Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: People abusing the report system.

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMustache View Post
    I know a person who was jailed because a staff member had it out for them.
    One example doesn't define every staff and how they handle problems.

We're all individuals, we're all human. That is besides the point of the thread, and besides the point of what I'm trying to say.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    One example doesn't define every staff and how they handle problems.

We're all individuals, we're all human. That is besides the point of the thread, and besides the point of what I'm trying to say.
    It sure does define you.

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMustache View Post
    It sure does define you.
    I don't know what I did to you, but I'm sorry you feel that way. I respect your opinion nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    If the player is doing something wrong, cursing, being racist, whatever they're being reported for, they're going to be punished. They should think before they act/talk if they want to avoid that being used against them.

They may use it as a weapon but if they don't want it to be used against them then they can stop full on breaking the rules (not talking little curse words here and there, but flat out rule breaking, cursing others out, threats, etc). It's a choice. You can't blame staff for doing their job without bias, like in what you're implying (despite what you previously implied).

Spamming reports is report abuse but reporting somebody who is purposefully in the wrong, even though it may have been out of specific intent, is still a valid report. And if the person who reported somebody else is also in the wrong, they'll be punished too. It's petty tit for tat. But it's handled based on right from wrong, not gang from gang or how many reports are sent in.

You were blaming the staff earlier which is why I brought up what I did, I'm very aware of what the thread is about though.

No you do not get the point. We are talking about ABUSE, and as I've said, using the system as a means to get back at one another constitutes abuse.

You've completely ignored this fact that has to be accepted prior to discourse. I have also further mentioned about relevant examples and fully explained why it would constitute abuse regardless of validity of report.

I did not in any way dismiss the report filed as invalid. It is still valid, but I am addressing the issue of aforementioned abuse.

You have misinterpreted what I've said. Read my previous post prior to giving your inputs.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    No you do not get the point. We are talking about ABUSE, and as I've said, using the system as a means to get back at one another constitutes abuse.

You've completely ignored this fact that has to be accepted prior to discourse. I have also further mentioned about relevant examples and fully explained why it would constitute abuse regardless of validity of report.

I did not in any way dismiss the report filed as invalid. It is still valid, but I am addressing the issue of aforementioned abuse.

You have misinterpreted what I've said. Read my previous post prior to giving your inputs.
    I know you're talking about abuse, don't treat me like I'm unable to read.

What I'm saying is those people, abusing reporting others in order to get at them during base wars may have wrong intentions, but if the reported people weren't being vulgar or breaking the rules there would be much less of a problem, and there'd be nothing for them to get attacked about at all. It may be "abuse" to report them in order to get a stab at them, but the person who gets jailed gets jailed because they still broke the rules, and that makes said "abuse" cancelled out either way. One abused the report system, the other verbally abused or did whatever they did to get jailed so they're both wrong.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, all I'm trying to do is make a point.

So you're saying that if someone is breaking a rule that no one that may possibly have a vendetta about them is allowed to report them because that would classify as abuse, and staff should know all the inner-workings of every player's relationships?

You need to look at this realistically. If someone is breaking a rule and they get reported, it doesn't constitute as abuse. Staff will assess the situation and make their own judgement call about the situation and whether or not any rules were in fact broken. A report just means that this is something that we need to look into, it doesn't equate to anything if no rules have been broken. Using reports as a strategical advantage in things such as basing should not exist, and would not exist if no rules were broken in the first place.
    my discord is xiv#2549

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    So you're saying that if someone is breaking a rule that no one that may possibly have a vendetta about them is allowed to report them because that would classify as abuse, and staff should know all the inner-workings of every player's relationships?

You need to look at this realistically. If someone is breaking a rule and they get reported, it doesn't constitute as abuse. Staff will assess the situation and make their own judgement call about the situation and whether or not any rules were in fact broken. A report just means that this is something that we need to look into, it doesn't equate to anything if no rules have been broken. Using reports as a strategical advantage in things such as basing should not exist, and would not exist if no rules were broken in the first place.
    That's the point I'm trying to make.
    Well said Xiang

Lol u guys r acting like children (no offense Wast)

One example doesn't prove or disprove ANYTHING.

