Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improvements in-game to increase player count

Improvements in-game to increase player count

As most of you would know, this game's player count has been decreasing over the years. From around 5-6k players to the low 1-2k players nowadays. This thread is to discuss and look at the reasons why this happened and how to increase the player population to a healthy count again. (Numbers may not be accurate due to my horrible memory.)

Firstly, I want to look at several reasons why the players have quit era.

The first reason is that the game has little to no development of the map. In the past, era had many developments and add-ons to the map such as different secret locations, shops, places in general. This kept a healthy playercount as many still kept interest in new places/things to discover. Personally, I feel that the secret locations are one of the main unique things about this game. However, in recent years, the game has not been adding new content to the game. This is one of the major problems for the lost of players, they get bored of the same map, the same places. Although the game has added new places at popular areas, not much has been done for the "rural" areas of the map.

The second reason is that the game does not have a working and efficient feedback system. The only way which I know how to feedback to the game is through admins (although they ignore you for most of the time). This has been a problem from the start. People are expecting updates to the game, updates appear but it doesn't interest them. This leads to more complaints about the updates and more people quitting because of the unreasonable and irrelevant updates. And more quit because they struggled to voice out their ideas/complaints.

The third reason is that era is lacking care for the new players. Just to put it in perspective, Graal Era has 1 million downloads, but it only has 1-2k players playing it at once. I always wondered why there would be a lack of people playing the game. This is because the game does absolutely nothing to help the new players progress. Personally, I was a 2010 player, it started out hard as I did not know what to do at all. However, when my cousin helped me get my basics right, such as the correct way to do jobs and gave me some free items to start he game. I could be more flexible on what goals I was going to go for and how to do it efficiently. I see all the noob characters with the green hat at the starting area (the hospital where you unstick yourself to). I barely see any going any further than that. It is incredibly difficult to progress on this grindy game, most would then rely on paying for gralats. But the new players would not know what they were buying gralats for and would not risk wasting money on the game. Thus, most quit not knowing what to do and where to get things.

Now that I have pointed out the reasons why player count is decreasing, I will discuss on my opinion on how to have a stable and healthy number of players.

1. Get rid of unnecessary/not used places and/or add more places for quests and shops.

2. Add a feedback system. A more efficient one. A suggestion is to add rewards for good ideas, if people spam/misuse the feedback system, warn/jail/ ban them from the feedback system. Another suggestion for constructive feedback is allow players with a certain amount of hours to give their feedback.

3. Give starting players a better tutorial/more help/ more decent starting rewards. I know that some users would exploit this, and redownload accounts, maybe increase the amount of time a player can enter the trading house.

This is my opinion. If you have any disputes with it please share it so that we can address everything.

I've taken the time to write out an essay. Please consider the ideas here.

It could help you get more money @Unixmad.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasonalMan View Post
    It could help you get more money @Unixmad.
    LMFAODJDJSHRG MY MAN

No but seriously, the game is stale af. I quit for a year or so, came back last week, and all that?s really changed since then is this Plasma Corp thing being added which requires you to have no life to acquire the rewards much like the Multiplex does...

If you think about it, every aspect of this game requires you to spend a significant amount of time indoors grinding out in whatever you do, wether it?s sparring, digging, pking everything takes so long and it?s a huge problem. Yes people will do it because they want that item so badly but a lot won?t, doing the same thing for days and days on end just leads to boredom and pair that with the slow introduction of new but under-average content and it will just lead to a painful death for Era in the end.

I know a lot of people used to say stuff about snk when he was running this game but he sure did a hell of a lot more for it and there were so many more players back then. It?s a shame really.

Leveler
    This will happen, when I'm LAT

so never pl0x add this pl0xx

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post

If*

Also I do agree with you, I myself was quite lost as in what to do after that tutorial, I'd feel more prepared if they would've told me what I might encounter in advance something like "you're about to step in an open world where everyone is an actual person playing (and the rest are robots called NPCs) your goals are very vast, players might be rude, in that case report them using the report button bla bla bla." something like that, something to prepare us for what to come or give us a general conclusion before stepping in the outside world
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    If*

Also I do agree with you, I myself was quite lost as in what to do after that tutorial, I'd feel more prepared if they would've told me what I might encounter in advance something like "you're about to step in an open world where everyone is an actual person playing (and the rest are robots called NPCs) your goals are very vast, players might be rude, in that case report them using the report button bla bla bla." something like that, something to prepare us for what to come or give us a general conclusion before stepping in the outside world
    Ooo yea I thought I could remove everyone who I haven’t added off the map by enabling pms from friends only. I could barely speak English ok

Unban chem
    Unnerf guns

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Is sam still alive? I haven't heard of him since all the hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    Unban chem
    Unnerf guns
    Envoy? de mon SM-G530T en utilisant Tapatalk

i agree they should at least add how to dig and much more to the tutorial it self.. when i started of there wasn't even one (i think) and i was left walking around not knowing what to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    If*

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Ooo yea I thought I could remove everyone who I haven’t added off the map by enabling pms from friends only. I could barely speak English ok
    We all had our confusing times hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post

Be optimistic.

Anyway, any opinions on my other suggestions?

I agree with the reason 1 and 3 because when I started the game in 2014 my cousin taught me how to play and the basic jobs. The tutorial hasn't changed from 2010 so it just contains some basics which were helpful in only 2010..
    It has 1 million+ downloads but people install it and then uninstall it because of confusion. Old players are also quitting because of the same map and all. Back there when I started they kept adding new free hats at secret places and it was fun finding the hats. They should also bring the staff birthday house back. The new people have nothing to do for fun they just have to work.