Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of the Week: Our Community

Event Coin Discussion of the Week: Our Community

Hello, Forum Users.
    As a member of the Graal Era community (even if the system hates me), I'd like to push forward an effort to maybe revive the forums and make them more active. So, I'm going to introduce a discussion of the week. Every Friday, I bring up a topic, and (hopefully) the thread will dissolve into a discussion and debate about the topic in an effort to make the forums more interesting.

Topic of the Week
    So, we're gonna start off with something everyone complains about but never acts on: our community. We all know it's a landmine of toxicity, but my question is; why is it this way? Who is responsible for this sudden up rise of toxicity and unwanted behavior.

My Reasoning/Thoughts
    My reasoning? Era's competitive scene has took a real uprising since 2016 (or the creation of Falcone which introduced gang wars and cartels). Things since then such as Multiplex Sparring and the sudden toll of new quests and updates made it so the players of Era have no other choice to spar, PK, streak and go for the gold. This creates a God Complex, as each player is fighting to be the best. It has become less of a community effort and more of a "u have minigun so ur noob becuz u kill me in tachi base." Gang Wars were invented and now you can't circle the map peacefully without coming across one group of people calling each other noobs and acting tough (on a kids game, mind you) about who can press a button and shoot a virtual gun which spread to the other players. And boom.

But, I wanna hear your thoughts and what you think.

Chao.
    regret

The community has always been toxic wym

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    The community has always been toxic wym
    Yea what he said!

But dw.
    With me, the head mod Era Go will be saved and everyone will be posting happily

*Close Thread*

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    But dw.
    With me, the head mod Era Go will be saved and everyone will be posting happily
    I believe it.

Well I failed miserably.
    regret

I think the whole gang wars/cartels idea with Falcone is a great thing in terms of creating a world riddled by gangs. It's just that, in all aspects the game is way too competitive for a friendly environment. Friends are made in according to skill level, same goes for basing gangs, too. To get into a large part of the community, you have to be good at the game and earn the respect of others. It's kind of sad, really.

Continue these weekly discussions. They sound interesting.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    I think the whole gang wars/cartels idea with Falcone is a great thing in terms of creating a world riddled by gangs. It's just that, in all aspects the game is way too competitive for a friendly environment. Friends are made in according to skill level, same goes for basing gangs, too. To get into a large part of the community, you have to be good at the game and earn the respect of others. It's kind of sad, really.

Continue these weekly discussions. They sound interesting.
    That made me think, maybe bases should be transformed to territory. Then it's a mafia type vibe and maybe instead of a certain flag or something in the territory there could be like war areas and tags compete in the areas and most kills on a tag in the area after a random amount of time set within 15 mins - 1 hour gets a Gang Poin (the gang holds it, basically in statics it could say like Gang Coins: x) and at like 250 coins you get 2k reward, 500 = 4k reward, (250 coins = 2k hrs in this) and could have a war 30 minutes after each ends so people could leave the one community and have some time for others idk just a thought lol

Hmm it'll be good to revive the forums. And idk why the community is toxic tbh. Here in the forums we got toxicity because of discussions against admins or we're just like this ig. In-game's toxicity is due to people who think they're the kings of Era lmao. Example: Many sparrers, Astros (ugh, astros) andd others. If They think saying 'spar me noob' is a good argument then they suk

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, wrong posting section