Also, what do you want do you Management to do? Remove the WHOLE team? Who confirmed the new guys would he any better?

However, you guys do have a point, there's a decent handful of corruption running around iEra, but, as I said before, who says the new guys would be any better? What if they're worse? We'll be back at square one.

(I'm sorry if I sound disrespectful, but this is the simplest way I can say it. I love you all <3 ;D)
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Yes you said it. "..it should not exist"

When I say that I do not dismiss the report, I am not asking that admins do nothing about it. But using the system to get back at one another is not in line with the system's function, which constitutes abuse.

Realistically if the admins are fixated on enforcing the rules, I do not blame them as it is their responsibility. However, there enforcement should not be a means for gangs to get back at one another. Of course I do not expect that admins know what transpired, but it would be evident if members from the same gang file repeated reports against someone from another gang, and if admins should punish the person for breaking the rules, they should also look into the intentions of those who filed the report by checking their chat history for violations of rules/conspiring to report someone as an act of war and punish them accordingly. A member of the other gang can report a member of the enemy gang, but don't you think it's an obvious abuse if suddenly 25 people from the same gang reports one person?

Basically, if punishemnets are to be met, it should be done to both sides where necessary if the reports are done as an act of war;using the report system to attack an enemy gang member counts as abuse and should be punished, even if the report is valid. There is definitely no need for 10+ people of a gang to report someone - it's not proper use of the system.

I'm only pointing this issue out and giving a minor suggestion in the way you guys enforce the rules -I don't think its too much to ask for.
    Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Yes you said it. "..it should not exist"

When I say that I do not dismiss the report, I am not asking that admins do nothing about it. But using the system to get back at one another is not in line with the system's function, which constitutes abuse.

Realistically if the admins are fixated on enforcing the rules, I do not blame them as it is their responsibility. However, there enforcement should not be a means for gangs to get back at one another. Of course I do not expect that admins know what transpired, but it would be evident if members from the same gang file repeated reports against someone from another gang, and if admins should punish the person for breaking the rules, they should also look into the intentions of those who filed the report by checking their chat history for violations of rules/conspiring to report someone as an act of war and punish them accordingly. A member of the other gang can report a member of the enemy gang, but don't you think it's an obvious abuse if suddenly 25 people from the same gang reports one person?

Basically, if punishemnets are to be met, it should be done to both sides where necessary if the reports are done as an act of war;using the report system to attack an enemy gang member counts as abuse and should be punished, even if the report is valid. There is definitely no need for 10+ people of a gang to report someone - it's not proper use of the system.

I'm only pointing this issue out and giving a minor suggestion in the way you guys enforce the rules -I don't think its too much to ask for.
    Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    While I do see what you’re trying to say, and agree partly with it as it has been repeated multiple times, it is very difficult to actively punish several people whom are reporting one person as an act of revenge or hostility, but we must also realize in part, the reason why these incidents occur.

In several cases as I have been a part of this conflicting situations you refer to, both parties commit an offense that admins look into extensively, as it is their job and duty to investigate all reports and take the action that is needed to be done.

What you are stating is, that you wish for there to be an active punishment for those who report the offensor repeatedly, a form of reconciliation, in part.

Instead of bantering about who’s point is correct, we must think about the outcomes of such an institution. If we were to implement a sort of system such as so, unequivocally, several people would be either wrongly punished, leading to more chaos and havoc. Leading to more debatable posts such a these, where an outcome is unlikely.

Perhaps try suggesting specifically what you would like to see implemented to aide the development of such a process. Do you want it to be a system type of thing, or something that is heavily reviewed by staff? Or perhaps a script that once someone is warned already, anyone else that tries to warn the player is notified that the issue is being looked into, as to avoid this “unfairness” that is believed to be occurring. You must also consider, there is punishment for those who abuse the report system as well. Or is that too broad for you?

Remember: if we want to see change, take action, and be specific and reasonable about your demands. This goes for everyone.

Thank you.

You can find me on Era as Venus Snapdragon
    Have a question? Feel free to pm me in game!
    Making Era a positively positive place !