Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future improvements on Era

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Like BZ said, such as what? Things like that also take time.

Alright, this one. So, every day, as a staff, I sit at the bottom of start with my tag off, no items, just sitting there, and I have conversations with players. I'll answer their questions and help them. But there's a huge reason why that's not a usual thing. Even when that happens, and keep in mind I only do this when there's no reports or at least 4 other PRs on, I still get harassed, cursed out, and pmed that I'm a "worthless admin" who doesn't "do her job". I consider interacting with the community apart of my job. Admittedly though, its overwhelming. 6 people all at once asking you questions expecting an answer in seconds flat, while 2 others are calling you or cursing or whatever, while 2 others are asking for dolls, it's a lot to make yourself do, and typically players are not patient about it. You have to understand how hard it is for us to do without getting harassed, spammed, and/or overwhelmed.

"Noob" is one of those words that isn't an insult but people use it as one. I think we're all "noobs" considering we all have something to learn in the game. But nonetheless, considering it's really not an insult (if we're talking in technicalities here), people don't get punished for calling others it. Typically it's used in banter or similar in severity to calling somebody "stupid".

As BZ said again, it encourages boosting, and could cause similar problems.

I'm still open minded to update ideas but I wouldn't say Era is "dying". As people leave, new people come. Slow in pace as it is, thousands still play, and it won't "die" likely for years. Thousands of people don't just drop in months.
    First of all, Remember boosting is one of the reasons you get jailed so I don't think that one would be a problem. Secondly, one of the biggest reasons graal's player database decreases is by Noob Abuse. I've seen cases where "Pros" preys on new players forcing them to leave the game for example
    " Pro: " Noob spar me"
    Noob: No
    Pro: Lol scared
    Noob: Leave me alone
    Pro: Lol kid why don't you stick to playing minecraft
    And also I seen other cases in astro where pros move in gangs "roasting" the noob to leave the game. Frankly, I understand players can be disrespectful and impatient but I think that if you continue to reach to them, you'll get a different response usually is the message you send to players is the feedback you will get back from them.

@ #4
    It’d be great to be given weekly since I guess daily will encourage people to boost? However you don’t need to be a genius to catch boosters

SEAMAN
    Update era on time like news sir/ mam...

How exactly do you punish/ deter 'noob abuse,' like it's common across multiplayer interactive games in general and you can't exactly jail people for saying, " Noob spar me" or for saying "you stupid," or just childish name calling. And doesn't the block feature exist?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."