View Poll Results: Would you like a gst redo?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, this gst was trash

11 64.71%
  • no

6 35.29%

Thread: GST Redo

Banned

Angry GST Redo

I wont go in detail as why it should be redone as anyone who participated or watched the stream knows all the reasons it should be redone. With that said, regardless of the outcome Junz will most likely not redo the gst due to HomelessWitch and her inability to comprehend competitive aspects of era. If there is no redo then I will finally have Shrekts GST size arena made and host a real gst on my own. The exact terms would be thought of on a later date if I end up doing that. Below vote for which option you prefer and please leave your reasoning for whichever option you chose.

I agree on a redo, I didn’t practice 4 months just to be assassinated by a ghost.

It's okay i'll go into detail why the GST didn't get redone and why it doesn't need to. For starters it was an entertaining GST and with any big event there will always be faults. You just have to accept them and move on, after all it is only a game.

The GST was 100% smooth during the first bracket so we all know how the GST could have gone if every single match was 100% and worked as planned. There was also a "test" GST days before the real one which was staff vs staff and that GST had 0 problems. I was even in that GST and i experienced 0 issues.

But lets go back to where all the complaints and cries are being thrown at. The match of Curse Vs Shrekt. Where you clearly expected to win but unfortunately didnt.
    The problem here is you complained players were invisible during your match on Curses side yet you didnt mention it until a later match when the GST had moved on and you were knocked out. You had no proof or evidence it happened and this is the reason your team didnt get a "redo". Yes Junz was experiencing players going invisible on his end, the reason for this is the problem occurs on the clients end. So just because Junz sees people invisible doesnt mean everyone does. Just remember this also never happened in the previous staff GST or the first entire bracket. There was also no evidence of Curse "house glitching" in your match either so you cant use that as an excuse to get a redo of the match or the entire GST.
    You were eliminated fair and square. Im sorry but it has to be said. Also after they discovered the players going invisible, many of us PRs came into help with updating the level constantly to make sure the invisible players thing didnt happen again.

Now onto the Broken Myth Vs Curse match where Jake and Justin were accused of "house glitching". While the match was going on many reports were made towards the players saying they were house glitching. Junz also noticed they had a different "freeze" on their gun and made them stand still for a few seconds. I believe Junz didnt disqualify them straight away as there wasnt much evidence to prove they did it even though he did make them stand still that just made sure if they did do it then it would go away.
    I was even there during that match and im not a gun expert or anything but those two Jake and Justin did look like they were shooting faster than the other players. And then back to normal after they had stood still for a while. I feel Curse should have been disqualified then but thats just my opinion. I know why Junz did what he did and he was right to. But im glad in the end that the cheaters were caught and disqualified. This GST was planned to not be as long as previous ones and these set backs with redos would have made the GST even longer. Obviously this wasnt a reason to say oh i dont want the GST to be longer so no redos. Its just another extra point and there wasnt much time to go back and to view things to wait for more evidence or whatever because people were expecting the GST and not a still image. So of course Junz continued the GST and after it finished didnt decide a winner yet because of the controversy during the GST and after evidence and such a decision was made and Curse was disqualified.

Plus the fact the GST is on a server with 2800 players on is of course going to have a few problems. Hopefully in the future this will change and more plans will be made to improve the GST. Overall the GST was fair. Junz made it as fair as possible. He looked at the facts and made the right decisions, he didnt act too quickly and he did the right thing.

Good luck with your GST redo, if you do end up doing one but I dont think it will be made official and will probably be a waste of time. I wrote this pretty quickly and i hope you understand this isnt to upset anyone or cause any drama.
    Im not expecting to reply after this message but i will read what people say.
    iMonkeyWazHere

Banned
    Of course Vertu (Broken Myth) wouldnt want a redo, can you at least explain how you got Junz to give you 5+ redo’s?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iMonkeyWazHere View Post
    It's okay i'll go into detail why the GST didn't get redone and why it doesn't need to. For starters it was an entertaining GST and with any big event there will always be faults. You just have to accept them and move on, after all it is only a game.

The GST was 100% smooth during the first bracket so we all know how the GST could have gone if every single match was 100% and worked as planned. There was also a "test" GST days before the real one which was staff vs staff and that GST had 0 problems. I was even in that GST and i experienced 0 issues.

But lets go back to where all the complaints and cries are being thrown at. The match of Curse Vs Shrekt. Where you clearly expected to win but unfortunately didnt.
    The problem here is you complained players were invisible during your match on Curses side yet you didnt mention it until a later match when the GST had moved on and you were knocked out. You had no proof or evidence it happened and this is the reason your team didnt get a "redo". Yes Junz was experiencing players going invisible on his end, the reason for this is the problem occurs on the clients end. So just because Junz sees people invisible doesnt mean everyone does. Just remember this also never happened in the previous staff GST or the first entire bracket. There was also no evidence of Curse "house glitching" in your match either so you cant use that as an excuse to get a redo of the match or the entire GST.
    You were eliminated fair and square. Im sorry but it has to be said. Also after they discovered the players going invisible, many of us PRs came into help with updating the level constantly to make sure the invisible players thing didnt happen again.

