Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Discussion of the Week: Our Community

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I have to agree with what failure says, that announcing something big before its release may open a door for disappointment. Lets remember that staff work voluntarily so they can leave at any time and finding a replacement (for that type of field) may be a bit hard and could take time. I would love to have some sort of announcement to hype the community and keep everyone updated, but I am also thinking of the spam that PR's may get because of this as well. Like questions regarding when it will be released or if it isn't released on the due date then it would be complaints on where the update is, or players trying to get information out of them as well.
    Ahh, I understand better now about how PRs and other staff may be affected. I might have been guilty of talking to Meph about mpx before release back in the day. Thank you for the clarification.

Well maybe we can think together. How can we bring players closer together without triggering toxicity? Either with or without staff involvement.

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    I do agree that it would be neat for staff to give little hints about what they were working on, but this brings up other issues. Like what happened with Country Side, the staff member working on it left before finishing, leaving everyone a little disappointed. Giving sneak peeks and estimated release dates opens the door for disappointment. Though with Plasma Corp and the upcoming house rating system, I think that the staff team is giving players at least a hint of what to expect.
    My question is though; why cant countryside be completed/released even?

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    Era server can’t handle that large of a gmap or expansion; it’d have to be on it’s own server if implemented.
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEpicGen View Post
    Era server can’t handle that large of a gmap or expansion; it’d have to be on it’s own server if implemented.
    Could probably just link it to the left side of the current map, since that wouldn't be an expansion to the main map really. With so many empty buildings you'd think they'd link the inside levels of those places to the empty buildings or make another like mall with a countryside like theme and put the stuff inside

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    I think part of it is our current developers might not know enough about what was planned for it or are uninterested in finishing it. All I know is that we’re still pretty low on developers and it’s a development heavy project. Our devs might be doing their own thing and have no interest in finishing countryside since it wasn’t their brainchild. But I don’t know really.

Zany
    The toxicity of the community sprouts from the community itself. The playerbase, how they handle the game, age, and of course all the typical influences that come with life in general.

One community may bother another one. A community who thinks something the general public considers extremely offensive is okay normally will clash with any community that gets offended. Maturity of the community goes a long way, and of course staff don't excluded from this, they are players after all. Toxicity may come from one bad experience caused by one person to one other person, or a whole group of people who are just overall unhappy.

I think it typically, like all things in life, starts with something small and becomes bigger. As the playerbase grew, and as time passed, things had to change; it's reality. Many people, however, are resistant to trial and error and change in itself. You can't expect anything to get better without either though. Mainly I just think it's just the people themselves. How they're raised, their beliefs, and how they feel once they step onto that online world.