Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Admin Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    **This thread is not meant to cause any drama or problems between members. This is simply supposed to be a discussion/debate about a topic that some can find controversial, so I ask you not to lash out at anyone or hell, even harass them because of their opinion on the matter, it's just unneeded.

I also will be referring to everyone on the Staff as admins as it makes it easier.**

It's been obvious that Era players haven't been happy with the past 2 or 3 years of the game's existence. People are constantly complaining about the game not meeting their expectations and riots happening in Start or players throwing shade at PR and PRAs and developers simply because of an item they didn't like has increased drastically.

It's okay not to like something, that's 100% fine. What you enjoy and don't enjoy is subjective and nothing can change it. The problem comes with the sheer amount of harassment I can imagine these people get. They can't say a word without someone regurgitating the point of "eRa iS dEaD aDmInS aRe sTuPid," not realizing the other factors that play into the mass believed decline of the game.

These people (the admins) have lives outside of Era. Graal is NOT a job and these people are human beings. They still have to do things that can keep them from focusing their lives on the game, which is totally understandable. The people who are constantly complaining about the faults of Era is that, to be honest, nobody has control of it. It's just a matter of circumstance, and that events happen in the admin's lives which may cause them from either putting in their all or even being there to put in that effort.

Frankly, I don't like the direction the game has been going either, but does that mean you go out of your way to harass these people just because they don't, again, live up to your expectations and come at your beck and call? No, it shouldn't, and if it does, you are ignoring every single piece and factor that goes into what makes the game "bad" or "dead" just so you can feel right.

However, this is all just my opinion (while some things said in this post are true) and I'd like to hear from you and your thoughts on the matter. Maybe we can even get some admins to post their thoughts as well, who knows?

Until then, I appreciate you reading, have a wonderful day and goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything in these are factually wrong, let me know (please, in a respectful way.)
    Well yea yea, I get it. There's a fine line between constructive criticisms and insults/harassment. While I recognise that there are some things in the game that leaves much to be desired, I think that it is no justification to start insulting admins for that. Criticisms/feedback can be allowed, but only when they refer to an aspect of the game, perhaps the new shop etc etc. But because a shop or item isn't up to what we expect does not mean we start insulting the admin.

I'll just put forth an example to facilitate comprehension.

Let's say I'm unhappy with the new hat shop. Say, the colours aren't attractive, the items are overpriced etc. I can give the aforementioned sentence as a form of feedback, and it would still be acceptable.

But it becomes unacceptable when I start going against the admin who made the hat shop, by saying e.g the admin is a *@#!$#@....

Notice that in the former case only the items/hats are being mentioned, without any reference to the admins who made them while the latter puts the emphasis on the admin. I do not believe that a piece of work by an admin, howsoever satisfactory, is fully reflective of the admin's personality or character. It would be unfair to insult him or her because what she or he did is not up to your satisfaction. Everyone has their own expectations - some high, some low, and therefore it would be impossible for admins to fulfill all of them at once. If you are not satisfied with the product, then don't buy them. Know that you did not "pre-order" the admin to make the items/shop prior to its release, so don't always expect them to meet high expectations.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

<3 ...
    regret

Zany

These people (the admins) have lives outside of Era. Graal is NOT a job and these people are human beings. They still have to do things that can keep them from focusing their lives on the game, which is totally understandable. The people who are constantly complaining about the faults of Era is that, to be honest, nobody has control of it. It's just a matter of circumstance, and that events happen in the admin's lives which may cause them from either putting in their all or even being there to put in that effort.

Frankly, I don't like the direction the game has been going either, but does that mean you go out of your way to harass these people just because they don't, again, live up to your expectations and come at your beck and call? No, it shouldn't, and if it does, you are ignoring every single piece and factor that goes into what makes the game "bad" or "dead" just so you can feel right.
    Thank you, THANK YOU!!

PRs get a crap ton of the blame because they?re most accessible to players. I?ve been harassed for developmental and PRA based problems that I have absolutely NO connections to. But that part about not living up to player expectations and not going to their becking call, I swear, made me want to cry, because you?re a player who is actually seeing this reality. They?re treated like slaves. PRs are set up for failure, and anytime light is brought to them being HUMAN, the harassment gets worse. It?s basically ?Chop chop admin, host. Jail this guy for me. If you jail me for being racist though, you?re wrong and abusive. I?m rEpOrTiNg YoU tO tOoNsLaB!? Day in, day out. No appreciation. I got a threat of being tracked down once because of my age.

But this thread is just, tr?s magnifique!

This is what we need players to see. Some bad apples may be there, but the staff who try, just want to do their job, and live their lives, deserve more respect than they get. It is so, so sad how abusive players get towards staff, who are also players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    We give them a small update, they bash the creator and tell us to focus on better stuff
    We give them new content, they still complain
    I?m not saying we?re perfect, but you can?t expect us to be at our best if you don?t let us go through trial and error.
    (Just to clarify not everyone does this, though based on personal experience, a significant amount does).
    Though I?m still happy to see the good people who are very nice to the team, and still believe in the game
    And this thread is the proof that there still is a large quantity of people who love, who accept, who envision a better future.
    Thank you
    This too ^^
    Another thing is that players expect everyone to be pleased. They don?t like a VIP item, they riot in start and complain. Anyone else who likes the item is stupid.
    They complain for updates but no matter what update is given, it?s not good enough. Like Joey said perfectly, TRIAL AND ERROR. You can not please everybody but for gods sake, be grateful that staff are even trying despite the amount of pure hatred is spewed back whenever they breath wrong. And don?t even get me started on events. People on here already hate me for my event-hosting rants. Staff have some sense. Many complained after the upload currency update but the alternative was no more customs, period. Staff could of made their lives easier, said “screw it” and cut it out. But they didn’t.

