline in doing so without any logical fallacy, unlike what you've taken in response to my reply. We are dealing with something serious that concerns the wellbeing of the Era Community and false allegations and logically-flaws arguments will only serve to derail the thread and render ineffective its ability in influencing the ways things are done. I sincerely hope you can take it with the same gravity about it as I do, if you are to continue posting in future.

You only choose to take on ad hominem arguments in dismissing opinions, well if that's the way, then I shall comment no further on this thread.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

And that's your responsibility. If it affects you, it's down to you.

Examples being, someone dancing to a Mexican song, I believe.
    A guy teaching his dog to do an Nazi salute etc.
    Sorry it’s not only my responsibility. When a group gets triggered by racist words and start harassing and stabbing the other group I don’t just sit there and cry..? I or we could prevent it in the first place by using better words CUZ words do affect everything.

I wonder what made a lot of teenagers stab other people? Perhaps they heard words over and over again which got into their minds and promoted it.

Someone dancing to a Mexican song got arrested..? There’s more into this story, maybe they were just investigating or he did more. Why teach a dog that? Or even think of it. What about the other 2998 people they were arrested for no reason?

The worst place in the UK is London cuz a lot of tourists visit it which is easier for robbers to... rob people who don’t belong to the country. But yea police should work on that

An MMO of Era's scale (4000+ active players) is bound to be toxic, and trying to filter out ideas isn't going to change anything. Blocking players is made extremely easy in Graal, so if someone says something you don't like, Block them and carry on. Nobody is going to stop and treat these reports of bad behavior on a case by case basis if there's more pressing reports to be had. You've signed up for the MMO experience with Era, and annoying rude people are unfortunately part of the package, Deal with it.

This is the internet. A place where everyone, can be anyone they want.
    The guy was being a deck in an online game. It happens. It's real life. Not everyone has to be nice to you.

The community is made up of pre teens, not primarily "older" people. (20s etc)

You can't force a way of thinking for people, to create " A better community "

What is a better community? A community in which everyone is happy? Creating a false state of reality?
    It's forced.

Someone said something mean, I suggest ignoring.

" And don't throw the "It's my right to say what I want!" argument at me; that right, like ALL rights, comes with limits. "
    The right for free-speech doesn't have any limits. It's to say whatever you want. And the best thing about the internet, you can say anything you want back. Or just block them. Etc.

I've been called a few vulgur slurs for supporting someone I look up to, which happens to be the President of the US.
    But I man up, and ignore. It's life.
    Amen

Making Era the most politically correct MMO where nobody can say anything bad about themselves is inherently limiting free speech. Take a look at Era PC back in the day, there was a lot of toxic behavior and rivalries in the small community, even death threats weren't uncommon, but because that community is mostly comprised of people in their 20s-30s who have been on the internet for a while, it doesn't bother them because they know they're baseless insults/threats.

TL:DR Grow some thick skin already, nobody wants to limit their free speech because a couple of sensitive people want to be in a safespace bubble. If you can't handle the fact that some people are bound to be annoying or rude, the Internet is not the place for you, and you'd be much better suited for a safe space tumblr blog.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today