Thread: NBA General Discussion Thread

NBA General Discussion Thread

sup nerds

over the past several years i've been getting more and more in to the NBA and i've been majoring in journalism and writing about the nba and a few other sports. and i haven't popped in here in a while, so if y'all want to talk basketball, let's do it.

i'll start with a question: who do you think are the winners and losers of this past Free Agency?

in my opinion, the lakers (obviously) are some serious winers, but the pacers are also pretty underrated with picking up tyreke evans and dougie mcbuckets. i really think the pacers will finish with a top 3 record in the east.

the rockets definitely lost this free agency though. this year was the year that they could have competed and now they lost all of their best defenders and added a washed-up carmelo anthony.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

I've been a hardcore NBA fan for as long as I can remember. Same goes for the Los Angeles Lakers, that's my team. It's going to be so nice seeing them playing as winners again, and reaching the playoffs. The only downside to the Lakers being so popular and potential-filled now is the bandwagon fans who come in and call the old school Laker fans "fake fans". Basically anyone who states that they're a Laker fan is branded a bandwagon. I expected this to happen anyway but it doesn't really bother me, the true LA fans know who the real and fake fans are. We're getting 60 wins this season.

I don't agree with you on the Rockets losing free agency this year. They were able to bring back Clint Capela on a cheap, lengthy contract and they got Carmelo who will be a good backup scorer, for basically no pay. But if I were them I would bench Carmelo instead of doing what OKC did, trying to make him one of the lead members of the team. He just isn't that caliber of a player anymore. I don't expect them to do any better than they did last season though.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by iEvoGraalEra View Post
    I've been a hardcore NBA fan for as long as I can remember. Same goes for the Los Angeles Lakers, that's my team. It's going to be so nice seeing them playing as winners again, and reaching the playoffs. The only downside to the Lakers being so popular and potential-filled now is the bandwagon fans who come in and call the old school Laker fans "fake fans". Basically anyone who states that they're a Laker fan is branded a bandwagon. I expected this to happen anyway but it doesn't really bother me, the true LA fans know who the real and fake fans are. We're getting 60 wins this season.

I don't agree with you on the Rockets losing free agency this year. They were able to bring back Clint Capela on a cheap, lengthy contract and they got Carmelo who will be a good backup scorer, for basically no pay. But if I were them I would bench Carmelo instead of doing what OKC did, trying to make him one of the lead members of the team. He just isn't that caliber of a player anymore. I don't expect them to do any better than they did last season though.

the lakers have had bandwagon fans for years, but it's going to get exceptionally worse this year. i suspect the lakers will probably will 50 games or so.

but as for the rockets, they did get a lot worse. losing their two best defenders and adding a washed-up carmelo really doesn't add much of anything. keeping capela but losing luc mba a moutah and ariza really hurts them a lot. they had their chance to make it to the finals last year, but now they're not going to be able to do much of anything. melo was god awful this last season, and he's not going to do the rockets any favors.

okc tried to bench carmelo but he absolutely refused to come off the bench.

I love basketball, but I don't know much about the NBA );
    my discord is xiv#2549

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    Kyrie!!
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    right now is an absolutely great time to get into the nba. this next season is going to be really entertaining. watch a few different teams, see which one you like and start rooting for them

i recommend the pelicans, but im also a biased pelicans fan. they've got the fastest pace in the nba and a dude with a unibrow. what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    right now is an absolutely great time to get into the nba. this next season is going to be really entertaining. watch a few different teams, see which one you like and start rooting for them

i recommend the pelicans, but im also a biased pelicans fan. they've got the fastest pace in the nba and a dude with a unibrow. what's not to like?
    Jahlil Okafor is underrated.

Don't @ me.
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by iEvoGraalEra View Post
    Jahlil Okafor is underrated.

Don't @ me.
    i really hope that he has a breakout season. he went from being a third pick to... whatever he is now. he lost a lot of weight so hopefully he can make a jump into our center rotation which is already pretty deep. he's gonna have to battle for a spot with julius randle, chieck diallo and ajinca.

i imagine he'll come off the bench along with diallo. ajinca is garbage

- - - Updated - - -

damn, d wade is retiring after this year it's sad that all of these stars that i grew up watching are starting to retire.