Staff try. They won?t always meet ever raising expectations. The old staff are in the past and change needs to be embraced and seen in another light. Never say they do nothing because it?s sad that so many firmly believe that ALL staff don?t do anything. Only then will the game truly be ?dead?.

I mean i feel like you can have a status with a message to a admin criticizing them or give harsh feedback while still being respectful of admins

Harsh feedback is different than constructive feedback. Since 80% of the community are children, it'll come off as harassment and cruelty rather than actual criticism.
    regret

I always believe on graal and ik they will get better at a time like before but people just jeed to give them time not harrasing the admins
    Be sexc and much love

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    My experiences with administrators has been very professional, to be honest.

For me, if you're just looking for answers and you're polite with how you say it, you'll be fine.

I've even messed around sometimes and asked if they could 'help with my Geometry homework' to which they said 'no but I can help you with anything Graal-related' when they could've easily said otherwise.

I've gotten warned, not jailed for things such as profane jokes. (I haven't gotten warned since January 2017, never been jailed).

I even have friends who have/currently are administrators and they're pretty collected about it. They make sure to set their job over what they do as friends.

I dunno. Don't really have a problem with those folks and I feel like if you can be sensible that they're also people, things just feel a bit more at ease.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    My experiences with administrators has been very professional, to be honest.

For me, if you're just looking for answers and you're polite with how you say it, you'll be fine.

I've even messed around sometimes and asked if they could 'help with my Geometry homework' to which they said 'no but I can help you with anything Graal-related' when they could've easily said otherwise.

I've gotten warned, not jailed for things such as profane jokes. (I haven't gotten warned since January 2017, never been jailed).

I even have friends who have/currently are administrators and they're pretty collected about it. They make sure to set their job over what they do as friends.

I dunno. Don't really have a problem with those folks and I feel like if you can be sensible that they're also people, things just feel a bit more at ease.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ye this seems pretty good staff (most) but they get hate which makes me sad cuz they just wanna help (or want powers but to get them they help you) either way they're helping but people just are like "dumb*** admins" "admins are jokes" that stuff and it's usually because they have a bad attitude in general and it gets them in trouble so they get mad

Well maybe the whackhead owner of Graal could pay the admins? If not all the admins maybe the Developers? He can do it, but wont. When Graal will and it will have 70-120 players online daily, maybe he will hire new people and pay them, but itll be too late, he'll spend cash on the admins and cash on advertising for more players.

And guess what, I can see Stephane making VIP-Subscription thingies if Graal gets more players. Y'know, if you dont pay you dont play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Thank you, THANK YOU!!

PRs get a crap ton of the blame because they?re most accessible to players. I?ve been harassed for developmental and PRA based problems that I have absolutely NO connections to. But that part about not living up to player expectations and not going to their becking call, I swear, made me want to cry, because you?re a player who is actually seeing this reality. They?re treated like slaves. PRs are set up for failure, and anytime light is brought to them being HUMAN, the harassment gets worse. It?s basically ?Chop chop admin, host. Jail this guy for me. If you jail me for being racist though, you?re wrong and abusive. I?m rEpOrTiNg YoU tO tOoNsLaB!? Day in, day out. No appreciation. I got a threat of being tracked down once because of my age.

But this thread is just, tr?s magnifique!

This is what we need players to see. Some bad apples may be there, but the staff who try, just want to do their job, and live their lives, deserve more respect than they get. It is so, so sad how abusive players get towards staff, who are also players.

- - - Updated - - -

This too ^^
    Another thing is that players expect everyone to be pleased. They don?t like a VIP item, they riot in start and complain. Anyone else who likes the item is stupid.
    They complain for updates but no matter what update is given, it?s not good enough. Like Joey said perfectly, TRIAL AND ERROR. You can not please everybody but for gods sake, be grateful that staff are even trying despite the amount of pure hatred is spewed back whenever they breath wrong. And don?t even get me started on events. People on here already hate me for my event-hosting rants. Staff have some sense. Many complained after the upload currency update but the alternative was no more customs, period. Staff could of made their lives easier, said “screw it” and cut it out. But they didn’t.

Staff try. They won?t always meet ever raising expectations. The old staff are in the past and change needs to be embraced and seen in another light. Never say they do nothing because it?s sad that so many firmly believe that ALL staff don?t do anything. Only then will the game truly be ?dead?.

Ah, you knew what you were signing up for when you were applying for PR.

Harrasments? Well, why did you apply then?

- - - Updated - - -

Harsh feedback is different than constructive feedback. Since 80% of the community are children, it'll come off as harassment and cruelty rather than actual criticism.
    Harsh feedbacks are actually the best criticisms.

Its the admins fault for not understanding that from harsh feedbacks you can improve.