Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to become a Player Relations?

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Anyone can become a PR, autistic or otherwise.

All I meant to say is that I personally place a lot of value into communication skills. I am not a PRA, but communication is what I personally think one of the most important aspects of PR work is.

I can’t speak as to why you weren’t hired. I don’t deny that you appear mature and effective at communication. While I personally place a lot of value into communication, I do not think that it is the only quality that makes an effective PR. Warnings show a history of poor behavior, maturity shows that someone would be able to withstand the kind of harassment some staff members get, etc. All together, there are probably countless qualities that would make the perfect PR, no single quality can determine if someone will be a good PR.
    I understand. So, it’s likely just based off the fact that I was EXTREMELY immature and got into trouble a lot a few years back that I wasn’t hired?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    I understand. So, it’s likely just based off the fact that I was EXTREMELY immature and got into trouble a lot a few years back that I wasn’t hired?
    Yes, you could hardly be trusted or some memorize what you’ve done so they don’t want u in the team. You sometimes blame ur mistakes on having autism but I don’t think they’ll let u pass with that excuse if u were ever hired and broke a rule or so

Tell the truth, don’t make outrageous lies just to get hired (such as saying that you can be on for 12 hours a day everyday, it would be insane if you could actually do that).
    I used to PK/play at least 10 hour a day lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    Well, I can’t say if that was the main reason since I am not a PRA, didn’t read your application, and don’t know the exact severity of your warning history. But I wouldn’t let a bad warning history discourage anyone from applying. People change. Don’t hold me to this, but some staff members might be willing to hire people with some warns if it was a long enough time ago. Just make sure you read the requirements for the application (if it says no more than 3 warnings period, and you have 4, don’t apply. If it says no more than 2 warns in the past two years and you have three from four years ago and one from around a year ago, go ahead and apply). Just be weary that any warn history can be a bit of an obstacle, but it doesn’t totally prevent you from being hired.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yes, you could hardly be trusted or some memorize what you’ve done so they don’t want u in the team. You sometimes blame ur mistakes on having autism but I don’t think they’ll let u pass with that excuse if u were ever hired and broke a rule or so

Yes I know I broke rules many years back, but I unfortunately cannot change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can’t say if that was the main reason since I am not a PRA, didn’t read your application, and don’t know the exact severity of your warning history. But I wouldn’t let a bad warning history discourage anyone from applying. People change. Don’t hold me to this, but some staff members might be willing to hire people with some warns if it was a long enough time ago. Just make sure you read the requirements for the application (if it says no more than 3 warnings period, and you have 4, don’t apply. If it says no more than 2 warns in the past two years and you have three from four years ago and one from around a year ago, go ahead and apply). Just be weary that any warn history can be a bit of an obstacle, but it doesn’t totally prevent you from being hired.
    Thank you for that reassurance. I sincerely hope that a staff member will let me on the team one day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    I used to PK/play at least 10 hour a day lol
    Everyday? Including during the school year and stuff?

This actually brings up another point for me: being able to multitask and juggle responsibilities is important too. PRs should be able to juggle different situations with different players at the same time. I think it’s important to find a balance between working as a PR and handling real life responsibilities too. I would much rather prefer someone who can juggle different things at a time to someone who devotes all of their time to graal. What happens if something more important comes upon life? They might not be able to find a balance and their PR work could suffer greatly as they get distracted with other issues. (I’m not saying you’d be a bad PR if you spend that much time on graal, I just think it’s important to know how to balance things, please dont get offended or hate me)

Simply being active and having no experience or an idea about the game being bad at what you are doing requirements of prs now days updated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot which house was it but I think it's either Junz's public House or Ben's public House in it there's a room that shows the requirements of PRs, also in Ben's house there's a really cool "Gun testing area" where you can view a limited amount of guns being used.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Everyday? Including during the school year and stuff?

This actually brings up another point for me: being able to multitask and juggle responsibilities is important too. PRs should be able to juggle different situations with different players at the same time. I think it’s important to find a balance between working as a PR and handling real life responsibilities too. I would much rather prefer someone who can juggle different things at a time to someone who devotes all of their time to graal. What happens if something more important comes upon life? They might not be able to find a balance and their PR work could suffer greatly as they get distracted with other issues. (I’m not saying you’d be a bad PR if you spend that much time on graal, I just think it’s important to know how to balance things, please dont get offended or hate me)
    Yes but in school days I played less cuz I was too busy sleeping all day zzz
    I think balancing graal and real life isn’t that hard. It’s clearly fine for prs not to log every single day.
    2 hours a day sounds ok but if you’re too busy w school or uni you can resign until you’re done

Read Zany thread I believe her name is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    But I wouldn?t let a bad warning history discourage anyone from applying. People change. Don?t hold me to this, but some staff members might be willing to hire people with some warns if it was a long enough time ago.
    There is hope for margadosh.