Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP has really hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I want the piano
    2bad
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Zany
    I don't see a problem with it (and if you don't feel like reading ignore what is said below. I already know I talk a lot).

From my point of view, knowing what's going on developmentally to a further extent lately, and being a PR (which is the go-to staff that players go to to complain about everything they hate about the game development-wise), I think the expectations from a good amount of the playerbase have been set way too high, which sets the team up for failure.

Without the item, the benefits of VIP already exceed the price paid in worth. Whatever item you get is a bonus that frankly, is probably worth as much as VIP without the benefits. What is given is given, but the past is the past. Old VIPs were made by old staff with their own styles, and we're at a point where there's tons of people who all want different things. There's groups who want trashpicks, there's groups who want melees, there's groups who want healing items. After years and years, originality won't be as good as it once was, and certain items (with a larger playerbase now) wouldn't work out.

I do know that staff try their best to listen to player ideas, and mention them in meetings all the time. It's a matter of a lot of factors though; a lot of these ideas are extremely similar to previous things, have flaws, and are sometimes just not doable with how things are.

Of course things have their flaws but I think we should be a bit more grateful for what's given out considering staff do work so hard on them and put a lot of things into consideration with them. People can be so brutal about this stuff. Can't please everybody, much as I know we want it to.

Eh, it isn’t horrible, kinda cringe. But people love it. I think they should add in maybe like a backpack. Vans style. I think that would be pretty cool.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Troytms View Post
    Eh, it isn’t horrible, kinda cringe. But people love it. I think they should add in maybe like a backpack. Vans style. I think that would be pretty cool.
    Backpacks would be cool.

Emphasizing on fashion would be something that'd be pretty awesome. A good ol' backpack sounds fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    They should make the piano that is played in the church / similar to that piano in sounds if u know what I mean
    Similar to a Pipe organ?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Did you just call the kitty trash pick trash? Did you just call a CAT-THEMED trash pick TRASH?!
    (Rage: 100)
    How did I know you'd be in this thread?
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Similar to a Pipe organ?

How did I know you'd be in this thread?
    Yes

VIP has really hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Troytms View Post
    ^^ this. Good graphics but it’s really cringy and I hate cats. Where’s the dog VIP??
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    ^^ this. Good graphics but it’s really cringy and I hate cats. Where’s the dog VIP??
    Next month perhaps. = equality.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

I think the VIP items we get are perfectly fine.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Like I said, I can't say too much because I don't know what's happening in the department but it doesn't matter about the quantity of the artist, it matters about their creativity.

What do you prefer? In saying that you own a company paying an hourly wage to employees:
    - 5 artists that each and one of them lack creativity
    or
    - 2 artists, that have immense, beautiful, out of the box creativity?

I don't know how to explain it, but do you understand what I am trying to say?

Stardew Valley was made by one man! o o f

- - - Updated - - -

I can completely agree with your opinion.
    I never liked the idea of seasonal VIP, but now I am thinking it would be nice to have it. It'd be on the works so we don't know how the first year will treat us, but by any means if it's better than monthly, so do it.
    It's easy to share an idea.. being able to execute it is a different story, especially when everything art wise falls onto 2 people.. I'd prefer the 5 who can get it done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    I don't see a problem with it (and if you don't feel like reading ignore what is said below. I already know I talk a lot).

From my point of view, knowing what's going on developmentally to a further extent lately, and being a PR (which is the go-to staff that players go to to complain about everything they hate about the game development-wise), I think the expectations from a good amount of the playerbase have been set way too high, which sets the team up for failure.

Without the item, the benefits of VIP already exceed the price paid in worth. Whatever item you get is a bonus that frankly, is probably worth as much as VIP without the benefits. What is given is given, but the past is the past. Old VIPs were made by old staff with their own styles, and we're at a point where there's tons of people who all want different things. There's groups who want trashpicks, there's groups who want melees, there's groups who want healing items. After years and years, originality won't be as good as it once was, and certain items (with a larger playerbase now) wouldn't work out.

I do know that staff try their best to listen to player ideas, and mention them in meetings all the time. It's a matter of a lot of factors though; a lot of these ideas are extremely similar to previous things, have flaws, and are sometimes just not doable with how things are.

Of course things have their flaws but I think we should be a bit more grateful for what's given out considering staff do work so hard on them and put a lot of things into consideration with them. People can be so brutal about this stuff. Can't please everybody, much as I know we want it to.
    PRs are only go-to when they do something wrong.. i don't see anyone going this art is bad PRs are to blame!

I dispise that excuse and it seems to be the mentality of all the staff members, NO vip is NOT worth it without the item to majority of players.. you overempathize the size of the pk base while whoever made the changes to the profiles demeaned them..

Appealing to majority rather than a small selection on the item choice would make more sense wouldn't it? The trashpicks are frankly overused.. the old VIP items are popular because they went out of the box.. a broom, a weird ball thing, the crow, nail guns.. you can feel the effort put into them and that's why they're so enjoyable and liked.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, your job isn't about getting the thanks from players the sooner you stop expecting it the sooner you'll do your job better.