Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: House Ratings! Any Suggestions?

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    I like the idea of multiplying the average rating by number of total votes, I’m sure the people working on this would have to run some numbers first and all that. I also like the idea of having only identified accounts being able to rate houses, it’s much more annoying to make new identified accounts than it is to just hop on a new account.

So looks like y’all want competitions and rewards and stuff. Not sure how themes would work since it’ll be players judging houses, not staff. How often do you think they should be done? Do you think ratings should reset after each competition to give newcomers a better chance? Also, my opinion, but I’d like a considerable gralat prize if competitions like this end up being made, since furniture is pretty expensive. Heck, if regular automated competitions like this were done, people could use house designing as a job after they shell out for a bunch of furniture.

But since there was talk about house owners being able to reset their house rating for a gralat fee, do you think there should be two ratings - one for all time and one for the current competition cycle? With players only being able to reset the total house rating, not the competition rating? How much do you think it should cost to reset house ratings?
    Please make sure the trophy happens
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Big Cheese Captain
    I've gathered all your feedback and found a system that could work. Here's how it all works:

- House competitions are held every season (4 times a year). House ratings are reset every season, so everyone has a fair chance. The winner of the seasonal competition would win a prize (prize is to be discussed).
    - Once you have rated a house, you may NOT rate another house for another couple of hours. Furthermore, you may not change your rating on that specific house until the next seasonal competition comes.
    - Owners will not be able to reset house ratings. The only way a house rating can be reset is when the season changes (a new house rating competition will begin).
    - Players MUST be identified AND have 100+ hours to be able to participate in house voting.
    - To be eligible to win, your house must have a minimum of 50 ratings.
    - Once the season changes, the voting period will end. We will now enter another voting period, but it will be the top 3 houses for the season. This new voting period will last one week.
    - The top 3 houses will be chosen by a fair algorithm which takes into account the number of total ratings.
    - The voting will be in game via the Era Go forums
    - After a week has passed, the player with the house with the most ratings will win a prize.

Does this seem good? Am I missing anything?
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by iMask View Post
    *long post*
    Yes you’re missing these
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    + besides the hours and the identification, if the account isn’t 1+ month old they can’t vote
    ^^ add that too cuz I wanna participate plis

Make it an option to turn this off for your house thanks!
    my discord is xiv#2549

my idea!!1111!!
    Add me on Era - Clooft

House ratings looks cool, and might be enjoyable for me.

If, I had my account with the dope house re-linked
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

Looks great.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

Big Cheese Captain
    Aaaaaaand after a very long dead period of this idea being scrapped, it's back in development!

House Ratings are live at the moment in game for beta testing. The ratings you guys submit are to test scoring algorithms and testing database structures.

That house is overloaded

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea

In my opinion, rewards should be furniture pieces.