Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: People abusing the report system.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukami13 View Post
    Look, I understand your point and I am trying to find the root of what you wish to be fixed within the system, but right now you're coming off as pretentious, and attacking a staff member within the game will not solve your issue or prove your stance.

I am trying to take a look into both sides of this debate and unequivocally, it is not getting us anywhere but further into a rabbit hole of nonsensical jargon and fallicious rebuttals of who is right and who is wrong. I only ask that we set aside our differences and actually state WHAT you wish to see developed to solve the issue, instead of refuting someone when they tell you how the system already is, especially when they have experience on the matter. I am not attacking specifically you, this goes for everyone within this particular forum

As a developer myself (not specifically to Era) it is absolutely crucial to be told exactly what your demands are, instead of just continuing on the topic of how your demands are not being met. It is okay to have an opinion, but what I am seeing is that people want to change and alleviate the amount of reports sent in. I have already inquired before on how this could be fixed, yet nobody wants to contribute any input. If you could please do so, that would be great.

Thank you.
    I don't think I am attacking any staff if I'm pointing out that what they've said does not help. Also, as I've mentioned, I did not entirely discount Her views.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Something that might not have been said, which I’ll admit probably should have been: when a PR goes to investigate a report, they should investigate BOTH sides of the report. That means observing both reporter and reported, as well as reading the pm history of each. That’s how we catch people abusing the report system. As Joey has stated, there are a few situations that can occur with each report, one or both or none of those involved could receive a warning. It’s the responsibility of the investigating PR to look at the full picture instead of only one side.

I don’t deny that verbal warnings don’t work all the time. However, if someone who was verbally warned by a PR is involved in something like that again and is found guilty of ignoring the verbal warning, then they will be punished accordingly. Sometimes a formal warning doesn’t stop someone. And, as before, they get punished again and again until they learn their lesson.
    Finally, something insightful and constructive. Thanks for the input.

Zany didn't provide this detail when arguing Her point, which is why I said its not helping.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LYK08; 08-20-2018 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Everyone's wasting their time, 6 pages of this and we haven't gotten anywhere or learnt anything. (Well, expect that Yukami likes pink but that's besides the point.) Hurry up and make a decision, if you plan to make one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ReyR View Post
    I know you’re not supposed to post about jails however this isn’t about a singular person getting jailed but rather a bigger problem that affects more people. The problem I want to bring up is that many people are abusing the report system. For example, I am/was part of the gang Wyvern and I’ve noticed that whenever we war another gang that people in our gang get jailed for things they aren’t doing, I fell victim to that yesterday, I got my problem resolved but I still wanted to bring this up. I don’t want to point fingers because I don’t know for sure who it is that uses these dirty tactics but it’s really bad. Hopefully this can be resolved soon but in the meantime stay safe out here.

Btw feel free to say anything that is relevant, thanks.

Idk staff might be abusing powers, I was inactive for almost 2 months and when I came back the 1st day I had not even played 5 minutes and I got warned for no reason. Also a lot of Region's high ranks have been getting jailed lately. All at the same time.
    Admins - - ERA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    Idk staff might be abusing powers, I was inactive for almost 2 months and when I came back the 1st day I had not even played 5 minutes and I got warned for no reason. Also a lot of Region's high ranks have been getting jailed lately. All at the same time.
    I'm sure you know this already, but if you were warned for no reason, you need to submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com. If you think staff members are abusing powers or anything like that, you need to talk to an SPR or PRA about the issue and hopefully they can look into it and catch anyone doing things they shouldn't.

Consider taking a look at Valve's online multiplayer game, Dota 2. That game's reporting system actually lets you know whether a report you filed resulted in punishment. So, instead of forcing players to conduct extreme experiments to determine whether toxicity reports have an effect, Dota 2 gives you feedback and tells you how it handled a particular situation.

And, to prevent players from abusing this system, Dota 2 only allows you to file three reports per week, but those reports are refunded to you if a report you filed results in punishment. In other words, you're rewarded for reporting toxic individuals through being allowed to continue filing those reports. A system like this would probably help.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Everyone's wasting their time, 6 pages of this and we haven't gotten anywhere or learnt anything. (Well, expect that Yukami likes pink but that's besides the point.) Hurry up and make a decision, if you plan to make one at all.
    I also like purple, but it’s hard to see thanks for noticing <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post
    Consider taking a look at Valve's online multiplayer game, Dota 2. That game's reporting system actually lets you know whether a report you filed resulted in punishment. So, instead of forcing players to conduct extreme experiments to determine whether toxicity reports have an effect, Dota 2 gives you feedback and tells you how it handled a particular situation.
    Thank you so much this is VERY inciteful. Kuddos for the first input! I think this is a great idea, now we would just need to format it for Era. Any ideas?
    You can find me on Era as Venus Snapdragon
    Have a question? Feel free to pm me in game!
    Making Era a positively positive place !

Quote Originally Posted by Yukami13 View Post
    I also like purple, but it’s hard to see thanks for noticing <3

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much this is VERY inciteful. Kuddos for the first input! I think this is a great idea, now we would just need to format it for Era. Any ideas?
    Nevermind if you are going to use fancy fonts to write your posts, but the sarcasm involved is irritating. To Incite ("Inciteful") means "The action of provoking unlawful behaviour or urging someone to behave unlawfully." by Oxford dictionary. If you disagree with what's being said, I would strongly advise you spare everyone of us your sarcasm - it is disgusting and not constructive at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post

And, to prevent players from abusing this system, Dota 2 only allows you to file three reports per week, but those reports are refunded to you if a report you filed results in punishment. In other words, you're rewarded for reporting toxic individuals through being allowed to continue filing those reports. A system like this would probably help.
    The concept of the idea is not bad, but perhaps some things such as limiting the number of reports per week has to be changed to suit Era.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Nevermind if you are going to use fancy fonts to write your posts, but the sarcasm involved is irritating. To Incite ("Inciteful") means "The action of provoking unlawful behaviour or urging someone to behave unlawfully." by Oxford dictionary. If you disagree with what's being said, I would strongly advise you spare everyone of us your sarcasm - it is disgusting and not constructive at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The concept of the idea is not bad, but perhaps some things such as limiting the number of reports per week has to be changed to suit Era.
    I think they meant insightful, their reply didn't seem to be disagreeing with it.

I would think more reports per week (25 or so seems resonable?) or a way to "punish" repeat offenders of reporting for no reason for example; Repeat reporting shell stealers after getting feedback stating that they can't do anything about it as it's legal being limited on what they can report, or a temporary ban from reporting? obviously would need to be tweaked further but just an idea to start with..

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

She meant insightful*, pardon her grammar.
    The idea Wilder94 stated is actually quite interesting, I vouch for it.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Well yes Wilder's idea is good.
    I'd incorporate that into previous ideas, and we'll get something like this

1.Players abuse the system by working together to report someone and the report may or may not be true

2. Admins check on the report, punishes the player If the report is true. Then goes on to check the PM history etc of those who reported. If conspiracy is found, those who report will be barred from reporting/have the number of reports they can file capped to a certain number for a period of time.

3. If the same player continues to abuse the system , then the period of banning them from reporting lengthens/ the maximum reports they can file per week decreases gradually to 0 and then a temporary ban from reporting. This should stop them, if not then I think it is justified for admins to issue warns.

I don't think verbal warns should be used as a solution because the report page has explicitly stated that abuse of the system will warrant penalties. It is already clear enough, no difference from an admin repeating the same thing via PM.