Thread: "Upload Assistantnce" staff idea

Leveler

"Upload Assistantnce" staff idea

Would be nice to have a little staff team of like 4-6 made of people who are already staff like PRs and LATs etc but they are people who can help players with their uploads like fixing transparency issues and other issues with the graphics since players often have many issues with their uploads. No the team wouldn't be like making players heads basically fixing only and current staff only so we dont need new people to just fix uploads just people who wanna help fix uploads and are staff and add a team lead for it possibly to make sure the team is doing their job. I feel like this would help people a lot who always have issues with their uploads (like me) but are clueless how to fix it.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    Would be nice to have a little staff team of like 4-6 made of people who are already staff like PRs and LATs etc but they are people who can help players with their uploads like fixing transparency issues and other issues with the graphics since players often have many issues with their uploads. No the team wouldn't be like making players heads basically fixing only and current staff only so we dont need new people to just fix uploads just people who wanna help fix uploads and are staff and add a team lead for it possibly to make sure the team is doing their job. I feel like this would help people a lot who always have issues with their uploads (like me) but are clueless how to fix it.
    How to fix Transparency Issues 101:

Once finished with your head:

Then when uploading:

​Make sure to tick the box clearly circled.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    How to fix Transparency Issues 101:

Once finished with your head:

Then when uploading:

​Make sure to tick the box clearly circled.
    The transparency box is for bodies only, heads can't change colors so no use of putting a colored background, just delete it and upload it as PNG
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Banned
    By helping players, do you mean like actually getting the files from players and fixing them? If not, PRs will generally try to help you figure out what’s wrong and how to fix it if it gets denied and you ask about it.

Also, Ben made a guide on how to fix some uploads, hopefully it clears some things up.
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...377#post486377

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    By helping players, do you mean like actually getting the files from players and fixing them? If not, PRs will generally try to help you figure out what’s wrong and how to fix it if it gets denied and you ask about it.

Also, Ben made a guide on how to fix some uploads, hopefully it clears some things up.
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...377#post486377
    With my experience I never receive a response with what's wrong

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    With my experience I never receive a response with what's wrong
    Oh. That’s less good. It may be that the pr doesn’t remember your upload enough to tell you what was wrong, sometimes they come in really fast and it’s hard to remember specifics

I like the idea but I don't think that'll ever happen. If there's ever an issue with an upload the Player Relations staff members are there to talk you through it. If there was a team dedicated to handling uploads then they would be getting swarmed with pointless things like requests for custom heads and bodies being made or edits done to current ones. It would just be madness. The way uploads are handled right now is perfectly fine.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

Idk about other staff but personally i allow players to send me their head/bodies and i try to fix their upload problems. sometimes i even edit them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it would seem like something that isn’t necessary. PR members are usually able to explain why a file is wrong, it is just up to the player to fix the issue. I also do help players explain some things that are a bit more complicated, like how an animation shouldn’t be more than 25 seconds long or it will be automatically rejected, or how sometimes you get a flashing image/missing colors on gifs. These are small problems that, with some knowledge on editing, can be easily fixed. There are also a lot of players who are willing to help people, either for free or for trochus.

Also if I am honest I feel like players will only take advantage of that type of system and complain because a staff didn’t want to make them some edit for them that isn’t around fixing an issue.