Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Better hiring system

Better hiring system

y’all hiring system is really bad, you shouldn’t want people who play era for “fun” you should want those who are willing to spend there time contributing to making it better and peaceful for other players experience, overlooking those who would want to do that is sad. Basically you’re saying if I chose to work at Walmart then I would have to shop there. When that’s not how hiring works but I’m not gonna even do that. Hopefully one day you realize that’s how hiring works because era is extremely toxic and no one does anything to try and fix it, I would give a lot of time to contribute to era and I get over looked because I refuse to play it? Please fix y’all system and contact me personally if you have a issue with my statement.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    y’all hiring system is really bad
    He's not wrong.

era is extremely toxic and no one does anything to try and fix it
    Man lands on the moon.

You shouldn’t want people who play era for “fun” you should want those who are willing to spend there time contributing to making it better and peaceful for other players experience, overlooking those who would want to do that is sad. Basically you’re saying if I chose to work at Walmart then I would have to shop there. When that’s not how hiring works but I’m not gonna even do that. Hopefully one day you realize that’s how hiring works because era is extremely toxic and no one does anything to try and fix it, I would give a lot of time to contribute to era and I get over looked because I refuse to play it? Please fix y’all system and contact me personally if you have a issue with my statement.
    The rest is all COPE.
    No clue where you got that idea from.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

You still need a good amount of knowledge about the game if you wanna be a PR

Banned
    If you’re a good enough at scripting, ganis, graphics, SFX, or levels, you can get hired without playing the game. It’s happened before, you just need to showcase your talent to the right people. For PR work, on the other hand, you need game experience. How do you help others with the game if you’ve never played it or done anything with it? I would also argue that all staff members put time into trying to improve the game and players’ experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    If you’re a good enough at scripting, ganis, graphics, SFX, or levels, you can get hired without playing the game. It’s happened before, you just need to showcase your talent to the right people. For PR work, on the other hand, you need game experience. How do you help others with the game if you’ve never played it or done anything with it? I would also argue that all staff members put time into trying to improve the game and players’ experiences.
    You claim staff members put time into the game to improve it yet I’m not hired as a mod *hammer emoji*. Makes zero sense to me.

The issue with this is we look at a players warnings to see if they are responsible enough to become staff. If some player refuses to play, it's hard to trust them with staff tools since we don't know how they are around other players since we have nothing to go off of in terms of history, and they could possibly have a higher chance of abusing powers than lets say someone who plays this game on a regular bases with little to zero warns or warns from 3-4 years ago.
    Last edited by Blitz Canavi; 07-24-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Y'all need to add some development workshops to teach players how to program using GS2.

I have 4 years of game experience but i choose not to play because the game is toxic and build up people’s ego. Not only that I ask important questions and get ignored every time (nothing new to me) I just find it petty that when I get off work instead of me spending my few hours to work on era and make it good. I have to waste it having “fun” and few admins don’t even play era now. They only log on to work

I have 4 years of game experience but i choose not to play because the game is toxic and build up people’s ego. Not only that I ask important questions and get ignored every time (nothing new to me) I just find it petty that when I get off work instead of me spending my few hours to work on era and make it good. I have to waste it having “fun” and few admins don’t even play era now. They only log on to work
    No one is making you play Era??
    my discord is xiv#2549

Obviously but in order to be considered to be a pr I have to play