Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to become a Player Relations?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    There is hope for margadosh.
    My warning for using gas launcher ruined all my chances man

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    My warning for using gas launcher ruined all my chances man
    That's F up man warned for using a gun you EARNT
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

Zany
    Along with a lot of the great and extremely accurate points failure made, I think one more extremely important value would be extreme patience and thick skin. PR is admittedly the hardest staff job which is contrary to what many players think; after all, they just sit at start, answer pms, and do reports. The thing is, the job is extremely intense.

High expectations and many generalizations are put on PRs, practically setting them up for failure. You?re not seen as human, just an answer machine who does as they?re told. If one PR or staff does something wrong or is abusive, so are you. So all it takes is a player not getting what they want before you?re considered no more than dirt. You can?t take it to heart (I?m very sensitive and anxious so I struggled with that for a bit, but it?s more so the idea that people think it?s okay to treat another like that that bothers me) or else you show weakness and it?s used against you. While hosting events, PRs sometimes get absolutely tormented. My second time hosting, I messed up, and got cursed out and threatened to no ends. But through things like that, threats to do this and that, angry players that don?t think they should?ve been gagged or warned, and bandwagons, you have to stay calm and collected. You can?t react or else things get worse. And trust me, in many situations, that takes all the self restraint you have. There are times when you have to handle heavy harassment while dealing with reports, lots of pms, uploads, questions, among other various things that come with those duties. And you can?t let your human-ness show through or it is used against you.

That goes with maturity. Not retaliating, not talking back, not indulging, not arguing, not punishing out of spite- you need to have self control and extreme maturity, a good sense of right from wrong, and appropriate reaction from inappropriate reaction.

Patience also goes with acceptance. Bias isn’t an option; you have to respect every player who talks to you. They may treat you like garbage but you still must respond with respect. You can’t get angry at a player who doesn’t respond right away, or doesn’t understand what you’re saying or explaining, or spams you. You can’t be impatient with someone who may be more sensitive, new, or from a country apart from your own. You can’t generalize players racially, culturally, or by experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Along with a lot of the great and extremely accurate points failure made, I think one more extremely important value would be extreme patience and thick skin. PR is admittedly the hardest staff job which is contrary to what many players think; after all, they just sit at start, answer pms, and do reports. The thing is, the job is extremely intense.

High expectations and many generalizations are put on PRs, practically setting them up for failure. You?re not seen as human, just an answer machine who does as they?re told. If one PR or staff does something wrong or is abusive, so are you. So all it takes is a player not getting what they want before you?re considered no more than dirt. You can?t take it to heart (I?m very sensitive and anxious so I struggled with that for a bit, but it?s more so the idea that people think it?s okay to treat another like that that bothers me) or else you show weakness and it?s used against you. While hosting events, PRs sometimes get absolutely tormented. My second time hosting, I messed up, and got cursed out and threatened to no ends. But through things like that, threats to do this and that, angry players that don?t think they should?ve been gagged or warned, and bandwagons, you have to stay calm and collected. You can?t react or else things get worse. And trust me, in many situations, that takes all the self restraint you have. There are times when you have to handle heavy harassment while dealing with reports, lots of pms, uploads, questions, among other various things that come with those duties. And you can?t let your human-ness show through or it is used against you.

That goes with maturity. Not retaliating, not talking back, not indulging, not arguing, not punishing out of spite- you need to have self control and extreme maturity, a good sense of right from wrong, and appropriate reaction from inappropriate reaction.

Patience also goes with acceptance. Bias isn’t an option; you have to respect every player who talks to you. They may treat you like garbage but you still must respond with respect. You can’t get angry at a player who doesn’t respond right away, or doesn’t understand what you’re saying or explaining, or spams you. You can’t be impatient with someone who may be more sensitive, new, or from a country apart from your own. You can’t generalize players racially, culturally, or by experience.
    PR Isn't the hardest staff role lol you just sit there on start or on astro on stealth and wait for players to swear to gag, ignore 80% of the events/harassment pms and ignore the question pms aswell, being inactive is part of that role
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    PR Isn't the hardest staff role lol you just sit there on start or on astro on stealth and wait for players to swear to gag, ignore 80% of the events/harassment pms and ignore the question pms aswell, being inactive is part of that role
    If a PRs job isnt hard then they arent doing it properly.
    Era's standard of PRs is way too low, however it seems to find a way of getting rid of every good PR its had.
    once the standard of PRs has increased im sure the communities opinion will differ
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Era's standard of PRs is way too low, however it seems to find a way of getting rid of every good PR its had.
    once the standard of PRs has increased im sure the communities opinion will differ
    Lol it isn’t hard

Lol i am mad at myself for starting this thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCathcart View Post
    Lol i am mad at myself for starting this thread
    It’s ok

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Just like cancer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Just like cancer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No u