Thread: Ideas to deal with macro miners

Somebody you used to know Waiter's Avatar

Post Ideas to deal with macro miners

Mining is the only job which has normal non-luck-based process to get money (except when grinding). When you dig, crabs appear and interrupt, in pizzeria people can steal your oven and table, on mailing you get random locations. It is easy to drill, just tap every 10 sec 4 times and you are done, noone can disrupt you or steal your rocks/spot. Mining is easily macro'ed. That's why I think the process must be changed, some random must be added there too.

I am not very good at explaining big/complex ideas, but I will do my best.

1:
    To mine 1 rock you need 4 taps. Why not randomising it? Making it 3-5 taps required for 1 rock. To ensure that it is still same "mining speed" it can be coded to have a sum of 12 taps for 3 rocks (For example, 1st - 5 taps, 2nd - 4 taps, 3rd- 3 taps. Sum-12 taps).

2:
    Usually we mine and receive only 1 rock at a time. Why not making it random? Sometimes you would get normal rock (would need 4 taps), sometimes you would find medium rock (8 taps, get 2 rocks), and rarely you would get huge rock (12 taps, 3 rocks).

It will be impossible to macro this random. Only if making it overmine all the time, because you never know how many taps you will need. This would lower macro effeciency.

3:
    Why not punishing people for overdrilling same spot where you have just mined a rock? Macro users tend to overdrill the spot before switching to another/turning to different side. For each fail you would need an extra tap to finish the rock, or your drill would get slower by 0.5 - 1 sec. Would be logical, as if your drill is overheating making it dull. Repair of the drill would cost cheap, but that still would be a little punish for macro'ers.
    Since newbies dont know how to mine, this "punish" could be disabled for those who are not level 5+.

Thank you for you attention .

Ideas to deal with macro miners

Your idea is crazy man. Lol punish players above level 5+? Dude we could just make a new account and macro on that and not receive consequences regardless of slow mining speeds. Honestly if I wanted to stop macroers I would just nerf mining, making slower mining speeds and make rocks cheap because the economy for rocks to shells ratio would be screwed
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Your intentions are very good and I agree with the 2nd statement. The 2nd is quite good, but it IS annoying for those whom watch movies (on the device they?re playing on) while mining. Like, I like to watch movies while mining and I know after a set amont of seconds when to press.

I AM mining, just putting my attention on something else between the 9 or so seconds between drillings (I?m lvl 9 or so)

I agree that the 2nd idea likely should be implented as the people who macro simply make it unfair to the players who play fairly.

making it random wouldn't change how people macro.. they could still get away with no matter if theirs a timer

How to macro?

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Waiter View Post
    Mining is the only job which has normal non-luck-based process to get money (except when grinding). When you dig, crabs appear and interrupt, in pizzeria people can steal your oven and table, on mailing you get random locations. It is easy to drill, just tap every 10 sec 4 times and you are done, noone can disrupt you or steal your rocks/spot. Mining is easily macro'ed. That's why I think the process must be changed, some random must be added there too.

I am not very good at explaining big/complex ideas, but I will do my best.

1:
    To mine 1 rock you need 4 taps. Why not randomising it? Making it 3-5 taps required for 1 rock. To ensure that it is still same "mining speed" it can be coded to have a sum of 12 taps for 3 rocks (For example, 1st - 5 taps, 2nd - 4 taps, 3rd- 3 taps. Sum-12 taps).

2:
    Usually we mine and receive only 1 rock at a time. Why not making it random? Sometimes you would get normal rock (would need 4 taps), sometimes you would find medium rock (8 taps, get 2 rocks), and rarely you would get huge rock (12 taps, 3 rocks).

It will be impossible to macro this random. Only if making it overmine all the time, because you never know how many taps you will need. This would lower macro effeciency.

3:
    Why not punishing people for overdrilling same spot where you have just mined a rock? Macro users tend to overdrill the spot before switching to another/turning to different side. For each fail you would need an extra tap to finish the rock, or your drill would get slower by 0.5 - 1 sec. Would be logical, as if your drill is overheating making it dull. Repair of the drill would cost cheap, but that still would be a little punish for macro'ers.
    Since newbies dont know how to mine, this "punish" could be disabled for those who are not level 5+.

Thank you for you attention .
    i. Grinding itsn't luck based. There's a certain ratio of minerals that you're bound to get- only looks random bc you only do small batches at a time. Once you keep track of them and extrapolate your data, the answer is there and it's always going to be pretty constant.

ii. Mining is based on linearity and the time it takes to level up is the time it takes for people like me to adjust to the timer between the taps and accurately tap when needed. Randomizing would literally destroy the purpose of learning how to mine efficiently without killing your batteries and experienced miners would be reduced to spam tapping like noobs. No one likes a job that requires them to spam tap especially when the job progression is brutal.

iii. Your idea for a "small, medium, large" rock wouldn't even be needed if you put random timers for the rocks in the first place. Also, it would destroy the linearity of mining that I was talking about earlier. You might as well just ask for some rocks to require more taps, which would serve the same purpose, but it would destroy the whole "4 tap" system.

iv. Your argument that "Only if making it overmine all the time, because you never know how many taps you will need. This would lower macro effeciency." I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but if I'm understanding it correctly, this would also be a double edged sword for actual legit miners since we would be spam tapping the drill bc we don't know when the timer is, which will increase the chance for us to get the "Nothing here to mine" message, which makes mining even worse. Macro efficiency might go down, but so would the actual job process as this would provide a hindrance to it.

v. This "punish system" is dumb bc the current system has it so that if you "overmine", you have to wait the amount of time it takes between taps to start a new rock pile. Lots of high level miners make mistakes even when the current system is pretty linear to begin with and putting this "punish" system would piss off everyone, especially when level 95+ miners need to click/ tap rapidly to get their rocks, which increases their "Nothing here to mine" message chances.

vi. Your suggestions does absolute **** against PC players.

vii. Your suggestions also does absolute **** against macros who are PC based.