Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of the Week 2: Items

Event Coin Discussion of the Week 2: Items

Apologies for the VERY late post, but it's still Friday when I'm posting this.

Anyways:

This Week's Topic:
    Items. The new ones that have been released and ones that should be released.

I really wanna hear what you guys think instead of saying something myself, because I don't have an opinion to be honest. After I was unlinked for no reason, I stopped being engaged with Era, and don't really care for any of the weird items. But as far as toys, guns and melees go, I think the ones of recent memory have not been that good.

However, I wanna hear what you think, your thoughts and opinions on the items of Era. Bonus points if you give an example.
    regret

More notes on the piano, surprisingly fun to play, maybe have the ipad version get more keys since it's a bigger screen
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Melees:

On the GFX side of things, the Items are fine.
    Some Items are obviously more innovative than others aesthetically speaking, but in the greater scheme of things they're alright.

On the item's Gani side of things, they're ok.
    I understand it's hard to come up with a totally new animation from your head without the a pre-existing animation as an influence, but some items in the past have just had the same gani but a change in sprites.

Scripting wise, I feel like they've got better.
    Granted sometimes the items are a sword with knock-back (yet comes to 20k+ gralats somehow).
    But they have improved (there was a weapon that had a knockback mode and flame mode).
    However It would be nice if more weapons were released with the Shadow warp function.

All in All, the melees are improving.
    Although sometimes, a similar item (statistically speaking) is released, however the look and gani may be different.

Hats:
    They're alright, but quite pricey.

Guns:
    No Complaint

Bodies/Head:
    Not many are released except for during special occasions which I guess is due to the large amount of players making their own.
    The few which are released are fine.

Furniture:
    Not sure. Christmas furniture never works for me, so given up with that.

Food:
    No issues.

Cars:
    I think some re-work needs to happen with the current system.
    Some cars are a lot more expensive than others and from what I can tell the only think that determines the price is how it looks.
    I feel like the speed at which the car travels at should be varied.
    If a car is more expensive, then it would be nice if that car would be faster than cheaper cars,
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Zany
    Personally I think we need to let trial and error run its course.
    The game has been out a while though, originality can only go so far. I basically agree with what BZ said. I don't think the stuff is nearly as bad as the community tends to act like it is. I think there's just high expectations setting up the team for failure, and we have to take trial and error and the newer staff teams into consideration before bashing everything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Personally I think we need to let trial and error run its course.
    The game has been out a while though, originality can only go so far. I basically agree with what BZ said. I don't think the stuff is nearly as bad as the community tends to act like it is. I think there's just high expectations setting up the team for failure, and we have to take trial and error and the newer staff teams into consideration before bashing everything they do.
    Agreed, but I can see where the community comes from.
    regret

The stint when era was heavily into player contributions was really nice and welcomed. Era has a ton of talented pixel artists apart from just staff. Maybe I'm just out of touch with the game, but it doesn't seem like they're used as much anymore.

Also, I still want the hat in my avatar in yellow, orange, black, and white lmao
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    The stint when era was heavily into player contributions was really nice and welcomed. Era has a ton of talented pixel artists apart from just staff. Maybe I'm just out of touch with the game, but it doesn't seem like they're used as much anymore.

Also, I still want the hat in my avatar in yellow, orange, black, and white lmao

No, they aren't. The last newest hat we got were the Multiplex GST hats, which was essentially a reskinned Italy Low Point Cap with "GST" on the top. It seems like Era is more focused on the competitive side of the game, with kids buying gralats to afford the higher-up guns. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    regret

Deaaaaad thread
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Deaaaaad thread
    Thanks, I realized.
    regret

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    No, they aren't. The last newest hat we got were the Multiplex GST hats, which was essentially a reskinned Italy Low Point Cap with "GST" on the top. It seems like Era is more focused on the competitive side of the game, with kids buying gralats to afford the higher-up guns. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    What has been worked on or released to show this new focus on competitive gameplay?
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)