Thread: School and stuff

School and stuff

next school year i will be possibly moving schools. next school year i would be a senior high school student and right now im really REALLY struggling in terms of my grades and it makes me doubt if i still can achieve my goals and other stuff that academic brings.

i wanted to ask you guys how are you in terms of your grades at school? and to people who are already working. how were they and how are you now?

this was just a really sad and random thought i was studying for exam week and im starting to feel hopeless. i just really want to be able to get a good job

in high school i was doing pretty decent my freshman year, i was getting by with b's and c's. then in sophomore year i started drinking a lot and doing a lot of drugs and my grades plummeted hard. i mean, i was taking 7 classes and i was failing every single one of them. junior year came around and i went to public school for one semester and was failing all of my classes, so i dropped out and went home schooled. i graduated high school a year late. my grades were really poor so i couldnt get in to a university. i'm currently enrolled in a community college and i got straight a's for the first time in my life. i'm in my second year of a journalism major and i'm on track to graduate with an associates and transfer to a prestigious university of my choice.

if you're doing poorly in high school, it's not the end of the world. a lot of people around you are going to say that it's the worst thing ever, but it's going to be alright. if you want to go to college but you don't have the grades for a university, do what i did - go to community college. community colleges allow you to almost get a fresh start and most universities will look at your more recent grades in a community college compared to your high school grades.

the only word of advice i have is if you do decide to enroll in a community college, do not blow off your classes. you're paying to be there and you're paying to learn. you're going to have to study a lot more, but trust me, this is the stuff that is really going to matter.

it can seem kind of scary, but everything will be alright. i promise
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Highschool was honestly okay for me. I had good grades but the people in my school weren't that much of a friendly type, so I spent most of it with a few friends.

It was a long boring period, and I'm finally glad it's over.

I'm starting my second year in college in a few weeks and I promise you its nothing like highschool. I barely used the things I learned from highschool in college and everything overall is just better.

Every person might have a different experience in highschool, but it is just a time period that will pass in a blink of an eye and when you look back at it, you will laugh.
    Everything gets better once u finish highschool and start achieving your dreams in college.

Boring, filled with snakes and crazy teachers

- - - Updated - - -

Our system is bad that teachers don’t even have enough time to finish the subject

Just because you don't do well in high school doesn't mean you'll fail in your life.
    We're taught grades are everything, which I understand why it's important to have good grades: discipline. Though grades shouldn't really reflect your intelligence.

Whatever your dreams and goals are, as long as you could make progress to achieve them, then you're fine.
    If you don't go to University, then go to a local community college and study what you want to be or do.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!