Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: House Layouts

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    Didn't think about that, but maybe then just make uploadable houses like the era upload site add a house tab and you attach your levels or what I said originally but after you made it you submit it to admin review if it its accepted as appropriate the house is then published but if they upload something inappropriate or something like that they are punished like with the gang logos.
    Hey Kaz, it's not appropriate for a player to insert their house files as it requires access to the Graal Remote Control, and if you're sending a level over e-mail there is always a slight problem with it not converting properly. The only problem is, we have our Levels Team to provide you with houses. If players were to be entrusted with making their own houses, it requires skill, not only do you need to script NPCs to be able to warp from level to level for doors. Yes, you need different levels if you are basing it off different rooms.

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielCathcart View Post
    Hey Kaz, it's not appropriate for a player to insert their house files as it requires access to the Graal Remote Control, and if you're sending a level over e-mail there is always a slight problem with it not converting properly. The only problem is, we have our Levels Team to provide you with houses. If players were to be entrusted with making their own houses, it requires skill, not only do you need to script NPCs to be able to warp from level to level for doors. Yes, you need different levels if you are basing it off different rooms.
    We wouldn't be using any NPCs really everything could just be bought in furniture.

We wouldn't be using any NPCs really everything could just be bought in furniture.
    What I am stating is, if you were to upload your own houses. You would need to script an NPC that you would touch to move from level to level.

A door for example would be an image NPC. Then, there would be an invis. NPC so when you touch it, it warps you to another level. This is why iEra hires LATs that know a bit of NPC scripting.

Leveler
    What I am stating is, if you were to upload your own houses. You would need to script an NPC that you would touch to move from level to level.

A door for example would be an image NPC. Then, there would be an invis. NPC so when you touch it, it warps you to another level. This is why iEra hires LATs that know a bit of NPC scripting.
    It's not a NPC that warps you lol, it's a level link you make by the level link editor.

It's not a NPC that warps you lol, it's a level link you make by the level link editor.
    Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_4Li4BTnM

Leveler
    I know how you link levels, I've been LAT Staff at a few places now for a while. The level links are not made within NPCs.

how about as others said, we keep it simple. i'll suggest the following system:
    something close to character slots; making a purchase named something like "multiple housing", costing around 2k-4k.
    this purchase should allow you to buy other houses. however, unlike character slots, it'll require you to buy the house slot to switch houses, should be up to 3-5 houses as a maximum.
    knowing that the original house pack costs 3k gralats, purchasing an extra house slot increases the price by 1k, stopping at 5k (4k for a 2nd house slot, 5k for the 3rd, and 5k in case of 4th and 5th slot).
    changing the house slot should have a designated button in the house section costing 50-100 gralats to swap the houses (similar to changing house template)

please take in mind that this idea would require a lot of work and time, while it CAN also toast the server.

however, it is the most suitable and player-like you can ever get based on the ideas you mentioned
    you shouldn't be allowed access into a staff tool on the era server as people can make bad/inappropriate usage of it or can exploit glitches related to it which can cause many problems

I know how you link levels, I've been LAT Staff at a few places now for a while. The level links are not made within NPCs.
    I am not quoting to make a gmap.