Now onto the Broken Myth Vs Curse match where Jake and Justin were accused of "house glitching". While the match was going on many reports were made towards the players saying they were house glitching. Junz also noticed they had a different "freeze" on their gun and made them stand still for a few seconds. I believe Junz didnt disqualify them straight away as there wasnt much evidence to prove they did it even though he did make them stand still that just made sure if they did do it then it would go away.
    I was even there during that match and im not a gun expert or anything but those two Jake and Justin did look like they were shooting faster than the other players. And then back to normal after they had stood still for a while. I feel Curse should have been disqualified then but thats just my opinion. I know why Junz did what he did and he was right to. But im glad in the end that the cheaters were caught and disqualified. This GST was planned to not be as long as previous ones and these set backs with redos would have made the GST even longer. Obviously this wasnt a reason to say oh i dont want the GST to be longer so no redos. Its just another extra point and there wasnt much time to go back and to view things to wait for more evidence or whatever because people were expecting the GST and not a still image. So of course Junz continued the GST and after it finished didnt decide a winner yet because of the controversy during the GST and after evidence and such a decision was made and Curse was disqualified.

Plus the fact the GST is on a server with 2800 players on is of course going to have a few problems. Hopefully in the future this will change and more plans will be made to improve the GST. Overall the GST was fair. Junz made it as fair as possible. He looked at the facts and made the right decisions, he didnt act too quickly and he did the right thing.

Good luck with your GST redo, if you do end up doing one but I dont think it will be made official and will probably be a waste of time. I wrote this pretty quickly and i hope you understand this isnt to upset anyone or cause any drama.
    Im not expecting to reply after this message but i will read what people say.
    tldr;
    Writing 10 paragraphs doesn’t help your case. The gst was a disaster and you trying to justify it is quite the comedy. First off we told Junz about the issue right after our round, he even paused and checked our information so dont tell me he was already too far in the gst. Next he gave BM 5+ redo’s, regardless of the reason that is unacceptable. Lastly the server having 2800 players is not an excuse for this to happen. You are a PR so Im sure you dont have a mind of your own to say anything otherwise. The gst was a disaster and the fact you are trying to justify such garbage amazes me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just another asspull from a staff member, thanks sir.

- - - Updated - - -

You think a gst with invisible players, invisible barriers, people taking dmg through walls, a player healing back to 50hp, one team getting 5+ redo’s, and the team that lost in the finals getting first place is fair then you are delusional. You should resign with that kind of logic, Im afraid you might find it fair to randomely jail players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Of course Vertu (Broken Myth) wouldnt want a redo, can you at least explain how you got Junz to give you 5+ redo’s?

- - - Updated - - -

tldr;
    Writing 10 paragraphs doesn’t help your case. The gst was a disaster and you trying to justify it is quite the comedy. First off we told Junz about the issue right after our round, he even paused and checked our information so dont tell me he was already too far in the gst. Next he gave BM 5+ redo’s, regardless of the reason that is unacceptable. Lastly the server having 2800 players is not an excuse for this to happen. You are a PR so Im sure you dont have a mind of your own to say anything otherwise. The gst was a disaster and the fact you are trying to justify such garbage amazes me.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You think a gst with invisible players, invisible barriers, people taking dmg through walls, a player healing back to 50hp, one team getting 5+ redo’s, and the team that lost in the finals getting first place is fair then you are delusional. You should resign with that kind of logic, Im afraid you might find it fair to randomely jail players as well.
    Duke is right lmao, how is it fair when you could clearly see In almost all the matches, people were invisible. We even confirmed through another source that the gmap was broken, and that came from a previous GST host.

The GST was a joke, it wasn’t Junz's fault, but he could have taken charge and stopped it before it turned into a disaster. We in Shrekt got smacked by a bug in the map, and lost to cheaters (house glitchers)

The response we got?

It will be fixed next year - Junz

I thought that nothing could get worse than the Gang Crash Tournament, but we got ghosts instead.

Banned
    Knuckles said no as well because Im guessing a free gst win is better than an earned one?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

- - - Updated - - -

tldr;

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao we got one redo vs curse since they were house glitching but there was “no solid proof” at the time.

This is just embarrassing. You didn’t like the outcome of the GST so you’re going to throw your own... oook. Forget the fact that your gang has failed to make the semi-finals two years in a row, place the blame on somebody else instead... give it a rest. My team as well as several others experienced odd lag in the arena, and may have lost because of it. And yes it is frustrating, but really, what do you expect to be done here? Have everything redone to your liking because you’re upset?

2343BE50-9B3A-4F25-8A47-60ABD4290021.jpeg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fze View Post
    Lmao we got one redo vs curse since they were house glitching but there was “no solid proof” at the time.
    Then you guys got like 3 more vs Tryharder, including a random 5 vs 5 lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brussard View Post
    This is just embarrassing. You didn’t like the outcome of the GST so you’re going to throw your own... oook. Forget the fact that your gang has failed to make the semi-finals two years in a row, place the blame on somebody else instead... give it a rest. My team as well as several others experienced odd lag in the arena, and may have lost because of it. And yes it is frustrating, but really, what do you expect to be done here? Have everything redone to your liking because you’re upset?

2343BE50-9B3A-4F25-8A47-60ABD4290021.jpeg
    I can tell you and your team are trash, as your one to accept any result because you know you wouldnt win anyways. Some of us actually can win and find it ridiculous to lose because of a bug and to be told “It will be fixed next year dw”