Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bullet eating

Bullet eating

So i’ve always been lucky enough to have good wifi and be decently close to the server (5-10 hours away)so i myself haven’t really had a lag issue much. But recently i’ve been traveling more and i decided to try to get back into spar and i notice myself eating a couple bullets due to my service not as good as my home wifi. So i’m just curious do laggers see themselves eat bullets like i did? Or do they see themselves dodging the bullets on their screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those lagging dodge what they see. When they get hit, their device tells notice of the hit to the server and then they take damage. As long as the connection is stable, things are kinda okay as far as dodging goes. You have to start leading your shots to get hits in though. Lag spikes are bad because it creates an unnatural wall of bullets that are often impossible to dodge.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

This is off topic, but in Era you can have the wifi NASA has but if you live in Australia for example it does not matter. You still would have 300 ping. Until the devs decide to change the location of the server 90% of era will have a ping above 100
    Last edited by iHit; 07-23-2018 at 05:50 PM.
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    This is off topic, but in Era you can have the wifi NASA has but if you live in Australia for example it does not matter. You still would have 300 ping. Until the devs decide to change the location of the server 90% of era will have a ping above 100
    Loves a high ping
    my discord is xiv#2549

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    This is off topic, but in Era you can have Google Wifi but, if you live in Australia for example it does not matter.
    You still would have 300 ping.
    Until Unixmad decides to change the location of the server or improve the current server, the current server will continue destroying the lag-free experience.
    FTFY

On the contrary, Graal Era is not like PUBG; you can choose which server is the closest to you to ensure you get the lowest ping, however you wouldn't be able to play with someone who would be in the Asian server.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    FTFY

On the contrary, Graal Era is not like PUBG; you can choose which server is the closest to you to ensure you get the lowest ping, however you wouldn't be able to play with someone who would be in the Asian server.
    I know that, but maybe if they chose a location where most players are coming from there will be less players with high ping. Why does it have to be in Texas? Why not somewhere near the Middle East or Europe or Asia? That way more players will be close to the servers
    Admins - - ERA

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    So i’ve always been lucky enough to have good wifi and be decently close to the server (5-10 hours away)so i myself haven’t really had a lag issue much. But recently i’ve been traveling more and i decided to try to get back into spar and i notice myself eating a couple bullets due to my service not as good as my home wifi. So i’m just curious do laggers see themselves eat bullets like i did? Or do they see themselves dodging the bullets on their screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's more of a delay on their screen.

If you have less latency then they do, you're likely to track their movements easier than they would because they're the ones freezing up and not you.

I was sparring in Multiplex last night and some guy joined the queue and the second he joined, he would have 3 second delays and it'd be hard to track his movements because of how hard he lagged.

I was irritated, but I guess someone reported him because right when I was about to lose, he got relogged.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Most people that live far away from the server, do Dodge the bullets on their screen, and the delay makes it seem like their eating bullets.

But when people use VPN to purposely delay their gameplay, they tend to not see some of the bullets you shoot, hence they walk through them, and not hit on your screen. Using explosive bullets help with that, but not everytime.

This is also possible if your ping is around 400-600ms+ shots are delayed and it appears to be eating. There's pretty much no such thing as eating, it's either delay caused by you or the server. If you see yourself eating bullets on your screen, that's either the server delay itself or wifi.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    Most people that live far away from the server, do Dodge the bullets on their screen, and the delay makes it seem like their eating bullets.

But when people use VPN to purposely delay their gameplay, they tend to not see some of the bullets you shoot, hence they walk through them, and not hit on your screen. Using explosive bullets help with that, but not everytime.

This is also possible if your ping is around 400-600ms+ shots are delayed and it appears to be eating. There's pretty much no such thing as eating, it's either delay caused by you or the server. If you see yourself eating bullets on your screen, that's either the server delay itself or wifi.
    Or perhaps hit timer?

You shouldn't eat bullets.

I don't think that's a very good dietary plan.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar